SJSU Spartan Shops Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 20, 2017

1.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at SJSU Spartan Shops

Dining Common Member Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at SJSU Spartan Shops.

Interview

It was pretty simple. Applied online and received a call. General food handling questions. Like the ability to handle all types of food and beverages. And shift timing questions. Very easy

Front of House Interview

Interview

Extremely easy. The hiring manager asked really easy questions such as what is customer service or is it acceptable to be late. I was handed the job on the spot. Not difficult at all.The hiring manager asked really easy questions such as what is customer service or is it acceptable to be late. I was handed the job on the spot. Not difficult at all.

Bookstore Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SJSU Spartan Shops in August 2014.

Interview

Interview process was good but was very slow, got call after months of applying. but it was fun. Questions were 1) tell me about yourself. 2) As i told them that i worked in my dad's company so they ask me that can you share your experience if you had with any bizarre customer.

Interview Questions

• Every question they asked are general obsolete questions   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SJSU Spartan Shops (San Jose, CA) in July 2012.

Interview

-Super Easy
    -Just tell me about yourself and state your work experience

Floor Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SJSU Spartan Shops (San Jose, CA) in September 2011.

Interview

knew the manager, manager knew my work ethic and style, had worked with mngr prior ... was hired on the spot, no questions asked.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

not applicable

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at SJSU Spartan Shops (San Jose, CA) in August 2010.

Interview

Pretty simple actually. The application process, like most now, was done online via a standard questionnaire that doubles as a sort of mini interview before the main one. The type that is like a multiple choice quiz not too different from the ones used at Best Buy(but not as long).

After passing the questionnaire part of the interview I was called in for an actual interview. I met with one of the leads of the facility and we had the interview. General questions were asked such as employment history and what I do at the university, I was given a run down of all the tasks and potential things that may need to be done on the fly if I were to be employed.

Interview Questions

• There weren't really any, but I always get side ironed when they ask "when was a time you had to go above and beyond the call of duty".   Answer Question