SEIU Interview Questions in Washington, DC | Glassdoor

3.1

8 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Organizer In Training Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SEIU (Washington, DC) in October 2014.

Interview

Huge pannel interview, included around 15 other applicants. Took an entire day! Very long. Entry level position however most applicants had extensive organising experience. It started with a rapid round of answering ideological questions then later moved on to role playing.

Interview Questions

• What was your most recent involvement with a social justice cause?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SEIU (Washington, DC).

Interview

Applied for an internship in the political department. Was contacted a few days later, had interview the next week. Interview was with both internship coordinators, asked about experiences in school and in past internships. Very relaxed interview, more of a conversation to assess if personalities/political leanings matched.
    Next week had panel interview with several members from the political department. Similar questions, a bit more technical than the first interview (strengths, weaknesses, knowledge of research databases). Interviewers were very welcoming and not at all intimidating. After interview took a test where I edited a 2-page document.
    Met with the political department director a week later. Started as a more formal interview, asked about career goals, 5 year plan, etc. Ended up talking about sports and had a nice chat.
    Offered position 2 days later. Overall process took about 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you overcame adversity or had to stand up for your beliefs   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SEIU (Washington, DC) in July 2014.

Interview

The process was long. I did two interviews by phone. Then I had to write a 2-3 page memo based on a given campaign scenario. I was then invited to DC for a panel interview with 4 interviewers, where I was asked questions about my memo and writing sample. After that, I had an informal phone interview with two members of the research team.

Interview Questions

• How would you garner media attention for your campaign plan?   Answer Question

Senior Campaign Communications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SEIU (Washington, DC) in November 2013.

Interview

Applied on the website and was simultaneously referred by an employee.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were difficult or unexpected. One question that I could have answered better was where I see myself in five years. Have answers to standard questions like this written out, rehearsed and tailored toward the company and the position.   Answer Question

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at SEIU (Washington, DC) in April 2013.

Interview

Two phone interviews followed by two in person interviews. They also had to do a sample piece of work, putting together a plan for a specific project I would be working on.

Communications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SEIU (Washington, DC) in February 2012.

Interview

In person interview, and three skills test

Organizer In Training Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at SEIU (Washington, DC) in January 2012.

Interview

First I went to a labor coalition three day training recruitment session (it was an AFL-CIO recruitment event). From there, I chose to take an internship or apprenticeship with SEIU international. The interviews took place at the end of the event and the next week I flew out to D.C. for training in the Wave program.

Interview Questions

• If you could have a dinner party with four different people who would they be (exclude god and dead relatives).
      What they're looking for here is diversity and openness.   1 Answer
    • Have you ever worked a job that you wouldn't put on a resume?   1 Answer
    • What if you have members at a worksite who really want to organize and they're willing to do anything but a quantitative analysis of the numbers show it's a losing campaign? Shut it down or push through?   1 Answer

Administration Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at SEIU (Washington, DC) in July 2008.

Interview

I experience 2 interviews and a test, after answering an online advertisement with a detailed resume. Interviewing and hiring process was very professional, took less than a week and a half overall.

Interview Questions

• How did you become familiar with SEIU? Tell us something you know about SEIU and how it helped bring you here.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Wasn't able to negotiate, salaries are set via an existing labor contract.