SC Johnson Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SC Johnson Interview Questions

Updated Oct 26, 2017

112 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

1. Featured Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SC Johnson.

Interview

One simple interview with the Director of Category Management and an HR representative. They asked basic questions about what you knew of the position. And what you can bring to the team as well.

Corporate Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at SC Johnson.

Interview

Overall, solid interview, primarily asked behavioral questions in addition to a few questions about finance models and financials statements. A very nice recruiting team and they were very passionate about the company.

Interview Questions

• What’s the most complex financial model you’ve used?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at SC Johnson.

Interview

good. It was through campus recruiting. They asked me only STAR questions. The interviewers were very polite and welcoming. It was a good experience overall. I did not get an offer however, I guess I did not match the position well.

Corporate Finance Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at SC Johnson.

Interview

Talked to a recruiter at the Career fair followed by a first round interview, on-site case study and second round interview. Interviews used STAR based questions and were behavioral styled interview

Administrative/Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SC Johnson (Chicago, IL) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Received email from a recruiter to schedule phone interview the following week. Interview was short. About 10 questions. Recruiter determined I was not going to be a good fit for the role based on previous salary. Recruiter suggest other titles to watch for possible open positions that would be a better fit.

Interview Questions

• Thinking back over your past employers, which company was the best and worst fit for you and why.   Answer Question

Senior Sales Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SC Johnson in June 2017.

Interview

I received a phone interview request from the recruiter the day after I applied for the job asking to schedule a call with the hiring manager the following day. They understood it was very short notice but were at the end of the process and looking to wrap things up quickly (could have scheduled the following week if that was my only availability). The recruiter was super nice and helpful, great communication and provided a lot of information on the company and the hiring manager I’d be interviewing with.
    The phone interview with the hiring manager was good, very friendly and easy to talk to. Only exception was that I noticed he asked a lot of irrelevant questions unrelated to my experience that were more about the company I work for and departments I don’t even work with. I found that to be very odd and off-putting. Other than that it was a great experience, would apply for jobs at SCJ again.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 3-5 years?

If you were to come into this role how would you utilize the tools from your past experience to make a difference?   Answer Question

Associate Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Racine, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SC Johnson (Racine, WI) in May 2017.

Interview

Two phone interviews, followed by an in-person interview that lasted approximately 6 hours. After completion of the in-person interview, there was a formal offer, pending a drug screening and background check (all can be completed in a couple days).

Interview Questions

• They asked typical questions related to my prior work experience, handling challenging situations, biggest accomplishments, etc. Most all of the behavioral questions are what you'd expect if you do a little research online for common behavioral interview questions.   Answer Question

Principal Interview

Anonymous Employee in Racine, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at SC Johnson (Racine, WI).

Interview

STAR process - one or two people would sit and ask a series of predetermined questions that they didn't veer from ... when the questions didn't apply, it was very awkward. There were 7 hour long interviews and one over lunch that was supposed to be just "natural conversation" but of course there were predetermined questions in there too

Interview Questions

• What is something you did that affected your colleagues that was not viewed positively, and how did you deal with that?   Answer Question

Procurement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waxdale, WI

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at SC Johnson (Waxdale, WI) in April 2017.

Interview

I was reached out to. Brought in, interviewed, and offered position. Could not close gap on salary for that position. 6 months later, was reached out to again personally by hiring manager for higher position on same team. Interviewed, and was ghosted afterwards. Followed up with team, not a single response. No salary could now draw me to work for a company that operates in that way.

Interview Questions

• "S.T.A.R." methodology. A template style array of questions. lack of connection to the actual candidate.   Answer Question

Senior Director Marketing Innovation Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Racine, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at SC Johnson (Racine, WI) in February 2017.

Interview

I was surprised by the poorly ran recruiting process I experienced from this company with an excellent reputation. I think anybody that takes the time to spend a day interviewing on site deserves to be contacted with feedback and a notification of a decision, especially for an executive role like this. People were polite (for the most part), but a timeline like this can put most people off, it didn't to me because I had the belief this was a right choice. This is the timeline of my communications:

7/12/16 - Applied to job on line directly at SCJ's site
    9/20/16 - Contacted by third party recruiter asking if I was interested in a confidential job, turns out it was a job I had applied to two months before
    10/27 - Phone screen with hiring manager

radio silence - no feedback from anyone

11/19/16 - External recruiter confirms on-site interviews for 12/20/16
    12/18/16 - Call from SJC to postpone interviews for 1/12/17
    1/10/17 - Call from SCJ recruiter to reschedule for 2/2
    2/2/17 - on-site interviews, thank you notes sent

Radio silence from recruiter and from SJC

3/2 Still no feedback from anybody

Sales Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in White Plains, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at SC Johnson (White Plains, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

was brought in by headhunter. Had phone screen with headhunter than president two days later. Was flown into NY for a full day of interviews a week later. Got to the office around noon. was made to wait outside their office for 35 minutes without being offered anything to drink. brought into the presidents office to meet with him in-person. During our interview, he accepted multiple personal phone calls and was on email for a majority of the conversation. Halfway through he mentioned that the rest of the folks on my interview schedule were "busy" and there would be no more meetings.

Headhunter wouldnt even return my phone call afterwards. Stay away. Very unprofessional