SEI Investments Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 20, 2017

2.6

Lead Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oaks, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SEI Investments (Oaks, PA) in November 2015.

Interview

Submitted my resume and cover letter, 2 weeks later I was contacted for an interview. Since I am not local a skype interview was done. Following that interview, I traveled to SEI to do an in person interview. I met with a majority of the creative staff and an HR rep. The interview lasted about 4 hours total with 4 different "sessions" and 7 different people. The interview began and ended with HR. I would say the tone of the interview was professional but casual.

I was told I would hear back about the interview by the end of the week (I interviewed early in the week. Two weeks later, and a single follow-up email, I have heard nothing from HR. My application in their applicant tracking system says "under consideration."

Interview Questions

• What is the most difficult problem you had to solve with a client/coworker/boss? How did you come to a resolution?   Answer Question

Fund Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at SEI Investments in October 2015.

Interview

Phone screening, 2 on 1 interview, offer and hire within a week. No surprises, I was given a short tour of the building/campus and was sat with a senior analyst and manager for the interview. The interview itself was open conversation. They seemed very much interested in what I do outside of work as well as my professional and academic background. Not necessarily looking for someone with all the accolades but someone who will fit into their team and culture.

Interview Questions

• First question was how I spent my time outside of work or what I did for fun. More technical question asked was if I had ever missed a deadline and how did I respond or what were the repercussions. Also, what are 3 words I would use to identify my strengths. After that, mostly open- ended conversational questions about my resume and background.   Answer Question

Lead Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oaks, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SEI Investments (Oaks, PA) in October 2015.

Interview

Very professional. Met with an Art Director and the Marketing Director. Presented my portfolio on my iPad. They described the position which turned out to be different from the online job listing. The online version was described as web design, email design, banner ads, etc. I found out in the interview that the position was for print. Unfortunately, I added mostly web pieces to my portfolio and didn't have much print to show. I left feeling like I was unprepared for the interview.

Summer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at SEI Investments.

Interview

first interview was through phone call - very pleasant experience: interviewer asked behavioral questions but it was more like a conversation than an interview. Was brought in 1 month later for second round, met the team I was going to work with (two 1-1 interviews), got to see the cool office, and it went very well; again, no harsh questions, they were trying to get to know you and they were all very nice.

Investment Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oaks, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SEI Investments (Oaks, PA).

Interview

This was a pretty quick process because they needed to fill a position quickly. Worked through one main contact. Interviewed with direct boss and colleagues in the same position. It was an entry level position so there wasn't a large need to make this a lengthy process.

Interview Questions

• Was there anything in my college education that may have directly helped me to get a position like this?   1 Answer

Support Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at SEI Investments.

Interview

I know some people who work there who were able to pass my resume along after I applied. I was contacted almost immediately by a recruiter. A few weeks later I was at SEI for an face to face interview. I met with 2 recruiters, the one of the hiring managers and someone from the business. I come from a place where the interviews are very structured and regimented... Which I personal don't think are effective. So compared to what I'm used to I felt that the interview was very relaxed. At the end I was told that someone would follow up with me by the end of the week. That was over a month ago. After 2 weeks of not hearing anything I took it upon myself to reach out and I was told that the decision was still being considered. Since then, nothing. At this point I'm pretty sure that I'm not being considered anymore but I really wish I could know for sure. Their process should be more streamlined and if you make it to the point where you receive an in person interview you should receive timely follow up.

Private Equity Fund Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oaks, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SEI Investments (Oaks, PA).

Interview

Pretty low key, went through recruiter, phone interview then on site interview. Nothing terribly challenging. I prepared heavily because it is such a competitive company and competitive position. People were extremely friendly and happy to be there to interview me.

Liquidity Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oaks, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SEI Investments (Oaks, PA).

Interview

Honestly, the hiring manager I spoke to was friendly and thorough, and none of his questions were difficult. Just standard personality gauging, goal questioning, anecdotal and experience-related questions. The reason the overall process was negative was the HR reps.

To their credit, they contacted me a day or two after I applied online (as opposed to some companies who go weeks before reaching out). They are misleading though, because they are extremely friendly and gregarious in the beginning, only to ignore you completely after your on-site interview.

Two weeks after my interview, I emailed the first recruiter who contacted me, and was ignored. I waited a full week before a second request for status update. Ignored. Finally, I contacted a different HR rep I had met, and received the following, unacceptable response: "I haven't heard from (hiring manager) in a while...and I know he's considering some internal candidates who have years of experience with SEI so...I think he's going to pass on you."

After consulting some older, more experienced professionals, they advised me that her comment was most likely "HR speak" for "no" - an indirect way of delivering bad news since none of us (hopefully) enjoy delivering bad news. I refuse to accept this. Either do you job and tell me "no" outright, so I have the closure I need to consider other offers (SEI was my first choice at the time), or get up and ASK the person if you "haven't heard from them in a while." The HR rep's job is to be the point of contact between candidates and hiring managers. They shouldn't give candidates a business card and insist that they're available for questions or concerns when they plan to just ignore them after their on-site interviews.

I still respect the company as a whole, and want to reiterate that the hiring manager was perfectly agreeable. I just hope that future candidates have the good fortune to deal with more communicative HR personnel.

Fund Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SEI Investments (Philadelphia, PA) in May 2015.

Interview

Participated in a round robin style of interviewing for the position. Met with 4 different teams for 30 mins each. Each team had very different personalities so it was easy to see where you would fit the best.

Institutional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oaks, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at SEI Investments (Oaks, PA) in May 2015.

Interview

The first round was an interview on campus with two current employees and then the HR Director immediately after. They asked me a lot of behavioral questions. Final round was a conversation with the Director at SEI.