SCO Family of Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 19, 2017

2.4

Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jamaica, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SCO Family of Services (Jamaica, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

It was an easy going process however after being offered the job i was then asked about my background. I was already given orientation dates and a start date until I was truthful about my background which included a petty incident from 7 years ago. They told me not to attend the dates they gave me and said they would be in contact. They are very nice. She said I had nothing to worry about, I just hope it is true and and they contact me soon.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply for your position?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at SCO Family of Services.

Interview

Interview process was easy. The process took a little over 1 week and I was given an offer, in which I accepted. The manager was very nice and explained the job description thoroughly. She answered all of my questions w/o hesitation. I'm looking forward to working here.

Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SCO Family of Services (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

They did a group interview with about 18 to 20 people. The position was in the Bronx, but the interview was held in Queens. They were interviewing for multiple positions. You had to sell yourself in a room full of people.

Child Care Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sea Cliff, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at SCO Family of Services (Sea Cliff, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

It was intended to be a group interview, I believe. First you fill out question on a piece of paper and then you meet with a recruiting agent. She asks you about 6 questions and writes down your answer. then I met with a supervisor. This interview lasted about an hour. She gave an extensive summery of the agency and asked me why I want to work here and what I can contribute to the agency.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle conflict with another co worker?   1 Answer

Program Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at SCO Family of Services (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

Group Interview of about 14. No one got a chance to speak besides a brief intro and asking a few questions. Just the interviewer talking about the job. About 5 people left before it was finished (I dont blame them) Tons of paperwork to fill out, that they tell you to bring back in case you get a second interview. A three paragraph essay, and several scenario questions. They said they'll call back in a week or so for a second interview.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have with mentally and behaviorally challenged youth?   Answer Question

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SCO Family of Services (Brooklyn, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

Upon a successful phone interview I was requested to return for an in-person interview. I met with the supervisor and their director. Both asked thoughtful questions and respectfully answered my questions.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to jump in to the role.   1 Answer

Advocate Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SCO Family of Services (Bronx, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

The initial group interview was more of an informational interview. There were about 6 interviewees and two interviewers. We mostly asked them questions about the school and positions instead of answering question about ourselves. At the end of the interview, they they told us to let them know if we were interested and what our base salary was.

Interview Questions

• They asked us to tell them a little about ourselves as you do in most interviews, but that was it. No more questions about our experiences   Answer Question

Caseworker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SCO Family of Services.

Interview

Interviewer spoke about the Job duty and what it looks like daily on the job for a caseworker. Went into Depth and I asked questions along the way. It was a group interview that didn't address our individual skills and assets.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any questions?   1 Answer

Case Worker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SCO Family of Services.

Interview

They asked about my experience and education, also posed various scenarios and asked about how I would deal with situations. The interview lasted about forty five minutes. Interviewers were very warm and patient in waiting for answers (allowed me to think about scenarios/how I would best respond)

Art Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Briarwood, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at SCO Family of Services (Briarwood, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

The principal interviewed me on phone, then contacted me a second time for the same interview. I came for interview, was showed campus and art room then sat in a room and helped students in a TA capacity. Then had a panel interview and was asked to do demo next day. This process was almost two entire days. When following up with principal a month later to see if she had reached a decision, she was vague and told me that she was asking the children who they liked the best. Her assistant followed up with some weird questions. It took them a long time to follow up with my references, I had to give assistant phone numbers to call after filling out on line.