SDL Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at SDL

2.6

Software Development Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SDL (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2019.

Interview

Was very well planned, interviewes at their LA office.Took around 3hrs, one to one interview with 4 of their team members.Questions from past experience/projects, covering system administration , automation testing and some questions related to QA process & possible testcases/test scenarios.

Interview Questions

• Given me a scenario and asked to come up with different test cases to test it   Answer Question
    • How would you download and install an app or something using commandline?   Answer Question

Associate Project Manager () Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at SDL.

Interview

Behaviorial/hypothetical situations to gauge how I would handle certain customer service situations. Questions about management preference and workflow ethics. Their HR teamis terrible and took forever to get back to me about a second interview. I waited to be scheduled, like they said, but then no one ever did.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at SDL in February 2019.

Interview

I got the interview through a campus career fair. The interview asks basic questions that people usually preparers before the interview. For example, introduce yourself, why do you want to work in the localization field, etc. My interviewer is also nice.

Business Development Director Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SDL.

Interview

The recruiter and I had a telephone discussion, which lasted past the planned 30 minute discussion. He was highly competent, well informed, professional and thorough. Mike asked insightful questions and represented SDL exceptionally well. In short, it was an exceptional two-way discussion about SDL, the position and my candidacy. This was the first of several meetings. Great experience.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions... interviewer patiently listened, asked clarifying questions and overall, respectful.   Answer Question

SQL Server Database Administrator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SDL in August 2018.

Interview

Initial screening from recruiter based out at UK
    1st round Technical interview with architect based out at AMSUNDRAM 2nd round with location director last round with HR

Enterprise Sales Director Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SDL in May 2018.

Interview

Was scheduled to have a phone screen from HR. I received an email after I applied within 2 days, I then replied with a few days and times that would work. I didn't hear anything from this individual for almost a week, then finally replied with a day and time the following which did work for me. I was waiting for the phone screen...and kept waiting and waiting. The HR contact never called me for the time that we had scheduled. I followed up with two emails the past week and a half and still no response, no update, no apology for completely wasting my time.

I take this as a b;essing in disguise however and saving me the time with interviewing with a company that already shows complete incompetence. Thanks for not following up HR, I just qualified you and think I'll pass on the position

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at SDL (Denver, CO) in April 2018.

Interview

The initial interview took place on the phone with an internal recruiter who had found me on LinkedIn. The interviewer was knowledgeable and professional. Knew a lot about the company and the industry. Then, I interviewed with the hiring manager. This person was less professional than the recruiter and a bit more curt. My background was not an exact match for the position (niche within industry), though I have a lot of industry-specific experience. The hiring manager seemed to focus on my reply to one question even though seemed happy with my overall experience. This is from feedback I received from the recruiter who seemed a bit frustrated at trying to find the right candidate for this job (we work in a niche industry and it can be challenging to find people with experience in our specific industry). Also, the pay was a bit below what I was looking for.

Interview Questions

• What is a problem that you have encountered on past projects and how did you solve it?   1 Answer

Business Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodridge, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at SDL (Woodridge, IL) in February 2018.

Interview

I applied online. Heard back about setting up a 30 minute interview. I planned it with the head of talent acquisition, which he did not even show up. No email explanation as to why. I had to move around my work schedule. So I emailed about the call and he never said anything. This company is rude, don’t expect them to call when they set up time with you.

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bloom, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at SDL (Bloom, CO).

Interview

You are interviewed with a person from HR who if they like will set you up with the VP. If they like they will fly you out to CO to interview over the course of a week. During that week on a daily basis you will perform tasks and if you do not meet expectations you will be asked to fly back home the day they let you know.

Senior Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SDL in March 2017.

Interview

Talked to the recruiter and got a phone interview with the hiring manager. Great call with the manager and then nothing. Four weeks later and neither the recruiter or hiring manager will respond to let me know either way on the status of future interviews or where the position stands. At least respond either way. Very disappointed and if this is the first impression then working there can't be that great.

Interview Questions

• Really no formal questions asked of my experience, more information on the position from their side.   Answer Question