SCC Interview Questions in Birmingham, England | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 19, 2017

2.7

Senior Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at SCC (Birmingham, England (UK)) in July 2016.

Interview

Initial call with lead internal recruiter (the person who headhunted me).
    Then had a face-to-face with the recruiter which was straightforward before meeting with a board director for final interview several weeks later.
    Received feedback soon after final meeting that I was "perfect" for the role and "head & shoulders" above competition but due to the sensitivity of role it would take a couple of weeks to come back with further steps.
    Never heard anything again, despite asking for feedback and even if the role still existed. Extremely unprofessional considering the level they were recruiting at. Assume they were just fishing to measure their own employees against.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult. The role was a leadership position so lots about previous experience, similar challenges etc. All straightforward   Answer Question

Solutions Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SCC (Birmingham, England (UK)) in February 2016.

Interview

I had to wait 10-15 minutes before I was called. The Interview was conducted by one Technical and one HR person. I expected the technical interviewer to be more rigourous in their questioning, instead found the HR interviewer was a little harsh in their tone of questioning. See example below.

Interview Questions

• If you want to become a Solutions Architect, why aren't you on the path to it already, its your career!   1 Answer

Aug 11, 2016 – SCC

Thank you for your review. We're sorry there was a slight delay at interview but we're pleased that the process only took 1 day in total.

First Line Helpdesk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SCC (Birmingham, England (UK)) in December 2015.

Interview

First time they got my interview time wrong. They sent me an email saying 11AM, and when I got there they had the nerve to send me back home and asked me to come back at 3PM.

I left without intending to ever come back, but they insisted with emails and phone calls so I went to an interview after all. The interview was perfect, but later they simply called and let me know that they decided to rotate staff from other locations so they won't be hiring anymore. So basically, about 2 weeks of trips, emails and phone calls for nothing.

This is beyond my understanding. We are all expected to be dressed properly and if we're 2 minutes late we fail the interview straight away, but they have the right to just tell you to go home and come back whenever they want?

Avoid SCC at all costs. Nothing but time wasters.

Interview Questions

SCC Response

Aug 11, 2016 – SCC

Thank you for your review. It's understandable that you are unhappy which may be the reason you've left one or two key details out of your review, including, among other things, the expenses ... More

Business Development Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at SCC (Birmingham, England (UK)) in September 2015.

Interview

It was an interview with an internal recruiter which was relatively straight forward over the phone and then with the same internal recruiter and a hiring manager, which again was straight forward. No where near as much process as interviews at other companies and very quick offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a sales process that you've conducted before.   Answer Question

Technical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SCC (Birmingham, England (UK)) in January 2015.

Interview

Meet with recruiter to see if your face fits and where they can fit you in. There does seem to be a habit of fitting you in to a different role that pays a bit less than the one advertised. However, the recruiters primary function is to assess the minimum figure they can put on your offer letter.

If you get past this stage you'll get an interview with a lead from the department you are to work in. If you get an offer based on this minimum hold out for a better deal. :)

Beware that the recruiter does not work on the shop floor, so have little knowledge of the actual position and will up-sell SCC to a level that, if recorded, could probably used in a lawsuit for false advertising. My recruiter promised training and opportunities that simply didn't exist when I started.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for SCC...?   1 Answer

Aug 11, 2016 – SCC

Thank you for your review & welcome to SCC. The role of the HR interview is to ensure that candidates are a good fit both with the technical element of roles advertised and the culture of the ... More

Customer Services Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SCC (Birmingham, England (UK)) in October 2014.

Interview

I attended 2 interviews, both in Cole Valley Birmingham. The first interview was with an internal recruiter, a pointless waste of time as the questions that were asked could have been made via the agency or over the phone. It felt very much like this person was just going through the motions, a typical 'screening' interview.

The second interview was more of the same, but with one or two searching questions this time. I was left with the impression that they didn't really care who they hired and were desperate for staff. I was told at both stages that SCC can be a 'difficult' place to work and I would be expected to find my own feet with little training. Once again the interview was far too easy from my experience of interviews (Ive had a few) This made me realise that something is probably wrong with staff retention and recruitment in this company.

It was obvious that both interviewers didn't seem to like being asked more than a couple of questions, this was a major red flag.

In summary I was left with a cold feeling, the place itself was depressing and the people I met seemed depressed as well (apart from the receptionist who seemed to be the only friendly / happy person I met!) Also the offices my interviews were held in were in a really poor state, it was obvious that working conditions are not great at SCC either.

I was asked back for a 3rd and final interview, by this time I had seen enough to realise that it would most likely not be the best career move and so I declined.

Marketing Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SCC (Birmingham, England (UK)) in October 2014.

Interview

The interview was a two stage process; one with the Marketing Director and Senior Marketing Manager and the other with the Internal Recruitment Manager. The first interview was more relaxed and the initial questions I was asked instantly put me at ease. I got the impression that they wanted to know more about me than my previous employment history. However the interview with the Recruitment Manager was more in-depth. He went through my previous roles step by step, asking lots of detailed questions, and wanted to find out what I’d bring to the role and whether I’d fit in with the work culture.

Interview Questions

• Unexpected question - How would your husband describe you?   Answer Question

Marketing Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at SCC (Birmingham, England (UK)) in September 2014.

Interview

The job was posted on a recruitment website and therefore initial comms was done through an agent.
    The agency were very helpful and got in touch with me the day after my application.
    My first interview was held shortly after that.
    After my first interview (which I thought went well and was told I would get an answer within 2 days) I had to wait 2+ weeks to find out that I had a second interview but not for the job I had originally applied for (because this had already be taken). I wasn't told at any point during that period that the original job had gone which was a little disappointing.
    After my second interview and HR interview however communication was much better and I was told I got the job on the Thursday after my interview Tuesday morning.
    I had to write a 400 word statement on why I wanted the job after my interview during this time.

Interview Questions

• What was the last creative thing I did?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There wasn't really much of a negotiation. I asked for slightly more money because I had just received a pay rise at my previous employer but it was declined.
    I accepted the position anyway because I wanted the experience.

Solution Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SCC (Birmingham, England (UK)) in April 2014.

Interview

Send application and wait 2 - 3 months to be asked to attend an interview in Sparkhill, Birmingham. Interview itself doesnt last long, they expect you to want to work for them and will have an internal recruiter run the entire interview (dont expect the hiring manager to say much and dont expect any technical questions as the hiring mager isnt technical either).

Interview Questions

• SCC has a staff retention problem and will want to work hard to understand your reasons for having more than one job in your entire career...   1 Answer

Technical Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at SCC (Birmingham, England (UK)) in March 2013.

Interview

Met with recruiter first for a 30 minute chat, then in the same visit, the Senior Manager for the role in question came for another 30 minute chat, which was slightly more technical, but nothing in depth. Was a pretty relaxed atmosphere overall. Got called back for a second interview with a Technical person which again was very relaxed.

Interview Questions

• Describe your synergy with the role for which you're applying?   Answer Question

Aug 11, 2016 – SCC

Thank you for your review & welcome to SCC.