SHI International Inside Account Executive Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SHI International Inside Account Executive Interview Questions

Updated Dec 4, 2016

2.2

Anonymous Employee in Somerset, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at SHI International (Somerset, NJ) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview process was simple. The HR recruiter was very nice, as was the sales manager. They were very energetic during the interview which made me very comfortable. The recruiter has been in contact with me ever since I took the interview,

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for SHI International

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Interview

I applied for a job on my university's job board, and was called by a recruiter about a week later. We talked on the phone briefly, and then we set up a longer phone interview for the following week. That lasted about a half hour, and we decided to move forward with a Skype interview with the recruiter and hiring manager. I got the offer about a week later, and accepted roughly two weeks after that. The whole process from application to acceptance was about a month and a half. Everything was very positive, the only reason I rated it as neutral was because The recruiter didn't send me some important information about the skype interview until the night before. She was very nice and apologetic about the situation though.

Interview Questions

• A time you've dealt with a difficult customer and how you handled the situation? How do you deal with rejection? Many sales based questions when talking with the hiring manager   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiating. Base salary is 30k with uncapped commission. It was a lower salary than other jobs I was looking at, but after talking to the manager and looking at salary reviews it appeared that most people earn around 45-50k in their first year

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SHI International (Austin, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

In-person Interview, pretty laid back. The person looked at my resume and ask me details about my previous sales experience. She went in-depth on how I would feel about making cold calls all day and how I would be able to handle those kinds of situations. Mostly, I think they are looking at your personality and if you are easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about making cold calls?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Somerset, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SHI International (Somerset, NJ) in March 2016.

Inside Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SHI International.

Interview

Straight forward interview, standard questions. Met with HR and sales manager. Very simple interview process, not incredibly stressful. As long as you know what your typical interview questions are, just study up on those, be yourself, and you'll do just fine. Seems like a great company to work for, very nice offices.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SHI International (Austin, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

The hiring process at SHI was pretty straightforward. I met a recruiter at my college career expo and from there was invited to an on-campus interview. The recruiter was very friendly and approachable and basically wanted to know my personality and background. From there, I had a second interview with a hiring manager, and they went into more detail on what the job requires and the training process. It is a sales position, so many questions were related to sales. Overall, very good experience and both the recruiter and hiring manager made me feel at ease.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you faced rejection and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at SHI International (Austin, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

it begins with a phone interview, then a sit down with person from HR. if all of that goes well you'll meet with the hiring manager. then they do a background check etc.

Interview Questions

• Basic interview questions, same as any other interview   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SHI International (Austin, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed by the recruiter via phone for about 30 minutes, then I was invited to an interview on-premise. There, I interviewed first with the recruiter and then with the hiring manager. The hiring manager will try to scare you off a little bit, but stick to the script and talk about your experience and how you can be an asset to the company. I was given an offer about a week after my interview. They will ask you a lot about sales and cold-calling. As long as you stress that you are good on the phone, you should be good. I ended up declining the offer for another tech company with twice the pay, but my experience with SHI was positive.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SHI International (Austin, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

There was a lack of clarification during the email conversation and I actually showed up for an in person interview just to be told that the recruiter was not there. Afterwards, there was a short phone interview with the recruiter apologizing for the mix and then I was ask to come interview in person. The process was quick with more time spent going over my experience and resume.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about making a minimum of 50 cold calls a day?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at SHI International (Austin, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

I got a call from the recruiter within 24 hours of my application. I went in the following day to interview. During my interview I met with the recruiter and shortly after had an interview with the hiring manager the same day. You get to walk around the floor and see the work environment Which was nice! I got an offer later that same day and started for days later. Overall turnaround from application to start date was less than a week!