SCC Interview Questions in Birmingham, England | Glassdoor

2.9

15 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at SCC (Birmingham, England (UK)).

Interview

Face to face interview with HR director and Head of project management. Then presentation to team leader of scenario prepared by SCC. Further 1:1 interview with another senior Project Manager

Interview Questions

• If a client is unhappy with delivery dates that you have advised what can you do to satisfy the customer, i.e. bring timescales forward   1 Answer

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SCC (Birmingham, England (UK)) in April 2017.

Interview

Two stage interview process, first with the recruiter and the second with the line manger. Mixture of competency, knowledge and behavioural questions plus examination of CV's including any gaps etc.

Interview Questions

• How would you team describe you?   1 Answer

Senior Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at SCC (Birmingham, England (UK)) in July 2016.

Interview

Initial call with lead internal recruiter (the person who headhunted me).
    Then had a face-to-face with the recruiter which was straightforward before meeting with a board director for final interview several weeks later.
    Received feedback soon after final meeting that I was "perfect" for the role and "head & shoulders" above competition but due to the sensitivity of role it would take a couple of weeks to come back with further steps.
    Never heard anything again, despite asking for feedback and even if the role still existed. Extremely unprofessional considering the level they were recruiting at. Assume they were just fishing to measure their own employees against.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult. The role was a leadership position so lots about previous experience, similar challenges etc. All straightforward   Answer Question

Technical Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at SCC (Birmingham, England (UK)) in June 2016.

Interview

Applied via a recruiter. 1. Screening with recruiter and company. 2. F2F interview with Recruiting manager and a technical person. 2 hours in total

The recruiting manager knew her stuff even though she was not technical. Clearly was someone who knew a lot about her company and what to look for. Was disorganised though, was made to wait a lot and the person to technically interview me wasn't in so they got someone else.

Bad process in my opinion. Shame really cause the recruiting manager was very good.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have with major incidents?   1 Answer

Solutions Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SCC (Birmingham, England (UK)) in February 2016.

Interview

I had to wait 10-15 minutes before I was called. The Interview was conducted by one Technical and one HR person. I expected the technical interviewer to be more rigourous in their questioning, instead found the HR interviewer was a little harsh in their tone of questioning. See example below.

Interview Questions

• If you want to become a Solutions Architect, why aren't you on the path to it already, its your career!   1 Answer

Aug 11, 2016 – SCC

Thank you for your review.

We're sorry there was a slight delay at interview but we're pleased that the process only took 1 day in total.

First Line Helpdesk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SCC (Birmingham, England (UK)) in December 2015.

Interview

First time they got my interview time wrong. They sent me an email saying 11AM, and when I got there they had the nerve to send me back home and asked me to come back at 3PM.

I left without intending to ever come back, but they insisted with emails and phone calls so I went to an interview after all. The interview was perfect, but later they simply called and let me know that they decided to rotate staff from other locations so they won't be hiring anymore. So basically, about 2 weeks of trips, emails and phone calls for nothing.

This is beyond my understanding. We are all expected to be dressed properly and if we're 2 minutes late we fail the interview straight away, but they have the right to just tell you to go home and come back whenever they want?

Avoid SCC at all costs. Nothing but time wasters.

Interview Questions

SCC Response

Aug 11, 2016 – SCC

Thank you for your review.

It's understandable that you are unhappy which may be the reason you've left one or two key details out of your review, including, among other things, the expenses... More

Business Development Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at SCC (Birmingham, England (UK)) in September 2015.

Interview

It was an interview with an internal recruiter which was relatively straight forward over the phone and then with the same internal recruiter and a hiring manager, which again was straight forward. No where near as much process as interviews at other companies and very quick offer.

Technical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SCC (Birmingham, England (UK)) in January 2015.

Interview

Meet with recruiter to see if your face fits and where they can fit you in. There does seem to be a habit of fitting you in to a different role that pays a bit less than the one advertised. However, the recruiters primary function is to assess the minimum figure they can put on your offer letter.

If you get past this stage you'll get an interview with a lead from the department you are to work in. If you get an offer based on this minimum hold out for a better deal. :)

Beware that the recruiter does not work on the shop floor, so have little knowledge of the actual position and will up-sell SCC to a level that, if recorded, could probably used in a lawsuit for false advertising. My recruiter promised training and opportunities that simply didn't exist when I started.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for SCC...?   1 Answer

Aug 11, 2016 – SCC

Thank you for your review & welcome to SCC.

The role of the HR interview is to ensure that candidates are a good fit both with the technical element of roles advertised and the culture of the... More

Customer Services Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SCC (Birmingham, England (UK)) in October 2014.

Interview

I attended 2 interviews, both in Cole Valley Birmingham. The first interview was with an internal recruiter, a pointless waste of time as the questions that were asked could have been made via the agency or over the phone. It felt very much like this person was just going through the motions, a typical 'screening' interview.

The second interview was more of the same, but with one or two searching questions this time. I was left with the impression that they didn't really care who they hired and were desperate for staff. I was told at both stages that SCC can be a 'difficult' place to work and I would be expected to find my own feet with little training. Once again the interview was far too easy from my experience of interviews (Ive had a few) This made me realise that something is probably wrong with staff retention and recruitment in this company.

It was obvious that both interviewers didn't seem to like being asked more than a couple of questions, this was a major red flag.

In summary I was left with a cold feeling, the place itself was depressing and the people I met seemed depressed as well (apart from the receptionist who seemed to be the only friendly / happy person I met!) Also the offices my interviews were held in were in a really poor state, it was obvious that working conditions are not great at SCC either.

I was asked back for a 3rd and final interview, by this time I had seen enough to realise that it would most likely not be the best career move and so I declined.

Marketing Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SCC (Birmingham, England (UK)) in October 2014.

Interview

The interview was a two stage process; one with the Marketing Director and Senior Marketing Manager and the other with the Internal Recruitment Manager. The first interview was more relaxed and the initial questions I was asked instantly put me at ease. I got the impression that they wanted to know more about me than my previous employment history. However the interview with the Recruitment Manager was more in-depth. He went through my previous roles step by step, asking lots of detailed questions, and wanted to find out what I’d bring to the role and whether I’d fit in with the work culture.

Interview Questions

• Unexpected question - How would your husband describe you?   Answer Question