SHI International Business Development Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

4.0

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Business Development Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SHI International in April 2013.

Interview

The initial interview (via phone) was with HR. We reviewed the job description and expectations, no unusual questions. Interview #2 (via phone) was with a Regional Manager. No unusual questions except the job description changed. Interview #3 (via phone) was with the Regional Manager and a National Manager. Once again, the job description changed.

Interview Questions

• Prior to the 3rd interview, I was asked to prepare several items. Considering my level of experience I found some of this unusual.

2 Business References
    Written Communication
    2 Writing Samples (you can delete or block the recipient) – Should be actual emails that you have sent to someone
    • Customer Communication where you introduce yourself and/or your current company (Prospect or non-customer today)
    • Vendor Communication that shows you understand how important our partners are to our business

Research/Initiative/Understanding of the Territory
    • Number of Municipalities in each state - How they are organized
    • Websites that will be helpful at finding prospect accounts and customers information
    • Working in the Government space, there is quite a bit of legislation/policies/agendas that agencies –cities and towns are now required to abide to. For many of these policies there is an IT based solution. Please pick one of these new initiatives that could be an avenue to sell hardware, software, or professional services. Detail the products or vendors you would approach to work with you , how you would engage them, and put together a quick presentation that you might deliver to the client to sell them on the solution.
    • Create a list of top 10 accounts that you would target as your “big accounts” to prospect and sell to. List at least one initiative they have going on over the next 12 months that you see SHI can assist with

6 Month Plan – What do you think it will take to be successful in this territory?
    • Should include your Daily/Monthly/Quarterly Goals for yourself – CALLS – APPOINTMENT – QUOTES.
    • Should include your Business Needs from SHI to accomplish these Goals   Answer Question