SC Johnson Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SC Johnson Interview Questions

Updated Jan 1, 2018

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at SC Johnson (Madison, WI) in September 2016.

Interview

Spoke to the recruiters at the career fair, they offered me an interview, I was interviewed the next day by two campus recruiters and offered the job soon after. The interview was mostly behavioral.

Research Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SC Johnson.

Interview

Screening phone interview: the interviewer wants to know what you have done in your previous job. He will ask about what you listed in your resume. He will ask you in detail about your work experience, certificates and awards you got. It would be good if you prepare all of it before the interview

Interview Questions

• Can you give me detail about this project you listed in resume ?   Answer Question

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Racine, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SC Johnson (Racine, WI) in March 2016.

Interview

The hiring process was planned and well-organized. Initial phone interview with the hiring manager after which I was invited onsite for a 1:1 interview which lasted for about half a day.
    Onsite interview process was based on STAR type of questions. Also, included a candidate presentation to a group. Did not hear back even after two weeks after interviewing and got a negative response after mailing to find out from the HR.

Talent Acquisition Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Racine, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SC Johnson (Racine, WI) in January 2016.

Interview

Terrible candidate & interview experience! I applied for a TA Manager role back in January of 2016, and within 2 days was contacted via email by one of the company's RPO recruiters (A.R.) We set up a time to talk. I completed the phone interview, and was told by the recruiter that he would follow up with me within a week. I never heard from him, nor anyone at SC Johnson, again. Very disappointed and surprised. I followed up three times with the Recruiter who never responded, then also with two others within the Talent Acquisition Dept. for an update. No response. What a complete waste of time. It's very important for a company to realize how damaging this type of candidate treatment really is. It hurts your brand.

Senior Associate- Mechanical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Racine, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at SC Johnson (Racine, WI) in January 2016.

Interview

Contacted by corporate recruiter. After two phone interviews, I was invited on-site for a third interview. Interviewed with three groups of people. One person was a no-show, and his group wasn't aware that he was actually scheduled to travel for business that day.

Interview itself was painless. I was told that decision would be made "in a couple of weeks." Three weeks later, I followed up to check on the status. After a total of six weeks from the date of the interview, there is still no response to my follow-up email.

All in all, I think it's safe to say that I won't receive an offer. I do think though that not responding to a follow-up email is pretty rude, and I won't accept an offer from them at any point, no matter how far my career has progressed.

Interview Questions

• STAR type questions. One hint, if you're interviewing for an engineering position- they don't seem to care about your technical expertise, so showing a portfolio, or demonstrating past work, is unnecessary, and seemingly detrimental to your chances of receiving an offer. Just answer the behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Brand Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at SC Johnson (Ann Arbor, MI).

Interview

Applied through my school website with my resume and cover letter. Then had a 30 minute in person interview. There were 2 interviewers: good cop and bad cop. I felt very uncomfortable the whole time and felt like they were trying to trick me with their questions. They asked for different examples of many questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to make a decision without all the necessary data.   Answer Question

Senior Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SC Johnson.

Interview

Everyone I interacted with was incredibly friendly and helpful. The interviewers were genuinely interested in finding a good match for the team. I spent a full 8am-4pm day there, including giving a seminar and going on a tour.

R&D Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SC Johnson (Nashville, TN) in November 2015.

Interview

Interviewed at a conference. Gave them my resume, and I received a message that night offering an interview the next day. I interviewed on a Friday and received the offer that following Monday.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SC Johnson (Houston, TX).

Interview

I was hired through a job fair. Interview process was two interviews that were specific to the role. It involved 1 on 1 sessions. Questions were around brand management and marketing.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my strengths and weaknesses. How I worked in teams.   Answer Question

Research and Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at SC Johnson (Ann Arbor, MI) in October 2015.

Interview

Talked to them at career fair, had an in person interview. They asked mainly behavioral questions, no technical questions really outside of what classes I was taking and what I would have taken by the start of the position. They allowed me to ask about the internship and about how they liked working for the company, overall it was an average interview.

Interview Questions

• Recall a time where you had a disagreement working in a team   Answer Question