SCANA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SCANA Interview Questions

Updated Sep 29, 2017

2.5

21 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SCANA.

Interview

The interview was a panel of 3 including a Supervisor and Manager that lasted approx. 1 hour. After the interview, it took a month or more to get an offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell us how your background, skills, and experience relate to job as described.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SCANA.

Interview

It was wa phone interview and it was very layed back. I have an interview soon on site and I will come back and let you guys know how that goes.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you had to work in a group to accomplish a task.   1 Answer

I&C Maintenance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jenkinsville, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at SCANA (Jenkinsville, SC).

Interview

Must pass the MASS to move on to an interview. They will immediately grade your test and give you the results. The interview lasted around 1 hour with 4 members asking questions. There were 2 supervisors and 2 technicians in the interview. They each asked a few questions, some of which I've listed below, and then allowed me to ask questions. It was a relaxed setting.

Interview Questions

• Discuss a particular achievement that you were recognized for?
      Why would you be a good fit for this job?
      How do you help maintain a safe environment when working?
      Describe a particular repair or troubleshooting effort that you were a part of.   Answer Question

Engineer III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jenkinsville, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at SCANA (Jenkinsville, SC).

Interview

Months after applying, I was invited for an interview. A couple of months after that, they made an offer. I thought this meant another candidate was selected (and declined) before me. I found out later I was the first choice. The wheels can turn slow at a public utility.

Interview Questions

• The questions were very skill (engineering) specific (e.g., what codes/standards I am familiar with, what kind of projects I had worked on, etc.).   1 Answer

Negotiation

Salary was not negotiable (I tried). But I was able to negotiate a sign-on bonus and additional PTO (their policy is to start everyone with 3 weeks PTO no matter how experienced you are). I almost didn't accept because of the salary. I was "promised" unspecified and significant increases in my first two years. I accepted assuming the promises of significant salary increases would not be kept (I've heard this before). But much to my surprise, my salary went up 23% by the second year (presumably to increase in smaller, more reasonable increases annually from now on). I think the promise was only made (and kept) because I was serious about leaving the table over the non-negotiable salary that was not commensurate with my education and experience.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jenkinsville, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SCANA (Jenkinsville, SC).

Interview

Typical 4-panel group interview with your typical 6-8 questions where you are given a scenario and and asked to describe how u would handle it and to give a example

Interview Questions

• Tell me/us about a time when you were given an assignment and you didn’t feel confident you had the knowledge needed to complete the task. What did you do?   Answer Question

Gas Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SCANA (Columbia, SC) in February 2015.

Interview

Phone Interview first and then, if selected, a Sit Down Face to Face interview with 3 person panel. Each member of the panel asked a question and as I would answer the question, each member of the panel would all write down on the score sheets. I'm assuming they are scoring my answer. They make you feel right at home and very comfortable.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SCANA.

Interview

I quickly applied for an internship position, not expecting to even get a call back. However, I received an email within a week informing that I had been selected for a phone interview. The phone interview including myself and two others, but was very laid back, questions about my background of skills were asked. Once I made it through the phone interview I was offered an in person interview where I would also be given a programming aptitude test. The in person interview consisted of getting to know one other, my resume, and basically why I deserved the position. Overall, SCANA is very persistent and the people are very kind.

Interview Questions

• The programming aptitude test was a bit difficult, but not because of the question difficulty, but because I had never taken one before and I was extremely nervous that I wouldn't pass. It was also timed which added some pressure.   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was an internship offering $19 an hour, which was more money than I had ever made or expected to make at an internship, so I did not negotiate.

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at SCANA in June 2014.

Interview

The interview process consisted of multiple interviews with the staffing agency and an extensive one with the company (2-3 hours). The interview tests consisted of spelling, grammar, and an essay in addition to 2 panel interviews at the company and 1:1 at the staffing agency.If offered the position as a contractor there is a 6 month training and probation period. There is over 3 months of classroom training and about 2 1/2 months of your actual job duties.

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking for another position?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at SCANA in February 2014.

Interview

Panel interview with a bunch of experts from different offices. They asked a lot about my background and wanted to get to know me. Very typical interview with the typical "so tell me about a time when.."

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I don't think it was really negotiable. I didn't really try though seeing it was going to be my first engineering internship.

Equipment Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at SCANA (Charlotte, NC) in February 2014.

Interview

it was more about what I like to do on my spare time and also was I athletic and at the time I was doin flag football so my answer was yes

Interview Questions

• Can I walk for hours every day   Answer Question
    • if I was available to work 40+ hours a week and some Saturdays if needed   1 Answer