SHI International Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SHI International Interview Questions

Updated Oct 12, 2017

2.3

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SHI International in April 2016.

Interview

First there was a phone interview, it was pretty standard and easy. Then there was a final Skype interview where you talked to two different people. The interview was standard.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SHI International.

Interview

The interview was long and several people interviewed me. It was followed by providing some sample email responses. Asked normal questions. They are very big on hiring freshly out of college students. Also they hire in classes.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at SHI International.

Interview

Very Easy. They know that they are hiring mostly kids right out of college so the questions are very basic. You receive a phone call and that will be a brief 15 minute talk then they ask you to come in for an interview and you will met with two people separately. Then you will take a short quiz on your knowledge of sales and how you would conduct yourself with a customer.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SHI International (Austin, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

In-person Interview, pretty laid back. The person looked at my resume and ask me details about my previous sales experience. She went in-depth on how I would feel about making cold calls all day and how I would be able to handle those kinds of situations. Mostly, I think they are looking at your personality and if you are easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about making cold calls?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Somerset, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SHI International (Somerset, NJ) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied for a job on my university's job board, and was called by a recruiter about a week later. We talked on the phone briefly, and then we set up a longer phone interview for the following week. That lasted about a half hour, and we decided to move forward with a Skype interview with the recruiter and hiring manager. I got the offer about a week later, and accepted roughly two weeks after that. The whole process from application to acceptance was about a month and a half. Everything was very positive, the only reason I rated it as neutral was because The recruiter didn't send me some important information about the skype interview until the night before. She was very nice and apologetic about the situation though.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SHI International.

Interview

Straight forward interview, standard questions. Met with HR and sales manager. Very simple interview process, not incredibly stressful. As long as you know what your typical interview questions are, just study up on those, be yourself, and you'll do just fine. Seems like a great company to work for, very nice offices.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SHI International (Austin, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

The hiring process at SHI was pretty straightforward. I met a recruiter at my college career expo and from there was invited to an on-campus interview. The recruiter was very friendly and approachable and basically wanted to know my personality and background. From there, I had a second interview with a hiring manager, and they went into more detail on what the job requires and the training process. It is a sales position, so many questions were related to sales. Overall, very good experience and both the recruiter and hiring manager made me feel at ease.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you faced rejection and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Accounts Receivable Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Somerset, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at SHI International (Somerset, NJ) in January 2016.

Interview

Overall Great Interview. Talked about benefits and compensation. Interviewer was down to earth and genuine. Definitely a great company. You go to the building. Beautiful building by the way. They give you a tour of the building. Ping Pong Table and Gym for the workers. Awesome work environment. Three weeks vacation and sick time for five years. 21 days after.

Interview Questions

• What do you know About the Company?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at SHI International (Austin, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

it begins with a phone interview, then a sit down with person from HR. if all of that goes well you'll meet with the hiring manager. then they do a background check etc.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SHI International (Austin, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed by the recruiter via phone for about 30 minutes, then I was invited to an interview on-premise. There, I interviewed first with the recruiter and then with the hiring manager. The hiring manager will try to scare you off a little bit, but stick to the script and talk about your experience and how you can be an asset to the company. I was given an offer about a week after my interview. They will ask you a lot about sales and cold-calling. As long as you stress that you are good on the phone, you should be good. I ended up declining the offer for another tech company with twice the pay, but my experience with SHI was positive.

Interview Questions

See What SHI International Employees Are Saying

StarStarStarStarStar   Current Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

Pros: “I joined SHI 5+ years ago as a recent college graduate with zero background in technology. I had no aspirations of working in tech sales and figured that this role would be a stepping...”“I joined SHI 5+ years ago as a recent college graduate with zero background in technology. I had no aspirations of working in tech sales and figured that this role would be a stepping stone to something bigger and better elsewhere. 5 years later, I am still at SHI and have never once considered leaving. I am a self-proclaimed perfectionist and am highly competitive, and SHI created a platform for me to effectively run my own business, leveraging hundreds of internal and external resources to grow my business and my brand. Senior leadership is highly engaged in the day to day business but provides me the freedom to execute my business in the way that aligns best with my personality and values. SHI is growing so quickly that there are always job openings across the country and consistent opportunities for promotion. SHI is also a huge proponent of promotion from within the company. Much like any role that is competitive and requires a strong work ethic and a positive attitude, people that do not share these values will not be successful at SHI. SHi is working to create a strong, uplifting culture focused on ongoing education and big-time internal growth. We are riding the tech bubble and are getting paid ridiculously well to do so. You get out of this job exactly what you put into it and if you walk into work every day with a positive attitude and a desire to learn and work hard, you will be successful here.” – Full Review