SC Johnson R&D Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

R&D Interview

Anonymous Employee in Racine, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at SC Johnson (Racine, WI) in February 2011.

Interview

I had a 8.5 hour LONG day of interviews. I was even interviewed over lunch while I ate. They use the STAR method (Google it). They ask a question and I had to explain a situation I was in that was similar and details of that situation. YES- 8.5 hours with multiple different people. They were very focused on if I was a fit for their company and had a sense of arrogance. I did not have a chance to ask a lot of questions and they Forgot I was also interviewing them. They seemed very old school. The worst part was the last person- it was the manager- he had the hardest questions and my brain was shutting off due to 8 hours of interviewing. I have never been that exhausted in my life. I ended up accepting the offer due to salary/location.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation you were in a department that had a large process change. How were you affected and how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I negotiated salary and an extra week of vacation. The starting date was the hardest to negotiate. I would ask for what you want and be cautious too as they think you should be dying to work for them.