SHI International Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SHI International Interview Questions

Updated Mar 24, 2017

2.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at SHI International (Austin, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

it begins with a phone interview, then a sit down with person from HR. if all of that goes well you'll meet with the hiring manager. then they do a background check etc.

Interview Questions

• Basic interview questions, same as any other interview   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SHI International (Austin, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed by the recruiter via phone for about 30 minutes, then I was invited to an interview on-premise. There, I interviewed first with the recruiter and then with the hiring manager. The hiring manager will try to scare you off a little bit, but stick to the script and talk about your experience and how you can be an asset to the company. I was given an offer about a week after my interview. They will ask you a lot about sales and cold-calling. As long as you stress that you are good on the phone, you should be good. I ended up declining the offer for another tech company with twice the pay, but my experience with SHI was positive.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SHI International (Austin, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

There was a lack of clarification during the email conversation and I actually showed up for an in person interview just to be told that the recruiter was not there. Afterwards, there was a short phone interview with the recruiter apologizing for the mix and then I was ask to come interview in person. The process was quick with more time spent going over my experience and resume.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about making a minimum of 50 cold calls a day?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at SHI International.

Interview

The interview process was very comfortable. I was called in and was interviewed by 2 individuals. After the interview I then had to complete a questionnaire. I wouldn't say it was challenging but indeed required you to use your problem solving skills in a situation that required immediate attention. After the interview I received a phone call that they wanted to proceed with the background check. Human resource was very helpful over phone/email they constantly stayed in touch with me and updated me on my status.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at SHI International (Austin, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

I got a call from the recruiter within 24 hours of my application. I went in the following day to interview. During my interview I met with the recruiter and shortly after had an interview with the hiring manager the same day. You get to walk around the floor and see the work environment Which was nice! I got an offer later that same day and started for days later. Overall turnaround from application to start date was less than a week!

Inside Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Somerset, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SHI International (Somerset, NJ) in August 2015.

Interview

You are interviewed by two people. A person from HR and a sales manager. Questions are not really hard at all and the interviewers are not intimidating they are friendly in fact. Well mine were. After the interview you go to a computer and do an exercise where you answer simulated customers via email and have to choose which email should be priority.

Accounts Receivable Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Somerset, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at SHI International (Somerset, NJ) in August 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by an member of SHI's HR department, had a brief phone interview highlighting my work and classroom experiences. I then was invited to a face-to-face interview with the HR employee I talked on the phone with, was given a tour, then met with a hiring manager and took a short skills test on basic accounting concepts and excel.

Interview Questions

• What can you tell me about SHI?   1 Answer
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SHI International (Austin, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview process was not bad at all. They had two people interview me separately. The first person was more so just trying to get to know me and my background while the second person asked more of the interview questions. Since it was for a sales position mostly questions about cold calling and sales and my personality.

Inside Sales Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at SHI International (Austin, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

I was contacted based on a referral by the recruiter, the conversation lasted about 30 minutes. I was asked to come in for a one on one. I spoke with the recruiter and then the hiring manager for the position. Total time was almost 2 hours. Then it took about 4 days for background check

Interview Questions

• What is going to make you get through hard long days of cold calling?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at SHI International (Austin, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

Really easy, phone interview, then two in person interviews on right after the other in the office. Really weird office they put you in. Didn't feel comfortable at all. They just asked basic what is your work experience, explain a time when you were challenged, and be prepared with examples. Like I said if you are intelligent, have a mild college degree you will be hired.

Interview Questions

• Basically just talk about yourself in the best way. Sound intelligent and you will get a job. They love suckers with a business degree.   Answer Question