SF State University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at SF State University

2.3

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SF State University (San Francisco, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

Interview with the person in the department wants to hire you. Contact the department or website to see if there are any availability, if yes contact the hiring person. If they think you a good fit, they will schedule to have an interview with you.

Interview Questions

• They will ask why would you want to take this position, what is your goal to work as this position?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

It was an open interview. Basically you have a group of people who are interviewed in a room by two interviewers. In the end, everyone was hireed. I guess they needed people badly. Interview questions are fairly easy, so everyone can be hired.

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SF State University (San Francisco, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

it was easy and depend on the type of experience one has. check the requirements before applying. They basically check the requirements and call for the interview after screening.

Tutor Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at SF State University.

Interview

Application submission, in-person interview, team interview, team discussion, team meetings, campus tour, meet and greet

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SF State University (San Francisco, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

Placed in a room with the tutorial coordinator and a staff. The tutorial coordinator was friendly and asked questions accordingly. She briefed me about what is it like to be a part of the tutoring team.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at SF State University (San Francisco, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

This was with CARP. Kind of silly how extensive the interview was considering this is a part-time job, no benefits, and not exactly a resume booster. You will meet with two coordinators who will interview you for about an hour, and do a mock tutorial session. Then, they will leave you in the room, confer with each other, and take you to meet the Big Boss if you succeed. He will cut through your bullsh*t so make sure you come prepared beyond the generic "I'm a hard worker/good people person/self-starter" line.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No room for negotiation, but if they like you, you will get an incremental (and secretive) raise after a couple months.

Development Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SF State University (San Francisco, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

I submitted a resume online and was called to be interviewed by a group of administrators on campus. I understood that this was the first round and that they would call back candidates they were interested in. It wasn't a very friendly environment and I sensed that some of them weren't on the same page. It was a very corporate feeling experience, more than I expected at a university.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience with major gifts?   1 Answer

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at SF State University (San Francisco, CA) in February 2010.

Interview

I was only interviewed by the PI of the lab. Very casual. I had coffee with the PI and discussed the research I'd be doing as well as the research the other lab members were working on. I then met with the other lab members and gave a power point seminar during their lab meeting. A slightly awkward lunch with the lab followed.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

International Admissions Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SF State University (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Went in for a first interview with a panel of five different employees. Interview itself was good, though they did it in a large room which was rather disconcerting. Biggest complaint is that I never heard from them or the HR department after the interview. While I was perfectly ok with not getting the job, to never hear about their decision is extremely inconsiderate in my book. If you interview someone in-person, it is a requirement that you at least send an email. I would not want to work with people who don't view this as a basic courtesy.

House Keeping Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SF State University (San Francisco, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Group of 6 sat on the panel to interview me. Was an online printed interview, questions were fairly easy except some just confused you. Everyone on the panel was very nice, and easy going which allowed me to not get nervous. Heard back from the department in about 2 weeks, but the offered amount was not what i expected.