SC Johnson Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SC Johnson Interview Questions

Updated Oct 26, 2017

1. Featured Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SC Johnson.

Interview

One simple interview with the Director of Category Management and an HR representative. They asked basic questions about what you knew of the position. And what you can bring to the team as well.

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at SC Johnson (Madison, WI) in September 2016.

Interview

2-on-1 on-campus interview. The interview focused mostly on behavioral questions. The interviewers wrote down every answer while you were speaking which was intimidating for me. They were looking for use of the STAR method when answering questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to handle a difficult person/conflict within a group.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tokyo (Japan)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SC Johnson (Tokyo (Japan)) in April 2017.

Interview

The recruiter from sgsco was very unprofessional when she arranged meetings to discuss my background she would interrupt me changing the subject to the context of the next scheduled meeting asking about salary requirements and other work conditions and constantly repeating the same conditions that were in the JD or previously announced and agreed upon.
    She strung me along for 2 months and was not able to iron out the conditions of the position and in the meantime the position was cancelled (undoubtedly because of her failure to make a viable organized solution proposal).
    The recruiter was not clear about the job content throughout the process even thou she seemed to have written/uploaded the content to indeed.com herself.

Interview Questions

• What do you do on downtime on the job;   1 Answer

Principal Interview

Anonymous Employee in Racine, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at SC Johnson (Racine, WI).

Interview

STAR process - one or two people would sit and ask a series of predetermined questions that they didn't veer from ... when the questions didn't apply, it was very awkward. There were 7 hour long interviews and one over lunch that was supposed to be just "natural conversation" but of course there were predetermined questions in there too

Interview Questions

• What is something you did that affected your colleagues that was not viewed positively, and how did you deal with that?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at SC Johnson.

Interview

First telephone interview with the recruiter, where I was briefed about the positions available in detail, the salary, the interview process and some motivational questions.
    Second interview was via skype with the HR for the department, A mix of behavioral and motivational questions and further insight was given related to the open position.
    Third Interview was in person with the manager. Technical, behavioural and motivational questions asked in a very laid back and friendly environment.

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Karāchi (Pakistan)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SC Johnson (Karāchi (Pakistan)) in November 2014.

Interview

A three tier interview process including an initial phone interview with the local hr, followed by a panel interview with the local management comittee team and lastly a panel phone interview with the cluster - regional team members

Senior Finance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Frimley, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SC Johnson (Frimley, England (UK)) in November 2015.

Interview

First you have logical test and mathematica test if you pass then you go to meet them.
    Then you are going to be asked to do a study case that you have 40 minutes to go through and make a presentation (flip chart). After that you speak with a HR person then you have 2 Managers to interview you.

Interview Questions

• If you got 2 urgent matters to do, but cannot do both at once how would deal with that?   2 Answers

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SC Johnson (London, ON (Canada)) in January 2012.

Interview

They interviewed on campus as well as a phone interview. The interview was very formal with them rating each answer that you gave. Overall, the team was very friendly and were looking for hard working individuals who are also a pleasure to work for.

Interview Questions

• They asked a lot of behavioral questions and a few marketing specific questions.   Answer Question

Brand Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at SC Johnson (Ann Arbor, MI).

Interview

Applied through my school website with my resume and cover letter. Then had a 30 minute in person interview. There were 2 interviewers: good cop and bad cop. I felt very uncomfortable the whole time and felt like they were trying to trick me with their questions. They asked for different examples of many questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to make a decision without all the necessary data.   Answer Question

Demand Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Racine, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at SC Johnson (Racine, WI) in June 2014.

Interview

Head Hunter (HH) phone interview. Typed notes for HH to present to SC Johnson. Phone interview with HR dept. Half day in person interview scheduled on site. Four employees interviewed me at the same time. The forth being the hiring MGR. Set formal questions given to the 3 peers to take turns asking in the interview.

Research Scientist/Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Racine, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SC Johnson (Racine, WI) in July 2015.

Interview

They will give you 1 week to get ready, fly you in to ORD or MKE. Then a driver will you up and drop you to your hotel. Those drivers are very nice, you can get lot of local info from them. On the day of interview you have to check in at the security and leave your bags there. It is a all day interview including lunch interview. So always be on your best behavior and be professional. Even during lunch they will ask questions but it is more 'get to know you type" questions. I met with 9 interviewers for individual and group interviews, including 1 hour research presentation.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in this position and what make you better than the other top 3 candidates that we brought in?   1 Answer