SCANA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SCANA Interview Questions

Updated Feb 24, 2017

2.6

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SCANA.

Interview

It was wa phone interview and it was very layed back. I have an interview soon on site and I will come back and let you guys know how that goes.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you had to work in a group to accomplish a task.   1 Answer

Workstation Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cayce, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SCANA (Cayce, SC) in March 2013.

Interview

My interview process was done over the phone, but there are also in-person interviews conducted as well. You interview with your potential team members and management. The interview questions were behavioral and competency-based, but some teams may require case questions.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time when you set a goal, and were able to achieve it. Tell me about your weakness. Tell me about a time when you've had to balance.

Questions as those above are what you can expect, depending on the team you're with.
      Answer Question

Customer Relations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cayce, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SCANA (Cayce, SC) in June 2011.

Interview

There are normally 3 interviews, first is over the phone where you will be asked to describe your background, next will be with 2 Supervisors and you will need to explain successfully what you can contribute to the company, last is the call cente4 manager and HR. There is also a very thorough background investigation, be sure to remain open and honest on your resume and any information that cannot be verified will disqualify you for the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had difficulty adapting to a change in your work environment, what did you do and what was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • If I were to ask your previous supervisor what your weaknesses are, what would they tell me?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to explain a complicated change in a policy to a customer, what was the outcome?   1 Answer

Software Developer Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cayce, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at SCANA (Cayce, SC) in January 2014.

Interview

The interview process was fairly regular. I had a phone interview with someone in HR after submitting my application. Shortly after the application was processed, I received a call from a lady in HR asking me a few generic questions about life/handling problems etc. After my phone interview, I received an in-person interview where I was asked a series of questions that were read off of a piece of paper which was standard for internships. These questions only related to life, handling situations etc and were not technical by any means.

Interview Questions

• Describe one time where you did a job that was not yours in order to help someone else succeed.   1 Answer

Engineer III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jenkinsville, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at SCANA (Jenkinsville, SC).

Interview

Months after applying, I was invited for an interview. A couple of months after that, they made an offer. I thought this meant another candidate was selected (and declined) before me. I found out later I was the first choice. The wheels can turn slow at a public utility.

Interview Questions

• The questions were very skill (engineering) specific (e.g., what codes/standards I am familiar with, what kind of projects I had worked on, etc.).   1 Answer

Negotiation

Salary was not negotiable (I tried). But I was able to negotiate a sign-on bonus and additional PTO (their policy is to start everyone with 3 weeks PTO no matter how experienced you are). I almost didn't accept because of the salary. I was "promised" unspecified and significant increases in my first two years. I accepted assuming the promises of significant salary increases would not be kept (I've heard this before). But much to my surprise, my salary went up 23% by the second year (presumably to increase in smaller, more reasonable increases annually from now on). I think the promise was only made (and kept) because I was serious about leaving the table over the non-negotiable salary that was not commensurate with my education and experience.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jenkinsville, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SCANA (Jenkinsville, SC).

Interview

Typical 4-panel group interview with your typical 6-8 questions where you are given a scenario and and asked to describe how u would handle it and to give a example

Interview Questions

• Tell me/us about a time when you were given an assignment and you didn’t feel confident you had the knowledge needed to complete the task. What did you do?   Answer Question

Gas Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SCANA (Columbia, SC) in February 2015.

Interview

Phone Interview first and then, if selected, a Sit Down Face to Face interview with 3 person panel. Each member of the panel asked a question and as I would answer the question, each member of the panel would all write down on the score sheets. I'm assuming they are scoring my answer. They make you feel right at home and very comfortable.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at SCANA in June 2014.

Interview

The interview process consisted of multiple interviews with the staffing agency and an extensive one with the company (2-3 hours). The interview tests consisted of spelling, grammar, and an essay in addition to 2 panel interviews at the company and 1:1 at the staffing agency.If offered the position as a contractor there is a 6 month training and probation period. There is over 3 months of classroom training and about 2 1/2 months of your actual job duties.

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking for another position?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at SCANA in February 2014.

Interview

Panel interview with a bunch of experts from different offices. They asked a lot about my background and wanted to get to know me. Very typical interview with the typical "so tell me about a time when.."

Interview Questions

• There weren't any difficult questions that I remember.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I don't think it was really negotiable. I didn't really try though seeing it was going to be my first engineering internship.

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SCANA in April 2012.

Interview

I first applied online in early january, and didn't hear back until March. Their HR department is very slow, and things take a while to get approved in HR. I had an initial phone interview, after which I was invited back for an in person interview. It was a 3 person panel, where they posed behavioral type questions to me. Pretty standard, nothing too difficult or out of the ordinary.

Interview Questions

• There were not really any unexpected questions. Pretty standard. Just be prepared to explain your resume.   Answer Question