SERMO Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SERMO Interview Questions

2.4

Community Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at SERMO (Charlotte, NC) in November 2015.

Interview

The company's mission is incredible . Love the energy of the recruiter and the hiring manager. So far the interview process has been Quick, very friendly and casual. They seemed to be meeting my salary expectations. I am still in the process of interviewing so I don't more information to share but I hope I get the opportunity to work for them.

Marketing Interview

Interview

Very thorough but took a long time. Got to meet with many people on the team and learn more about the position which was very helpful. Took several days, each lasting many hours, but the people were nice so it wasn't too bad.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SERMO in November 2014.

Interview

Had 3 interviews with 5 different people including the HR Manager and the city's branch manager. Was told the last step would be a phone interview with the Account Executive this position would report to, since they were unable to make the last appointment. Took weeks to hear back from the recruiter that they were putting position on hold and going to re-evaluate their budget for the new year. Every interview seemed like it went very well, so I was very confused as to the lack of followup. It has been over a month since my last interview and I have not been told "No thanks" OR "Congratulations". Still crossing my fingers though!

Interview Questions

• Make you take the Wonderlic test to even be considered for interview process.   Answer Question
    • There were very few questions asked of me and they were pretty average, behavioral/situational questions you'd hear in any interview.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at SERMO (New York, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

One phone screening, two in-house interviews, standard for this company. They are always looking for engineers if you're in that line of work, but who isn't? In-house interview is meeting with several peers and managers to get a feel for your work and personality. Bring snacks, you'll be there a while and expect them to move slow on hiring.

Interview Questions

• They really screened for compatibility with co-workers which was good to see.   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SERMO (Charlotte, NC) in February 2013.

Interview

Several interviews, first with phone and then in person. They also required several assessments, including math skills test, wunderlich test and project manager assessment (essay style). This was a longer assignment which they later reviewed during the in person interview. Very lengthy process to even get in the door.

Interview Questions

• General interview questions, nothing out of the ordinary. Most of the questions were just regarding how you would react to stressful situations, why you were interested in this type of position, and how previous positions could contribute to this type of organization. They conducted a review of all assessments during the interview and also conducted this panel style with several upper management individuals. This was after an initial phone interview before scheduling an on site interview several weeks later.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Requested increase in initial salary and change to insurance benefits. Were not willing to negotiate with insurance but offered sign on bonus to offset costs.

Survey Programmer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at SERMO (New York, NY).

Interview

I was contacted through a recruiter. I had a phone interview with the hiring manager, which went well. This first interview was mainly to gauge my knowledge of the programming platform and my experience level. I then met with the hiring manager and the CEO. This second interview was more behavioral. There was a comment made during the interview to the effect of "we need a nice face to show to clients." Since programmers do tend to be behind-the-scenes and/or outsourced, I assumed this meant the company wants to show off its on-shore programmers. While flattered, I found this a bit odd. I've never had an interviewer hint that my look was important for the job. (Though interviewer was not American so I also assume this kind of talk might take a different meaning in other cultural contexts/workplaces)

I was given an offer but had to press for an official offer letter. Never got one, but in the end my lawyer advised the email outlining the offer was good enough.

Interview Questions

• None, the questions were all very straightforward. However I think for the position this is appropriate. If you can program in a specific computer language, and you have a good disposition, you can do this job.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There really wasn't much of a negotiation, I knew the salary they offered when I applied for the position and it was on the higher end of similar positions.

Sales Director Interview

Interview

Company was very professional and enthusiastic about engaging with candidates. Although they did not spend a significant amount of time or money, they engaged well and were interested in understanding perspectives on the industry.

Interview Questions

• What do you think the role of social media is with physician's treatment patterns   Answer Question

Career path

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at SERMO (New York, NY) in August 2011.

Interview

Interviewed by various business lines, not challenging questions - seemed like they were more interesting in whether I was a good fit personality wise.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Little to no room for negotiation.

Interview

They were looking for professionals to conduct market research interviews over the phone in English Speaking countries. Hiring process was smooth and quick. Talked over the phone with HR and then met my manager 1 on 1 in the coming week.

Account Manager Interview

Interview

The hiring process is a quick one. Not sure if this is because I was recommended in to the job, though. One full half day with the entire delivery team. .5 hours with each person/group. Didn't seem like enough to really get all questions answered (and I sure wish I had)

Negotiation

they were not willing to