SHI International Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 7, 2017

2.3

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at SHI International (Austin, TX).

Interview

Very laid back, but also very direct with questions.

Account Executive Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SHI International.

Interview

The hiring process is managed through the company HQ in New Jersey, but the interviews are handled by the local sales manager, and regional directors. In my experience, the interview process was pretty straight forward, there is a lot of value placed on previous sales experience, and on cultivating long standing executive level relationships.

Interview Questions

• The most challenging aspect of the interview was the wide range of products that SHI sells. Depending on pervious experience the line of questioning can go just about anywhere. You're better off admitting that you don't have experience around a certain technology, but you're eager to learn, rather than trying to fake it, or study up for the interview process.   Answer Question

Negotiation

For account executives, there in not much room for negotiating on the base salary. There is a very aggressive commission structure, and you have an opportunity to make as much money as you want, but it will be heavily weighted to commissions rather than base salary.

Interview

This interview process took 2 weeks I got a phone interview and ten met at the company headquarters. Very basic interview questions about my goals and my weaknesses. I wish they did a better job axing questions though because I feel as if those types of questions are not helpful in determining the validity of a good costumer or not. I had a good interview experience. The people were very friendly and knowledgeable about the company.

Interview Questions

Interview

easy

N/A Interview

Interview

I interviewed for my company 5 years ago and the information and details have been adjusted since then but overall it was a pleasant experience. I talked with a recruiter and then took a written questionnaire. I was called back a week or two later and was offered the position.

Inside Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SHI International (Austin, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed by the recruiter via phone for about 30 minutes, then I was invited to an interview on-premise. There, I interviewed first with the recruiter and then with the hiring manager. The hiring manager will try to scare you off a little bit, but stick to the script and talk about your experience and how you can be an asset to the company. I was given an offer about a week after my interview. They will ask you a lot about sales and cold-calling. As long as you stress that you are good on the phone, you should be good. I ended up declining the offer for another tech company with twice the pay, but my experience with SHI was positive.

Inside Sales Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Piscataway, NJ

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SHI International (Piscataway, NJ) in July 2010.

Interview

Started with a basic review of resume and skills over the phone. They called me in for a face to face interview a few days later. During this interview we again reviewed the resume. They described the workings of the company and what the job would entail. Went over any questions that i had. After this I was told to answer 5 basic questions on a computer that ensured i knew the basics of the business world and something about shi.

Account Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at SHI International in February 2011.

Interview

Overall it is was a positive interview process.

The recruiter and the Hiring Manager worked together to make the interview and the scheduling easy. The Recruiter contacted me via phone and after a quick screening offered to connect me with the hiring manager.

Had a good discussion with the hiring manager and gave me a very good overview of the team and the requirements.

Interview Questions

• Asked about my knowledge around different software/hardwareTechnology and licensing of those solutions within corporate enviroments   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SHI International in January 2012.

Interview

Very easy questions.

Interview Questions

Company pulled a bait and switch on the salary range. Very unethical. Terrible benefits. I was very appalled by the lack of integrity at this company.

Inside Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SHI International (Austin, TX) in January 2014.

Interview

Fast process. Applied and had a phone interview within two days of applying. Then invited to an in person interview which was scheduled a week after phone interview. Final decisions where made within 5 days of formal interview. They have a high employee turnover rate, so they are always hiring new people.