SEI Investments Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SEI Investments Interview Questions

Updated Oct 15, 2017

2.6

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at SEI Investments in March 2017.

Interview

Was away at school, so they called me on the phone. I got past the first interview on the phone, but already accepted a position at another company. Not very hard questions for the first interview.

Windrose Consulting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SEI Investments (Philadelphia, PA) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied through my university online and with 2-3 weeks was offered an interview on campus. I interviewed once on campus and after the interview i never heard back regarding the position, of course assuming i didn't get the job offer 2-3 weeks after.

Interview Questions

• a theoretical case study about drug marketing analysis.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SEI Investments (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

I had a Phone screen first. Later I was asked for a face to face in house interview. Great place! Nice facility. Took long to hear back about the next steps. Very busy environment lots going on.

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oaks, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at SEI Investments (Oaks, PA) in January 2016.

Interview

First off, the job description the hiring manager sent me was three bullet points. Must know, Linux, Systems, Puppet. I had a 30 minute call with the hiring manager and then a face to face with the team.

The 30 minute call was the hiring manager asking me to describe my experience with Linux and automation using Puppet. Afterwards he asked me a few generic questions.
    I selected "Very Difficult", but in reality it was "Very Pointless"

The face to face with the team was by far the worst interview I've ever had in my life. I was sat in a room with five of their engineers and they didn't ask me a single question regarding Linux, how I implemented Ansible. or anything else that I described on my three page resume.

Instead I was asked about Windows FSMO roles, CCNA type questions regarding specific configurations of LACP, and several other extremely specific questions about tools, systems and processes not described on my resume.

I can respect that this team had some great knowledge and use of tools and processes that I had never used. However, if they're going to ask questions like that, they should have had a more specific job description. They also obviously didn't read any of my resume, since they could have assertained from the resume, that I was not a fit for their tech stack.

During the interview, I got the sense from their team that I was wasting their time. In fact, it was then who wasted my time by not formulating a detailed job description and matching candidates who meet several criteria. It was clear they felt insulted when I asked after a few questions that weren't relevant to my resume, that if they even read it. Since after that they started throwing me even more questions that were unrelated to my experience, until I eventually said that I didn't think the interview was going anywhere.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you got an error with the Schema Master FSMO role?   1 Answer
    • What is the IEEE standard of Cisco LACP?   1 Answer

Quantitative Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SEI Investments (London, England (UK)) in June 2017.

Interview

The interview process consisted of two stages. The first stage included a test in which basic knowledge of statistics, finance, factor investing and programming was tested. After this there was an interview in which we went through the responses to the test and other questions were asked.

The second stage involved presenting research topics prescribed by the interviewers about a week before the interview. Following this the interviewers posed questions around the logic and the reasoning behind the findings.

Interview Questions

• What methods other than risk controls in factor investing portfolio construction could you use with regards to the covariance matrix?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SEI Investments (London, England (UK)) in March 2013.

Interview

One interview with two interviewers that lasted approx 25 mins. Offer was made within a week and negotiating a better package took a further week. Operations moving from US to UK hence the quick process

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oaks, PA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at SEI Investments (Oaks, PA).

Interview

Phone interview with hr, then two in person interviews. The people were really nice and I had very nice conversations with everyone, but the process took 2 months to the point where I almost had to withdraw my application to move on with my life. A little bit disrespectful to treat a more senior level candidate. They expressed no sense of urgency even after I followed up with hr after the 5th time, and when I found that it was down to me and an internal candidate I knew I had no chance. There was also a certain aroma of complacency not just in the company; rather, in the whole surrounding area that rubbed me the wrong way. If you're ambitious and looking for something unique, probably not the right place for you. Saw a lot of nova and penn state backgrounds, so you're almost immediately at a disadvantage if you didn't go to either. Definitely not attracting Wharton/Penn quality candidates. Probably a nice place to cut your teeth as a junior leve employee or if you want that certainty of collecting a lowish paycheck with your standard 1.5% raise every year for 40 years.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at SEI Investments (Oaks, PA) in June 2014.

Interview

Came onto the SEI campus 2 times, interviewed once with peers that I would be working with me, second time was with management staff. Interviews were one on one and informal. Conversational interviews with questions on basic economic and financial principles.

Free Asset Movement Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oaks, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SEI Investments (Oaks, PA) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online for the office in Oaks, PA. Had a phone interview a week later. Then had a in person interview a couple of weeks later. HR was a huge helpful and always there when you needed them. The overall interview went smoothly and I wasn't asked a lot of questions.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at SEI Investments in March 2017.

Interview

Initial phone interview with HR when she told me I have a 'very impressive background.'

Came in the following week and met with one director and 4 senior directors. The first senior director was very nice and intelligent. The second one was narrow-minded and outright told me I wasn't qualified because I hadn't put together a NAV pack before. If that is the case, why bring me in for an interview? The last person showed up with two other individuals (so it was me vs. three men in their 40's and 50's.) They told me I'd be great as an account manager, but they didn't have any openings at that time.

Waste of time, they could have figured out from reading my resume that I'd never done fund accounting before. Not sure why I had to waste a half day of work to tell them.