SC Johnson Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SC Johnson Interview Questions

Updated May 25, 2017

Research Scientist/Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Racine, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SC Johnson (Racine, WI) in July 2015.

Interview

They will give you 1 week to get ready, fly you in to ORD or MKE. Then a driver will you up and drop you to your hotel. Those drivers are very nice, you can get lot of local info from them. On the day of interview you have to check in at the security and leave your bags there. It is a all day interview including lunch interview. So always be on your best behavior and be professional. Even during lunch they will ask questions but it is more 'get to know you type" questions. I met with 9 interviewers for individual and group interviews, including 1 hour research presentation.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in this position and what make you better than the other top 3 candidates that we brought in?   1 Answer

Data Entry Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Racine, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SC Johnson (Racine, WI) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview was very clear, concise, and straight to the point. I was fortunate to have been recommend by a current employee, therefore I got the sense that my superior was already aware of strengths and weaknesses. Questions focused on my previous experience and what types of work I feel comfortable doing.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths and how will in make you day-to-day tasks easier?   1 Answer

Associate Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SC Johnson in April 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter, the recruiter did most of the facilitating. The process was long since the position was a global position and the stakeholders were on different continents. The people conducting the interviews were easy to talk to and asked relevant questions. The only bad thing I have to say is that the recruiter knew I wasn't particularly interested, so he told me a salary range beyond what was offered.

Interview Questions

• They ask about interests outside of work to get a feel of you as a person. This seemed odd at first, but it makes sense given they are focusing on attracting the right kind of people (friendly/outgoing).   Answer Question

Negotiation

The offer was fair, so there was little need for negotiating. I did request more vacation time (based on my current vacation allowance), to which they obliged.

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Racine, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at SC Johnson (Racine, WI) in April 2015.

Interview

Gave an hour long seminar, behavioral interview- before the in person there were several phone interviews and a video interview. The in person interview was narrowed down to two- myself and another individual

Interview Questions

• If you had $1, how is that dollar allocated during product development   1 Answer

Brand Management Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at SC Johnson in March 2015.

Interview

Contacted within a week -- had two interviews; one with HR, the other with two current managers/directors at the company. Behavioral questions, sometimes would ask about my interests and background.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when...
      Questions about working on a team; dealing with ambiguity; etc.
      Answer Question

Business Services Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Racine, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SC Johnson (Racine, WI) in March 2015.

Interview

Both the Hiring Manager and Human Resources Manager conducted an initial phone screen of about 30 minute each. Called back to come on site and do in-person with same 2 in sessions of an hour each.

Interview Questions

• They use the STAR method where they supply a situation (tell me about a time when you had to make a quick decision). You provide a specific scenario from your experience, describe the task at hand, what actions you took, and what was the result of your actions.   Answer Question

Associate Entomologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Racine, WI

Application

Interview

Initial phone/video interview followed by a full day in person interview. Met with six different people, each individually for about a hour. Questions were mostly pre-determined and behavior-based. Each interviewer had a list of topics they had to discuss and then we were able to ask anything we wanted. Got tour of facilities and met some of the potential co-workers.

Interview Questions

• Explain a change you made to improve your work environment or company.   Answer Question

Senior Associate Toxicologist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SC Johnson.

Interview

This was a full day interview and consisted with meeting an HR representative, 4 senior members of the group, and lunch with an employee currently holding a similar position, followed by giving an oral presentation for the group. Each meeting was approximately 1 hour, as was the presentation. The people were very nice and it was an all-around good experience.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle a situation where a colleague is not contributing their part toward a group project?   Answer Question

Human Resources Position Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SC Johnson.

Interview

Interview process was quick but onsite interview left much to be desired. I was there 6 hours and only spoke with people for 2 hours and 45 minutes. I was kept waiting 45 after my end time for one of my meetings to start. No one asked if this would work with my schedule. Standards say they should have offered a phone interview later in the week with the interviewer who was running late. Operations interviewers were dynamic and made me excited. Leadership interviewer demonstrated outdated ideas of interviewing and exhibited actions to demonstrate his/her authority and position rather than be concerned about me as a candidate. This demonstration was the exact opposite of the team environment they were trying to develop. I decided 15 minutes into my discussion with the final interviewer to withdraw from consideration but wanted to see how the business followed-up, etc. to get a better idea of company integrity. It was as I suspected - not unusual but not good either. As candidates have the freedom to choose where they want to work based on demand, companies that don't own up to bad interview experiences, etc. will continue to lose candidates unless what they can offer is amazing in comparison to the market. S.C. Johnson's offerings are not amazing compared to the market - at least for working in HR at the home office.

Interview Questions

• Still asking the "Where do you see yourself in 5 years" question - organizations change too much in five years for this now to be anything more than a generic attempt to gauge ambition. Better questions exist and this question is beginning to indicate organizations that are out of step with talent.   Answer Question

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SC Johnson in January 2015.

Interview

Formal with STAR format question/answer. There is some probing and an option for interviewers to ask independent questions. Normal the interview is only an hour and done by a panel and it is fairly quick, normally an hour. Check out glassdoor and/or google sales manager interview questions and you'll be in good shape.

Interview Questions

• Describe a tough situation with a customer. How did you work through it? What was the result?   Answer Question