SCE Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SCE Interview Questions

Interviews at SCE

3.4

Contract Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at SCE.

Interview

Phone Interview was brief and consisted of questions about why I applied for the job and how my previous experience was relevant to the job duties. Also was asked why I wanted to work for the company.

Interview Questions

• Please describe a situation when you had to manage the expectations of a customer when they were not met and how, if so, you managed to resolve the issue?   Answer Question

Senior Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SCE.

Interview

Panel of three alternating reading scripted questions - same questions for every applicant. Lots of note taking, answer is graded relative to job description/expectations. Must relate to a specific example in your career/life.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time one of your coworkers wasn't pulling his weight, what you did and what the results were.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I asked for additional vacation above the standard two weeks as I had 15 years experience in the industry.

Project Manager Interview

Interview

website is cumbersome to get through.Slow to respond on whether you were selected for interview or not. Once you got through, setting up an interview was easy and interviewers were friendly.

Financial Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rosemead, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at SCE (Rosemead, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

The hiring process was fairly simple. A lot of behavior questions with some experience and technical questions. Two rounds of interviews and a phone screen with recruiter. The first round of the interview was a panel with the hiring manager and two others. The second was a one on one with hiring manager's boss. The total time frame from beginning to end was roughly about 5 weeks.

Interview Questions

• what makes you a good financial analyst?   1 Answer

Office Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SCE.

Interview

dimensional interview process (google it).1. Why should we hire you?

This is the quintessential question that deserves a great answer. If the candidate can show you without a doubt that he or she must be sitting in that vacant chair come Monday morning, then the query has done its job.

2. How would you spend your first day of work here?

More than likely the candidate has played out this scenario in their head. This is their chance to show you how they would hit the ground running, and why they are a great cultural fit.

3. If you could have chosen another career, what would it be and why?

This question sounds arbitrary, but in reality it helps build a three-dimensional view of the candidate. More often than not the answer will be truly surprising and the exact opposite of what they’re doing (or would like to be doing) currently.

4. How do you define success?

Success may be something as small as getting a nod of approval from the boss or fixing the copy machine. But some people will tell you they have much bigger ideas of success. If you’re looking for a very ambitious person, or your organization has a specific definition of success, the answer to this will play an important role in your decision.

5. If you caught your boss doing something illegal, what would you do?

Yes, this question is sneaky and dangerous, but it will divulge a lot about your candidate – including their views on loyalty, trust, honesty, business ethics and responsibility.

Interview Questions

• 6. If you could be any superhero, who would it be and why?

This question not only acts as an icebreaker, but also gives you perspective on the candidate’s innermost aspirations – and a sense of how far they are willing to dream – even if it is only a fantasy.

7. Tell me an appropriate joke.

A well-known financial investment firm uses this question in their interviews, mainly because it’s great for sales reps and always puts people at ease. It can also help employers determine if the potential employee has a similar sense of humor – a great indicator of a lasting partnership   Answer Question

Power Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SCE (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

Totally about 2 month application and interview procedure (2 rounds interview)