SF State University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at SF State University

2.3

Academic Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SF State University (San Francisco, CA) in May 2018.

Interview

Received a phone call for a video interview right away, which was scheduled for the following week. After the video interview, I didn't hear anything for 4 weeks. I figured I hadn't qualified for the next round, so I was very surprised a month later to get a call about scheduling a campus interview. After that call, didn't hear anything for two weeks. Then got a call offering me a time for the interview. I was from out of state and would be flying there, so it was lucky that this one time slot offered worked for me. Went to the on campus interview, never heard back. I honestly was already really turned off by their lack of communication that I was not disappointed to not get the job, but found it pretty rude and unprofessional to not even send a rejection email after an in person interview. Overall found those I was interviewing with to be unfriendly in general, and it was not a positive experience.

Interview Questions

• Had to give a presentation with little guidelines.   1 Answer

Academic Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SF State University in November 2018.

Interview

I applied online and received an interview request about a week later. I live out of town so we scheduled a Zoom interview. The interview was with the hiring manager and another staff member and it went about 30 minutes. They asked about 5-6 questions and then shared more information with me about the position.

I didn't hear anything a week after the interview, so I followed up and found out that another candidate had been selected.

IT Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SF State University (San Francisco, CA) in March 2008.

Interview

You might be interviewing with a lot of people, depending on the job you apply. If you can get to know those people in advance that would help a lot.

Interview Questions

• What project have you worked on (or lead) in the past 3-5 years. How do you deal with a difficult co-worker? Analyze your own strengths and weaknesses.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate. I think you should

Interview

It was pretty basic - reviewing resume, expected salary, schedule, etc...
    I applied through the department's job website. They asked me the standard questions and hired me. I worked during the summer and I was able to make contacts in other classes through the winter and spring and through the years.

Graduate Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SF State University (San Francisco, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Was just a simple process about the courses I wanted to teach. They talked about the whole process and class regulations. The interviewer was so nice and did not ask so many questions.

Graduate Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at SF State University (San Francisco, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

I was asked about my labwork related to Digital Design. I was asked about various combinational and sequential circuits. I was asked to design the same on Xilinx and test in by writing a code in VHDL.

Writing Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at SF State University (San Francisco, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

Pretty standard interview. I was called in, had to talk through some hypothetical situations and how I would deal with them. Then there was a short role play section where I had to advise a 'student' on their writing.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a student asking you to edit a paper for them?   Answer Question

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SF State University (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

1st Email scheduling an Interview, followed by several reference checks with very thorough questions, followed by large panel interview, followed by one on one interview.
    It was a very welcoming process, the questions were all very thorough.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SF State University (San Francisco, CA) in December 2010.

Interview

Simple.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Quick.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at SF State University (San Francisco, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

I was asked about my previous job and was explained the full responsibilities of the job. I was told that i would be provided training for the job. I had to contact the potential alumni, employers etc for the interviews.

Interview Questions

• Where have you worked before?   1 Answer