SDL Project Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SDL Project Manager Interview Questions

Updated Jan 19, 2017

2.8

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at SDL in November 2016.

Interview

The whole hiring process was ill-organized, which is a bit hard for me to associate it with the reputable company I always respected. There were loopholes in almost all hiring phases:

1. On-site Interview:

The major point-of-contact for the on-site interview didn't show up on time, despite the fact that I sent an email as a final confirmation with the exact time of interview on the day before and received a confirmation back.

I waited for the interviewers for more than half an hour outside of the interview room. After the interview, I was asked to complete a 45-minute test right on site, which wasn't even mentioned in the interview notification email I received. This was good enough to indicate a lack of punctuality and respect for the interviewees and their time.

2. After On-site Interview:

A week after the on-site interview, I received an email from SDL, inviting me to take another test and email back the test. I agreed and showed up on time and waited for the test, only to find the test was exactly the same one as what I had taken on-site. This indicates the communication issues between different units.

3. Offer Follow-up and Salary Negotiation:

I had two phone call appointments scheduled with SDL and the person who was expected to call me had missed the time twice, without giving any notifications or explanations, and left me waiting for 40 minutes and 45 minutes. I had to send two email requests as a courtesy to remind the time.

4. Starting date:

Upon receiving the oral offer, I documented and communicated by phone and email with the major point of contact on the starting date I am able to make. The information wasn't clearly conveyed or deliberately ignored. The starting date on the written offer was not made upon discussion or mutual agreement, as there was no follow-up communications between the oral offer and written offer.

Interview Questions

The hiring process of SDL is less professional in many ways. The issues and roadblocks along the way served as a snapshot of the corporate culture and value, as well as the interpersonal relationship in the day-to-day work at SDL. The delay of reply and confirmation from you have helped me rethink about the entire hiring process and I do not think SDL will be a good fit for my personality and my professional pursuit.

Other Interview Reviews for SDL

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Superior, CO

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at SDL (Superior, CO) in December 2011.

Interview

Had initial phone interview, basic questions about the company and background. Then had interview in which I spoke with several team leads one on one over the course of an hour. Asked questions about my project management experience, comfort with multi-tasking, etc.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Superior, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at SDL (Superior, CO) in November 2011.

Interview

This one goes down in history as the most unprofessional treatment of a candidate. WT?

Interview Questions

• Why are you a project manager?   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SDL.

Interview

Two hiring managers asked a series of questions, followed by an Excel test. The interview took 1 hour total.

The post-interview process seemed a little disorganized, and I felt that they interview candidates regularly just to have a pool of people to offer jobs to when the need arises. Once I completed the interview, I heard nothing back from them. I followed up and left a message 2 weeks later, only to get a call back a few weeks after that with a job offer. By then I had found another position, and declined their offer. They emailed me 5 months later with a new offer to be a Project Manager, which I again turned down as I was happy in my current place of employment.

Interview Questions

• For the Excel test, they asked me to do various operations that required knowing the functions pretty well (though no vba was needed). They left the room as I completed the test, and came back 30 minutes later.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at SDL (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in May 2016.

Interview

Processus d'embauche s'est bien déroulé
    L'entreprise est très professionnelle, les employés ont l'air terre-à-terre. Bon environnement de travail
    J'ai eu au moins deux entretiens et j'ai du passer trois tests. Je continue à chercher!

Interview Questions

• Quelle est votre compréhension du poste?
      Quelle est votre attente salariale?
      Quelles sont les choses qui vous attirent le plus dans le poste?...
      Answer Question