SHI International Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 19, 2017

2.3

Accounts Receivable Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Somerset, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at SHI International (Somerset, NJ) in June 2016.

Interview

Professionally handled interview. Met with a member of HR first followed by the head of the department. Afterwards, was given an assessment that was relatively easy. Offered a job about a week later. Would have preferred if they had alerted me to the assessment beforehand though. Met with all individuals one on one rather than in a group.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult challenge you've overcome?   Answer Question

Salary was too low. Was offered a better opportunity elsewhere

Accounts Receivable Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Somerset, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at SHI International (Somerset, NJ) in June 2016.

Interview

they called me in for a different position. you interview with recruiter then with two managers. if they like you youll take an online assessment. they will call you back to tell you you got the job pending background check

Interview Questions

• if you could be any isle in a grocery store which isle would you be?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Interview

I applied for a job on my university's job board, and was called by a recruiter about a week later. We talked on the phone briefly, and then we set up a longer phone interview for the following week. That lasted about a half hour, and we decided to move forward with a Skype interview with the recruiter and hiring manager. I got the offer about a week later, and accepted roughly two weeks after that. The whole process from application to acceptance was about a month and a half. Everything was very positive, the only reason I rated it as neutral was because The recruiter didn't send me some important information about the skype interview until the night before. She was very nice and apologetic about the situation though.

Interview Questions

• A time you've dealt with a difficult customer and how you handled the situation? How do you deal with rejection? Many sales based questions when talking with the hiring manager   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiating. Base salary is 30k with uncapped commission. It was a lower salary than other jobs I was looking at, but after talking to the manager and looking at salary reviews it appeared that most people earn around 45-50k in their first year

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SHI International in April 2016.

Interview

First there was a phone interview, it was pretty standard and easy. Then there was a final Skype interview where you talked to two different people. The interview was standard.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SHI International.

Interview

The interview was long and several people interviewed me. It was followed by providing some sample email responses. Asked normal questions. They are very big on hiring freshly out of college students. Also they hire in classes.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at SHI International.

Interview

Very Easy. They know that they are hiring mostly kids right out of college so the questions are very basic. You receive a phone call and that will be a brief 15 minute talk then they ask you to come in for an interview and you will met with two people separately. Then you will take a short quiz on your knowledge of sales and how you would conduct yourself with a customer.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SHI International (Austin, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

In-person Interview, pretty laid back. The person looked at my resume and ask me details about my previous sales experience. She went in-depth on how I would feel about making cold calls all day and how I would be able to handle those kinds of situations. Mostly, I think they are looking at your personality and if you are easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about making cold calls?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Somerset, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SHI International (Somerset, NJ) in March 2016.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SHI International.

Interview

Straight forward interview, standard questions. Met with HR and sales manager. Very simple interview process, not incredibly stressful. As long as you know what your typical interview questions are, just study up on those, be yourself, and you'll do just fine. Seems like a great company to work for, very nice offices.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SHI International (Austin, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

The hiring process at SHI was pretty straightforward. I met a recruiter at my college career expo and from there was invited to an on-campus interview. The recruiter was very friendly and approachable and basically wanted to know my personality and background. From there, I had a second interview with a hiring manager, and they went into more detail on what the job requires and the training process. It is a sales position, so many questions were related to sales. Overall, very good experience and both the recruiter and hiring manager made me feel at ease.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you faced rejection and how did you handle it?   Answer Question