SEC Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

SEC Interview Questions in New York City, NY

Enforcement Attorney Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at SEC (New York, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

Submitted my resume via the website. Got a phone call 2 weeks later to set up a phone interview. Person I spoke to was friendly, inquisitive and you could tell he was very much engaged in the conversation. They set up an in person interview for the following week with three other attorneys. Unfortunately they went with someone with more experience.

Interview Questions

• Work experience aside- what part of attending law school had the most impact on your personality and your approach to working?   1 Answer

Summer Honors College Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SEC (New York, NY) in March 2011.

Interview

I applied for the position in January through my Career Center's site, and I got an email for the hiring manager in early March. The manager scheduled a phone interview, which consisted of mostly behavioral questions. After the interview was over, the manager recommended me to come in for an on-site interview. It took a week after the phone interview before I was contacted to come in.

Examiner Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SEC (New York, NY) in April 2009.

Interview

Sat me in the conference room with the person who would be my supervisor and a person who currently holds the same job for which I was applying. Asked some general personality and interest questions to start. Then went through resume and asked me to elaborate on areas that were relevant to reviewing company financial information. The process was fairly painless but this was just a summer job so the stakes for them were relatively low.

Interview Questions

• Explain in detail a case or time you were reviewing a company's financial records.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation