SM Energy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

5.0

2 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior SQL Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SM Energy (Denver, CO) in June 2015.

Interview

What a weird experience! I interviewed for a SQL DBA position with a manager (whom I actually liked), a BI person, and an "entry level" DBA whom I was told "...has multiple roles here". All of the questions from the entry level were so uncomfortable I had to ask 3 times for him to repeat the question and/or look directly at the Manager to basically repeat clearly what this person was trying to ask. This person made absolutely no eye contact whatsoever and stared at the table or my resume the entire time. A question that should take 10 seconds to ask took him upwards of a solid minute or more. He went off into left field so badly it made my stomach hurt. IT WAS WEIRD! In addition, the BI person played with her phone half way through the interview,....RUDE!

These questions were the equivalent of asking me if I would know how to make a sandwich if I were starving. VERY INSULTING!!! The last question he stood up and starting raising his voice at me while staring at the floor. I had to calm him down by sticking out my hand, shaking his and slowly stating "You are ok, alright? You are OK!". Waste of time for a highly technical talented professional.

Interview Questions

• 1) Are you willing to sit in a meeting to help find out why code is running fast?
      2) If a VM went down, are you willing to help solve it with sysadmins?
      3) Are you willing to work with Microsoft products not related to SQL Server?   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Interview

Had a phone interview for 30 minutes. The interviewer seemed impressed and said she would call back in the next day or two. Never called me back. Never said anything. I hear this is a terrible place to work - so I wasn't taking the interview particularly serious.

Interview Questions

• None were difficult. The interviewer just talked endlessly about how fast they were growing - I wanted to laugh because oil is less than $50 a barrel now.   Answer Question