SF State University Academic Advisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SF State University Academic Advisor Interview Questions

Interviews at SF State University

Academic Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SF State University (San Francisco, CA) in May 2018.

Interview

Received a phone call for a video interview right away, which was scheduled for the following week. After the video interview, I didn't hear anything for 4 weeks. I figured I hadn't qualified for the next round, so I was very surprised a month later to get a call about scheduling a campus interview. After that call, didn't hear anything for two weeks. Then got a call offering me a time for the interview. I was from out of state and would be flying there, so it was lucky that this one time slot offered worked for me. Went to the on campus interview, never heard back. I honestly was already really turned off by their lack of communication that I was not disappointed to not get the job, but found it pretty rude and unprofessional to not even send a rejection email after an in person interview. Overall found those I was interviewing with to be unfriendly in general, and it was not a positive experience.

Interview Questions

• Had to give a presentation with little guidelines.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for SF State University

Academic Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SF State University in November 2018.

Interview

I applied online and received an interview request about a week later. I live out of town so we scheduled a Zoom interview. The interview was with the hiring manager and another staff member and it went about 30 minutes. They asked about 5-6 questions and then shared more information with me about the position.

I didn't hear anything a week after the interview, so I followed up and found out that another candidate had been selected.

Interview Questions