SF State University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at SF State University

2.3

Text Editor Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SF State University (San Francisco, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

The atmosphere was laid back. They asked a lot of easy questions. It was mostly a test of how well I would fit in socially with my supervisors and whether I would be happy sitting at a computer editing pdf files for the majority of the work day. They were very nurturing.

Interview Questions

• How are your computer skills?   1 Answer

Interview

The interview process of getting a part time position at San Francisco State is not tedious. Eligible students can apply through Gator jobs and then interviews are not so hard. Reference always helps so make sure you are in good terms with your seniors.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SF State University.

Interview

The first part of the interview is a two hour long process where you mark up a sample student's paper as if you were the teacher. They want to see a) your approach and rationale to assessing and commenting on student writing and b) your familiarity with common ESL grammatical issues, as well as your pedagogical approach to grammar teaching.

The second part of the interview will be a f2f interview with a 6 member CMS committee.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult aspect turned out to be not knowing the department's philosophy, which was quite opposite of how the teachers I TAed with actually work.   Answer Question

Book Store Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at SF State University (San Francisco, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

Applied and invited to a group interview in downtown sf. After that interview process I was called in to do a training on campus and then we where schedule to work the week before school semester at any folliet stores.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SF State University.

Interview

I was called for an on-site interview. When I arrived, I was taken into the conference room. I was asked to introduce my self. Most of the questions were based on my resume and the previous experience I had as an office assistant and a driver. I had driving experience of more than 6 years so that was a plus point.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle stressful situation?   1 Answer

Prospect Research and Management Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SF State University (San Francisco, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

Straightforward process and interviewed with your future boss. People at the interview are very nice and try to get to know you as a person and whether you are a good fit for the company. Questions are also very straightforward.

Interview Questions

• What is your best achievements at previous jobs? How comfortable are you working confidential information?   Answer Question

Help Desk Student IT Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at SF State University (San Francisco, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

They had me submit an application and a week later they asked me to come for an interview. There were 6-7 people interviewing me. I had to answer questions from a piece of paper they had. There were about 10 questions and the whole process took less than one hour

Other offers

Office & Events Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at SF State University (San Francisco, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Very simple. Submit a resume and cover letter. If they like you, you will get a phone screen and then the offer if they select you. Not much else was needed.

Interview Questions

• How much customer service experience do you have?   1 Answer

Network Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SF State University (San Francisco, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

personal and technical, first phone screening and thereafter personal group panel interview with three people. i was told at the end of the week whether I am selected or not. It was a really good experience and fun answering the interview . Very less stress level

Interview Questions

• what you know about network? how to patch a cable?   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Interview

The interview process was easy. They ask you 10 questions then rate your answers. The people seem to have the interview very organized. They let you ask questions at the end.