SCL Health Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SCL Health Interview Questions

Updated Mar 20, 2017

2.8

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at SCL Health.

Interview

Initially things happened quickly and I proceeded from recruiter screening interview to an interview with the hiring manager to an in-person interview. The in-person interview was an all-day process in which I met with roughly 12 different people at various levels of the organization. I was then told that I needed to perform an exercise to show that I could do the job they wanted and I would receive follow up contact to schedule that. I did not hear anything after that. It was just very unprofessional to go from progressing quickly through all steps to then hearing nothing at all with zero contact. To me this is a red flag about the organization. If this is how they treat people that are potential employees, I wonder how well they treat their employees.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions. How do you handle conflict? What are your weaknesses?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SCL Health.

Interview

I applied online and received a request from the recruiter for a phone interview within a few business days. The phone interview went well, and I moved into the second stage. The second phone interview was with the actual hiring manager. This also went well and I was asked to come in for a final in-person interview.
    The final interview consisted of meeting with two groups: managers and prospective team members. I left feeling good about the interview but still unclear on what exactly they were looking for. The hiring manager stated they would follow up in 6 weeks on candidate status post interview and stated that they always let candidates know their status and don't leave candidates wondering.
    After 6 weeks, I received zero updates. A few days post "deadline" I e-mailed the recruiter and was informed that I was not selected. The lack of follow up was disappointing especially since it was insisted that they do not leave candidates hanging.
    While the interviews were about average the lack of follow-up from the hiring manager and/or recruiter turned this into a negative experience.

Interview Questions

• What makes you a good fit for this position?
      Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      What would you do in xyz situation?
      Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Broomfield, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at SCL Health (Broomfield, CO) in August 2016.

Interview

Highly disappointing! I was a finalist for a role (after a few rounds of phone and in person interviews), the manager had been very personable with me. When things turned over to the recruiter she did a terrible job. She never provided updates, and when I checked in a couple of times (over a couple of months) she was slow to respond, with little information. If you're going to put someone through the full process, at least have the decency to let them know in a timely manner if they aren't selected. When you drag people on with vague descriptions it creates a very negative candidate experience. If they had eventually come through with an offer I likely wouldn't have taken it. Luckily I found a great role elsewhere.

Interview Questions

• typical behavioral questions... tell me about a time when you had to deal with conflict, tell someone something they didn't want to hear, lead a group, etc...   Answer Question

CNA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arvada, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SCL Health (Arvada, CO).

Interview

I interviewed for Colorado Lutheran Home. They give you a tour of facility and then 2 people sat with me and allowed for questions. The process to apply and get hired was drawn out and long. Actually reached out to references and are thorough in background check with even checking with your highschool and other colleges for info on you.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

If you have medical experience it will count as more

Phlebotomy Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at SCL Health in October 2015.

Interview

Applied online in the morning... Visited hr later that morning... Received an email that afternoon... Will have a telephone interview next week. Look forward to an in depth, nuts and bolts interview.

Clinical Nurse Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at SCL Health (Denver, CO) in October 2015.

Interview

One interview its director, managers and coordinators on strengths weaknesses. Desire and abilities. What could I bring to the position. How would I change things about the department. How I supported senior leadership and inspired employees.

Interview Questions

• What can I bring to the organization?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Do your homework on comparable wages. Had to negotiate for fair and equitable compensation according to the market in the area. Overall experience was average

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Broomfield, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at SCL Health (Broomfield, CO) in August 2015.

Interview

Met with two people; very nice and professional. More laid back than expected, but they asked very good questions and answered mine without hesitation. Most of the interview was a very detailed account of the position for which I was applying though each interviewer had a different spin on the role (one was a manager, the other non-manager). They interviewed three candidates in one day and made their decision within 24 hours. Although I was not selected due to lack of calendaring experience, I would be interested in another position within the company.

HR Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Broomfield, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at SCL Health (Broomfield, CO) in August 2015.

Interview

I had a phone screening with the recruiter and then had a face to face interview with the hiring manager. I also met the team during my face to face interview and for part of it I shadowed the lead to get a feel for the role. After that I waited a couple days and received an offer.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SCL Health.

Interview

You apply online. The recruiter called with some questions. She was very upbeat and helpful. She explained the process to me. The interview was scheduled very quickly. I knew exactly where to go and who I was meeting with. During the interview I received information about what the job entailed. Those interviewing were also friendly and informative. They helped me feel comfortable and confident. They asked good questions that helped them get to know me, my skills, and my ways of handling situations. They got back to me in a timely manner!

Interview Questions

• It can take time to get all the necessary clearances to hire the candidate. What would you do to help the process?   1 Answer

Applications Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SCL Health (Denver, CO) in June 2015.

Interview

Had the phone interview, and felt it went well. Was told I would hear back within the week, seemed like a positive fit. Was told my qualifications were a good fit even though I lacked one of the "nice-to-haves". Later learned I'd been out of the running because of my qualifications not being an exact fit. The HR department takes the "screening for exact fit" a little too seriously, and is probably screening out the best candidates for the job.

Interview Questions

• Describe a success at work   1 Answer