SC Johnson Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 14, 2017

47 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Administrative/Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SC Johnson (Chicago, IL) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Received email from a recruiter to schedule phone interview the following week. Interview was short. About 10 questions. Recruiter determined I was not going to be a good fit for the role based on previous salary. Recruiter suggest other titles to watch for possible open positions that would be a better fit.

Interview Questions

• Thinking back over your past employers, which company was the best and worst fit for you and why.   Answer Question

Senior Sales Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SC Johnson in June 2017.

Interview

I received a phone interview request from the recruiter the day after I applied for the job asking to schedule a call with the hiring manager the following day. They understood it was very short notice but were at the end of the process and looking to wrap things up quickly (could have scheduled the following week if that was my only availability). The recruiter was super nice and helpful, great communication and provided a lot of information on the company and the hiring manager I’d be interviewing with.
    The phone interview with the hiring manager was good, very friendly and easy to talk to. Only exception was that I noticed he asked a lot of irrelevant questions unrelated to my experience that were more about the company I work for and departments I don’t even work with. I found that to be very odd and off-putting. Other than that it was a great experience, would apply for jobs at SCJ again.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 3-5 years?

If you were to come into this role how would you utilize the tools from your past experience to make a difference?   Answer Question

Senior Director Marketing Innovation Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Racine, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at SC Johnson (Racine, WI) in February 2017.

Interview

I was surprised by the poorly ran recruiting process I experienced from this company with an excellent reputation. I think anybody that takes the time to spend a day interviewing on site deserves to be contacted with feedback and a notification of a decision, especially for an executive role like this. People were polite (for the most part), but a timeline like this can put most people off, it didn't to me because I had the belief this was a right choice. This is the timeline of my communications:

7/12/16 - Applied to job on line directly at SCJ's site
    9/20/16 - Contacted by third party recruiter asking if I was interested in a confidential job, turns out it was a job I had applied to two months before
    10/27 - Phone screen with hiring manager

radio silence - no feedback from anyone

11/19/16 - External recruiter confirms on-site interviews for 12/20/16
    12/18/16 - Call from SJC to postpone interviews for 1/12/17
    1/10/17 - Call from SCJ recruiter to reschedule for 2/2
    2/2/17 - on-site interviews, thank you notes sent

Radio silence from recruiter and from SJC

3/2 Still no feedback from anybody

Sales Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in White Plains, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at SC Johnson (White Plains, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

was brought in by headhunter. Had phone screen with headhunter than president two days later. Was flown into NY for a full day of interviews a week later. Got to the office around noon. was made to wait outside their office for 35 minutes without being offered anything to drink. brought into the presidents office to meet with him in-person. During our interview, he accepted multiple personal phone calls and was on email for a majority of the conversation. Halfway through he mentioned that the rest of the folks on my interview schedule were "busy" and there would be no more meetings.

Headhunter wouldnt even return my phone call afterwards. Stay away. Very unprofessional

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Racine, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at SC Johnson (Racine, WI).

Interview

I was very excited to interview at SC Johnson, having had a great internship experience. This interview process was incredibly disappointing, however, and ended my career interests with SC Johnson. The interviewers were not professional, with all of them but one checking and manipulating their cell phones during the interview.

Finance Interm Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at SC Johnson in October 2016.

Interview

I applied applied online after meeting a recruiter at a career fair and had a first round behavioral interview on campus. They held a networking social to meet all of the interviewers the night before. This was nice to get to meet employees in a less formal setting and learn more about the company culture.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to work with an ineffective group member. How did you handle that situation?   Answer Question

Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Lansing, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SC Johnson (East Lansing, MI) in September 2016.

Interview

I got the interview through a career fair at my college and was asked a series of questions from three recruiters. The questions were mostly behavioral and I was asked to stem those answers from work experience. Overall the interview was not too stressful and the recruiters did a good job at making me comfortable throughout the interview

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when working with a group didn't go as planned and what did you do?   Answer Question

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Racine, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SC Johnson (Racine, WI) in March 2016.

Interview

The hiring process was planned and well-organized. Initial phone interview with the hiring manager after which I was invited onsite for a 1:1 interview which lasted for about half a day.
    Onsite interview process was based on STAR type of questions. Also, included a candidate presentation to a group. Did not hear back even after two weeks after interviewing and got a negative response after mailing to find out from the HR.

Talent Acquisition Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Racine, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SC Johnson (Racine, WI) in January 2016.

Interview

Terrible candidate & interview experience! I applied for a TA Manager role back in January of 2016, and within 2 days was contacted via email by one of the company's RPO recruiters (A.R.) We set up a time to talk. I completed the phone interview, and was told by the recruiter that he would follow up with me within a week. I never heard from him, nor anyone at SC Johnson, again. Very disappointed and surprised. I followed up three times with the Recruiter who never responded, then also with two others within the Talent Acquisition Dept. for an update. No response. What a complete waste of time. It's very important for a company to realize how damaging this type of candidate treatment really is. It hurts your brand.

Senior Associate- Mechanical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Racine, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at SC Johnson (Racine, WI) in January 2016.

Interview

Contacted by corporate recruiter. After two phone interviews, I was invited on-site for a third interview. Interviewed with three groups of people. One person was a no-show, and his group wasn't aware that he was actually scheduled to travel for business that day.

Interview itself was painless. I was told that decision would be made "in a couple of weeks." Three weeks later, I followed up to check on the status. After a total of six weeks from the date of the interview, there is still no response to my follow-up email.

All in all, I think it's safe to say that I won't receive an offer. I do think though that not responding to a follow-up email is pretty rude, and I won't accept an offer from them at any point, no matter how far my career has progressed.

Interview Questions

• STAR type questions. One hint, if you're interviewing for an engineering position- they don't seem to care about your technical expertise, so showing a portfolio, or demonstrating past work, is unnecessary, and seemingly detrimental to your chances of receiving an offer. Just answer the behavioral questions.   Answer Question