SEI Investments Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SEI Investments Interview Questions

Updated Apr 22, 2017

2.6

55 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at SEI Investments in March 2017.

Interview

Initial phone interview with HR when she told me I have a 'very impressive background.'

Came in the following week and met with one director and 4 senior directors. The first senior director was very nice and intelligent. The second one was narrow-minded and outright told me I wasn't qualified because I hadn't put together a NAV pack before. If that is the case, why bring me in for an interview? The last person showed up with two other individuals (so it was me vs. three men in their 40's and 50's.) They told me I'd be great as an account manager, but they didn't have any openings at that time.

Waste of time, they could have figured out from reading my resume that I'd never done fund accounting before. Not sure why I had to waste a half day of work to tell them.

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ancient Oaks, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at SEI Investments (Ancient Oaks, PA).

Interview

Applied for the position online and received a return call within a few days. Had to play telephone tag with the recruiter for several days. He ended up leaving me a message with his email address to arrange a phone interview. The phone interview was very basic, asked general tech writing questions. Recruiter asked about my availability for an in-person interview and said he would email me with an interview date and time.

He never sent the email to me. Next, I received a message that he was waiting for me to show up for my interview. I contacted him to advise I never received an email from him advising of an interview date and time. He confirmed the message was never sent to me, then stated they're looking at internal candidates. No apology, nothing. Not very professional.

Interview Questions

• Describe your writing experience?   1 Answer

Associate Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at SEI Investments (New York, NY).

Interview

College on-campus: 2 30 minute interviews. 2nd round at SEI: 2 30 minute interviews. Interview was fairly basic with mostly behavioral questions and walking them through my resume but position they matched me with for the interview was not a good fit.

Wealth Platform Adoption Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SEI Investments.

Interview

Interviewed with three people from the team. Was told by HR/Recruiting Specialist to bring a completed hard copy application in addition to the one completed on-line. The application was never taken from me and this did take some time to complete. Never received any further communication from SEI post-interview. At least let your candidates know if they were not selected. It felt like they just brought me in so they could hire their internal candidate, I did receive a response to my "Thank You" from two of the interviewees.

Investment Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oaks, PA

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at SEI Investments (Oaks, PA) in November 2016.

Interview

Found the process awkward and as if the interviewers weren't sure what they needed for the role. The folks that work there seem nice but the no management environment and open working space was odd.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at SEI Investments.

Interview

Incredibly long interview process. it lasted 3 ours with 3 different teams. Although I thought the process went well and was called in for another interview, I did not get the position. The people were nice enough and the interview was more of an overview. Not too many detailed questions

Summer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SEI Investments.

Interview

Had a phone interview for summer analyst programs. Was pretty straight forward. "Why do you want to work in this field?" "Walk me through your resume." "How has your past experience prepared you for this program?" etc.

Interview Questions

• Surprisingly the interviewer asked about a tv show that I put under "Interests" and I had to come up with a short summary of the show to explain why I like it so much.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malvern, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SEI Investments (Malvern, PA) in October 2016.

Interview

I met them at a career expo and was invited for an on campus interview the next day for the Wealth Platform Developer Position. OCI was pretty typical with a mix of behavioral and technical questions. A month later I was invited to go to their office in Malvern for a day interview. I met with 4 different employees, two tech and two business. Most of the time they had me ask them questions, and at this stage I only had one technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Given a list of numbers, remove duplicates and return the list of unique numbers in the list   Answer Question

Investor Relations/PR Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oaks, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SEI Investments (Oaks, PA) in September 2016.

Interview

It is a high tech environment. The receptionist is only there to tell you to sign in at the computer. You type the HR person's information in and sit in the waiting area. The HR person then gives you a tour, then I was given 30 minutes with the more junior person on the team and 30 minutes with the manager. The entire process took about 75 minutes. I did not have enough time with the manager because she had to rush out to another meeting.

Interview Questions

• Standard. Do your research on what types of interview techniques are used for the type of position you are applying.   1 Answer

Scrum Master Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SEI Investments (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

The interview process was long (probably longest I ever attended) - 3 HR interviews, 1 Phone and 4 people (in person) interviewed me.Everything was positive. HR promised to get back in 2 weeks. But there was absolutely no response. Don't know why they waste others time calling for interview and going into silence.