SCO Family of Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 2, 2018

2.4

Art Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Briarwood, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at SCO Family of Services (Briarwood, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

The principal interviewed me on phone, then contacted me a second time for the same interview. I came for interview, was showed campus and art room then sat in a room and helped students in a TA capacity. Then had a panel interview and was asked to do demo next day. This process was almost two entire days. When following up with principal a month later to see if she had reached a decision, she was vague and told me that she was asking the children who they liked the best. Her assistant followed up with some weird questions. It took them a long time to follow up with my references, I had to give assistant phone numbers to call after filling out on line.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever sexually abused children?   1 Answer
    • Are you willing to restrain a child?   1 Answer

Interviewee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brentwood, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SCO Family of Services (Brentwood, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

Easy, and basic background information was asked about yourself and prior work exoerience. Usually done in a group, but I had a one to one with the assistant director and supervisor. The interviews were no more than 10 minutes each. The job requirements were discussed as well as salary and benefits.

Interview Questions

• what made you want to work with behavioral children or children in foster care?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Queens Village, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SCO Family of Services (Queens Village, NY).

Interview

Took a long time to get back to me about coming in for an interview. Everyone was all over the place. They like to do a lot of group interviews. So be prepared for that process.

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase. I was like, "this is what I have and would you like it."

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SCO Family of Services (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

They did a group interview with about 18 to 20 people. The position was in the Bronx, but the interview was held in Queens. They were interviewing for multiple positions. You had to sell yourself in a room full of people.

Anonymous Employee in Jamaica, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SCO Family of Services (Jamaica, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

It was an easy going process however after being offered the job i was then asked about my background. I was already given orientation dates and a start date until I was truthful about my background which included a petty incident from 7 years ago. They told me not to attend the dates they gave me and said they would be in contact. They are very nice. She said I had nothing to worry about, I just hope it is true and and they contact me soon.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply for your position?   2 Answers

Case Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SCO Family of Services (New York, NY) in August 2011.

Interview

You will meet with the Supervisor and/or Director in the department of which you applied for. They will ask you form of questions on a paper that was already prepared by HR.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for SCO Family of Services?
      What can you bring to the table?   Answer Question

Case Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at SCO Family of Services (New York, NY) in July 2014.

Interview

applied online and submitted application. first did a group interview with director and supervisor as well as with one other candidate. i answered questions second in order to hear what the other candidate said and presented a better answer. then completed a written essay. got called for a second interview with director and supervisor was asked a couple questions then was hired on the spot

Case Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at SCO Family of Services (Brooklyn, NY).

Interview

They hire out of desperation because of the revolving door. People don't stay long term in case work. They make promises they know they can't keep during the hiring process. They do not hire based on credentials.

Interview Questions

• Why wouldn't you invest in the case work when case workers do the most important job with the population we serve?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, just promises [like room to advance to higher pay scales quickly] because they knew the salary was not competitive.

Case Worker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SCO Family of Services.

Interview

They asked about my experience and education, also posed various scenarios and asked about how I would deal with situations. The interview lasted about forty five minutes. Interviewers were very warm and patient in waiting for answers (allowed me to think about scenarios/how I would best respond)

Caseworker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SCO Family of Services.

Interview

Interviewer spoke about the Job duty and what it looks like daily on the job for a caseworker. Went into Depth and I asked questions along the way. It was a group interview that didn't address our individual skills and assets.