SITA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 23, 2017

2.7

19 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at SITA.

Interview

Took 2 weeks to get the initial meeting scheduled after the hiring manager asking TA to schedule the meeting. Then the TA lead missed the appointment. Then it took another week before rescheduling. Then 2 weeks went by and no updates despite me following up twice.

Selfish, inconsiderate and disregarding of the candidate experience. This interaction with SITA TA itself has turned me off from wanting to work there now or in the future.

Interview Questions

• TA spent too much time focusing on side projects and not the core job. I asked multiple questions about the core job but the conversation kept steering towards pet projects the TA person values and culture. And too much time proclaiming how great the person leaving the job was.   Answer Question

Oct 23, 2017 – Director, Global Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to write the review. Firstly, allow me to apologise for the negative experience you have had. Irrespective of the outcome, I would have hoped that you would have come... More

Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bohemia, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at SITA (Bohemia, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

They made a full review of my work experience, asking for as much details as possible from each project I have worked. The MsC degree contributed a lot but due to a lack of experience in Azure platform I was dismissed.

ITIL Service Transition Service Improvement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at SITA (Atlanta, GA) in May 2016.

Interview

Grueling, without a good reason - two hours in the middle of the day - could not arrange for another time. Difficult for an employed person to accommodate. Panel Interview first - described the initiative this role is for, then all the challenges they face trying to succeed at it. Then a second, one on one interview with a different manager.

Interview Questions

• Only situational questions - "Tell me about a time..." Nothing about my skills set or how I could help SITA accomplish its goals.   Answer Question

Jun 15, 2016 – Director, Global Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to provide us your feedback. I am passionate about creating a positive candidate experience throughout the entire recruitment process and I’m sorry that we have clearly... More

Manager- Technical Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SITA (Atlanta, GA) in August 2015.

Interview

Interview was highly technical on VHF operations, ground networks towards Airborne communications. It was a challenging interview and one needed to come well prepared.

On the flip side, it took SITA more than five months to get me a reimbursement for the rental car used to drive to their facility from the airport. It appears their HR processes aren't streamlined for timely reimbursement. Both the HR Talent Acquisition specialist and myself had completely lost hope on the reimbursement due to the complex procedures within the organization.

Interview Questions

• Q1. How would you trouble-shoot or, rectify a VHF ground issue?
      Q2. Where would you commence to troubleshoot?
      Q3. How would you manage the challenges within the organization?   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SITA (Atlanta, GA) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied for the job online. I was immediately called by the recruiting company who introduced my resume to the hiring manager. I had to answer several questions for the agency which was part of their screening process. They sent my resume & information to the hiring manager who had an initial telephone interview with me. I was then passed to the next level which was a SKYPE interview with the Geography President who apparently interviews all candidates they hire. From there I was flown to Atlanta to give a one-hour presentation and met face-to-face with 5 people on site.

Interview Questions

• Is sales an art or a science?   1 Answer

Senior Quality Assurance Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SITA in August 2014.

Interview

The Manager was professional and courteous and the phone screen went well. She advised me that the internal recruiter that I had spoken with would get back to me with the next steps in the process. It was a basic overall interview, not very heavy on the technical details, what you would expect for a round one.

Interview Questions

• I was able to answer all the technical questions with ease and came up with several good questions for the manager.   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at SITA (Montreal, QC (Canada)).

Interview

I had a 1st call with HR followed up by a call with the hiring manager and his colleague. I spent almost an hour on the phone on the 2nd call. No feedback/follow-up was provided from either HR or the hiring manager. Unprofessional firm.

Interview Questions

• Was asked many technical questions related to software development.   Answer Question

Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

Interview

People work there seemed to be nice and approachable. The HR department is a joke unfortunately and lack any sense of professionalism.If you try to get in touch with the HR employee after an interview they won't answer you at all! Even though you waited for weeks to get a feedback, they will just ignore you if they chosen another candidate.

Interview Questions

SITA Response

Oct 23, 2017 – Director, Global Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and experience. I believe we do have a great organization of individuals at SITA, however I’m disappointed to hear about your HR experience... More

European Talent Acquisition Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SITA (London, England (UK)) in August 2017.

Interview

Terrible, awful and arrogant candidate experience. I originally applied in January 2017 and exchanged some email messages with recruiters, but never heard anything back. I applied again in June and received a message in August to schedule a call with a recruiter. The call lasted 30 minutes where I had to answer situational questions relating to management, but there was no opportunity to ask any questions about the role. I had to break the call to go to another meeting as I had assumed this would be a simple two way conversation to assess fit. We arranged a second call where the same recruiter wanted to continue to ask further situational questions, by this time I had to change the course of the call and wanted to establish if this role would fit my career aspirations. I asked questions like 'who does this role report to', 'how big is the team', to which the interviewer responded I can find out the answers later in the process. The interviewer told me the call wasn't going well as I wasn't following the path of the call he wished to dictate.

If this is the experience for hiring for senior roles within the internal talent acquisition team, I have no hope for the process for all other candidates. Interviewing should be a two way experience and it's not unreasonable to ask questions about the job on a second phone call. I broke the call and decided to withdraw from the process. Five minutes after the call I received an automated email telling me I was rejected from the process. WOW

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a project you've launched?   1 Answer

Oct 23, 2017 – Director, Global Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I agree with you; the process should have been a two-way process for both of us and we have missed this opportunity. I’m disappointed you... More

Digital Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SITA.

Interview

The most ignorant recruiter in my experience! It was obvious that he is a contractor because he spent lots of time on irrelevant subjects such as the weather, his home town and the country I am from... His jokes about my nationality being the reason why I answer his questions in a "strange way" were offensive and rude. From the minute 2 I wanted to say "Thank you, I don't want the job anymore" so I decided to bring up a subject which usually is a deal-breaker: my need for work visa. Normally companies at least pretend that they need to check if they can do it and then come back to you with "no, we can't do it" or "we had better candidates for the role". That's the reaction I was hoping for but his immediate answer was: "We won't do it - I can tell you right now, we have shortlisted candidates that do not have this problem", So are you looking for the best candidate or the easy way to fill the roles? Also, being international company don't you feel like part of the global community where - oh my God - not every single person is British?!

Anyway, I had interviews with a dozen of companies and none have called my visa status a "problem". None have used word "strange" when referring to the way I express myself.

Never trust contractors in hiring talent for your business! They just want to hit the targets and they do not care about the image of your brand. Good luck to SITA with this kind of approach...

Interview Questions

• They were so concerned with my nationality and visa status that did not want to waste their time on actual questions after they figured out that I am not British   Answer Question

Oct 23, 2017 – Director, Global Talent Acquisition

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We aim to provide every candidate with a professional and fair interview which allows you to demonstrate your skills, experiences and abilities, and... More