SC Johnson Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SC Johnson Interview Questions

Updated Aug 23, 2017

1. Featured Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SC Johnson.

Interview

One simple interview with the Director of Category Management and an HR representative. They asked basic questions about what you knew of the position. And what you can bring to the team as well.

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at SC Johnson (Madison, WI) in September 2016.

Interview

2-on-1 on-campus interview. The interview focused mostly on behavioral questions. The interviewers wrote down every answer while you were speaking which was intimidating for me. They were looking for use of the STAR method when answering questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to handle a difficult person/conflict within a group.   Answer Question

IT Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at SC Johnson.

Interview

Very structured interview process. They had the questions sent in advance for me to prepare. Was even interviewed by my would be team. The problem was on the HR side wherein it lacked the professionalism to advice me status of my application even though I have gone thru all the interviews up two levels. They even asked me detailed comp, but did not have the decency to atleast inform me of status of my application.

Senior Sales Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SC Johnson in June 2017.

Interview

I received a phone interview request from the recruiter the day after I applied for the job asking to schedule a call with the hiring manager the following day. They understood it was very short notice but were at the end of the process and looking to wrap things up quickly (could have scheduled the following week if that was my only availability). The recruiter was super nice and helpful, great communication and provided a lot of information on the company and the hiring manager I’d be interviewing with.
    The phone interview with the hiring manager was good, very friendly and easy to talk to. Only exception was that I noticed he asked a lot of irrelevant questions unrelated to my experience that were more about the company I work for and departments I don’t even work with. I found that to be very odd and off-putting. Other than that it was a great experience, would apply for jobs at SCJ again.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 3-5 years?

If you were to come into this role how would you utilize the tools from your past experience to make a difference?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tokyo (Japan)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SC Johnson (Tokyo (Japan)) in April 2017.

Interview

The recruiter from sgsco was very unprofessional when she arranged meetings to discuss my background she would interrupt me changing the subject to the context of the next scheduled meeting asking about salary requirements and other work conditions and constantly repeating the same conditions that were in the JD or previously announced and agreed upon.
    She strung me along for 2 months and was not able to iron out the conditions of the position and in the meantime the position was cancelled (undoubtedly because of her failure to make a viable organized solution proposal).
    The recruiter was not clear about the job content throughout the process even thou she seemed to have written/uploaded the content to indeed.com herself.

Interview Questions

• What do you do on downtime on the job;   1 Answer

Administrative/Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SC Johnson (Chicago, IL) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Received email from a recruiter to schedule phone interview the following week. Interview was short. About 10 questions. Recruiter determined I was not going to be a good fit for the role based on previous salary. Recruiter suggest other titles to watch for possible open positions that would be a better fit.

Interview Questions

• Thinking back over your past employers, which company was the best and worst fit for you and why.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SC Johnson in April 2013.

Interview

SCJ uses Targeted Selection - you will need to provide examples to all the questions they ask. They ask about future goals and what you can do for the company.

Sales Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in White Plains, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at SC Johnson (White Plains, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

was brought in by headhunter. Had phone screen with headhunter than president two days later. Was flown into NY for a full day of interviews a week later. Got to the office around noon. was made to wait outside their office for 35 minutes without being offered anything to drink. brought into the presidents office to meet with him in-person. During our interview, he accepted multiple personal phone calls and was on email for a majority of the conversation. Halfway through he mentioned that the rest of the folks on my interview schedule were "busy" and there would be no more meetings.

Headhunter wouldnt even return my phone call afterwards. Stay away. Very unprofessional

Associate Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Racine, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at SC Johnson (Racine, WI) in January 2017.

Interview

Confusing - after my in person interview, HR contacted me the same day to say they were writing me an offer. The next day I got an email from the Hiring Manager saying that they wanted me to submit examples of my work. After I sent them in, I got an email a couple days later requesting a phone interview to go through the documents I sent them.

Interview Questions

• Do you have anything that will keep you from working additional hours?   Answer Question

Procurement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waxdale, WI

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at SC Johnson (Waxdale, WI) in April 2017.

Interview

I was reached out to. Brought in, interviewed, and offered position. Could not close gap on salary for that position. 6 months later, was reached out to again personally by hiring manager for higher position on same team. Interviewed, and was ghosted afterwards. Followed up with team, not a single response. No salary could now draw me to work for a company that operates in that way.

Interview Questions

• "S.T.A.R." methodology. A template style array of questions. lack of connection to the actual candidate.   Answer Question

Principal Interview

Anonymous Employee in Racine, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at SC Johnson (Racine, WI).

Interview

STAR process - one or two people would sit and ask a series of predetermined questions that they didn't veer from ... when the questions didn't apply, it was very awkward. There were 7 hour long interviews and one over lunch that was supposed to be just "natural conversation" but of course there were predetermined questions in there too

Interview Questions

• What is something you did that affected your colleagues that was not viewed positively, and how did you deal with that?   Answer Question