SEI Investments Fund Accountant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SEI Investments Fund Accountant Interview Questions

2.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oaks, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at SEI Investments (Oaks, PA) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied through my University's website, had an on campus interview with an HR person, and was invited to interview at SEI's headquarters. I interviewed with two people, and then a one on one interview with a supervisor. Overall, the interview was not bad and most of the questions were about my resume. The interviewers could have been more enthusiastic.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for SEI Investments

Anonymous Employee in Oaks, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SEI Investments (Oaks, PA) in May 2016.

Interview

Met with 3 teams in the accounting dept, very nice and straightforward people. Made SEI seem like a very good company to work for. One of the cons is that it was a long process and a lot of repeated questions over 2.5 hours.

Fund Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SEI Investments.

Interview

It is a very easy and laid back interview process! I had a phone screening at first and then an in person interview a couple weeks later. The communication with HR can be difficult.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions. Phone interview is behavioral and in person is more job specific.   Answer Question

Fund Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at SEI Investments in October 2015.

Interview

Phone screening, 2 on 1 interview, offer and hire within a week. No surprises, I was given a short tour of the building/campus and was sat with a senior analyst and manager for the interview. The interview itself was open conversation. They seemed very much interested in what I do outside of work as well as my professional and academic background. Not necessarily looking for someone with all the accolades but someone who will fit into their team and culture.

Interview Questions

• First question was how I spent my time outside of work or what I did for fun. More technical question asked was if I had ever missed a deadline and how did I respond or what were the repercussions. Also, what are 3 words I would use to identify my strengths. After that, mostly open- ended conversational questions about my resume and background.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SEI Investments (Philadelphia, PA) in May 2015.

Interview

Participated in a round robin style of interviewing for the position. Met with 4 different teams for 30 mins each. Each team had very different personalities so it was easy to see where you would fit the best.

Anonymous Employee in Oaks, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at SEI Investments (Oaks, PA).

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me and asked if I was interested in the position. I went through a phone interview and then an office interview with 3 supervisors. The recruiter asked what my salary expectations were before the office interview and then told me what the salary would be and asked if it was okay. The salary is way below the industry average, but the company culture is innovative and awesome.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is no negotiation. Every Fund Accountant starts with $35,000.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oaks, PA

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at SEI Investments (Oaks, PA) in October 2010.

Interview

Talk with an HR representative over the phone for first round interview. She tells you about the company, what they do and gives you a brief description of the job. She asks you about your background, experience, etc. If that goes well then you come to their office for a formal interview. I had 3 interviews that day. One with the HR rep, and one with each of the two hiring managers. Only one interview with the hiring manager was about technical questions. The other interviews were questions about yourself, education and experience. Overall, as long as your prepared for the interview, you will be fine.

Anonymous Employee in Oaks, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SEI Investments (Oaks, PA) in October 2010.

Interview

Very laid back. Entry level position. Asked what I new about mutual fund industry and how to react in varying situations.

Interview Questions

• There was a question about what you would do in a situation when you did not have an answer for a client.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation.