SEI Investments Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 15, 2017

2.6

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at SEI Investments (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

I applied through a college/university, and interviewed on campus first round. The interview was fairly easy, mostly behavioral and resume questions. I later received an email informing me that I was selected for final round, and informing me I would interview with a team within SEI, which I have not done yet. Overall great experience.

Summer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SEI Investments.

Interview

First round interview at college/university, and second round at SEI office. Interviews were not too difficult. Interviewer was friendly, and mainly wanted to understand why you are interested in the company. In addition, they want to give you a brief overview of the company and the position. They seem to have a cool campus in Oaks, and they describe it as very similar to Google. Great company, and overall great experience.

Windrose Consulting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SEI Investments (Philadelphia, PA) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied through my university online and with 2-3 weeks was offered an interview on campus. I interviewed once on campus and after the interview i never heard back regarding the position, of course assuming i didn't get the job offer 2-3 weeks after.

Interview Questions

• a theoretical case study about drug marketing analysis.   Answer Question

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oaks, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at SEI Investments (Oaks, PA) in January 2016.

Interview

First off, the job description the hiring manager sent me was three bullet points. Must know, Linux, Systems, Puppet. I had a 30 minute call with the hiring manager and then a face to face with the team.

The 30 minute call was the hiring manager asking me to describe my experience with Linux and automation using Puppet. Afterwards he asked me a few generic questions.
    I selected "Very Difficult", but in reality it was "Very Pointless"

The face to face with the team was by far the worst interview I've ever had in my life. I was sat in a room with five of their engineers and they didn't ask me a single question regarding Linux, how I implemented Ansible. or anything else that I described on my three page resume.

Instead I was asked about Windows FSMO roles, CCNA type questions regarding specific configurations of LACP, and several other extremely specific questions about tools, systems and processes not described on my resume.

I can respect that this team had some great knowledge and use of tools and processes that I had never used. However, if they're going to ask questions like that, they should have had a more specific job description. They also obviously didn't read any of my resume, since they could have assertained from the resume, that I was not a fit for their tech stack.

During the interview, I got the sense from their team that I was wasting their time. In fact, it was then who wasted my time by not formulating a detailed job description and matching candidates who meet several criteria. It was clear they felt insulted when I asked after a few questions that weren't relevant to my resume, that if they even read it. Since after that they started throwing me even more questions that were unrelated to my experience, until I eventually said that I didn't think the interview was going anywhere.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you got an error with the Schema Master FSMO role?   1 Answer
    • What is the IEEE standard of Cisco LACP?   1 Answer

Lead Designer Interview Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oaks, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SEI Investments (Oaks, PA) in December 2015.

Interview

Very casual but professional atmosphere. I met with an Art Director, the Digital & Creative VP and my HR contact. Presented a variety of pieces on my laptop and brought plenty of print samples, I felt very prepared for the interview and had a large scope of work to showcase my skill set. Interview went smooth and seemed like we were in sync. After the interview HR followed up for my reference contacts, they followed up saying they were having trouble connecting with one and wanted to touch base with me, I confirmed a time but no phone call or email. No response, no follow-up or confirmation, I've heard nothing back from HR.

Overall the interview process was smooth but the lack of respect to follow-up with candidates is very disappointing.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SEI Investments (Philadelphia, PA) in December 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed by four people and it was a pretty easy process. They asked easy questions and each lasted for about 20 minutes. Pretty conversational and easy going. I was mostly given a description about what my role would be and what I would be doing daily. Two executives had interviewed and then two current interns.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oaks, PA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at SEI Investments (Oaks, PA) in December 2015.

Interview

I had one interview with my hiring manager and the manager over the associated department. The interview questions were challenging but reasonable. The interviewers presented a level of comfort during our discussions.

Interview Questions

• How would you use your previous experience to excel in a new industry?   1 Answer

Lead Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oaks, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SEI Investments (Oaks, PA) in November 2015.

Interview

Submitted my resume and cover letter, 2 weeks later I was contacted for an interview. Since I am not local a skype interview was done. Following that interview, I traveled to SEI to do an in person interview. I met with a majority of the creative staff and an HR rep. The interview lasted about 4 hours total with 4 different "sessions" and 7 different people. The interview began and ended with HR. I would say the tone of the interview was professional but casual.

I was told I would hear back about the interview by the end of the week (I interviewed early in the week. Two weeks later, and a single follow-up email, I have heard nothing from HR. My application in their applicant tracking system says "under consideration."

Interview Questions

• What is the most difficult problem you had to solve with a client/coworker/boss? How did you come to a resolution?   Answer Question

Fund Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at SEI Investments in October 2015.

Interview

Phone screening, 2 on 1 interview, offer and hire within a week. No surprises, I was given a short tour of the building/campus and was sat with a senior analyst and manager for the interview. The interview itself was open conversation. They seemed very much interested in what I do outside of work as well as my professional and academic background. Not necessarily looking for someone with all the accolades but someone who will fit into their team and culture.

Interview Questions

• First question was how I spent my time outside of work or what I did for fun. More technical question asked was if I had ever missed a deadline and how did I respond or what were the repercussions. Also, what are 3 words I would use to identify my strengths. After that, mostly open- ended conversational questions about my resume and background.   Answer Question

Lead Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oaks, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SEI Investments (Oaks, PA) in October 2015.

Interview

Very professional. Met with an Art Director and the Marketing Director. Presented my portfolio on my iPad. They described the position which turned out to be different from the online job listing. The online version was described as web design, email design, banner ads, etc. I found out in the interview that the position was for print. Unfortunately, I added mostly web pieces to my portfolio and didn't have much print to show. I left feeling like I was unprepared for the interview.