SMART Technologies Interview Questions in Calgary, AB | Glassdoor

2.7

19 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SMART Technologies (Calgary, AB (Canada)).

Interview

Multiple phone interviews, then an email questionnaire (editing worksheet), and finally, an in-person interview. In person interview was fine, but the lead up to the interview and the follow up afterwards was awful. No one would email me back or answer any questions. No response post-interview to tell me whether I got the job or not. When I didn't hear back, I assumed I didn't get it (obviously).

Interview Questions

• How would you handle getting an assignment from a superior that you didn't know how to do?   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SMART Technologies (Calgary, AB (Canada)).

Interview

The interview I did was OK, recruiter was friendly, but don't have much technical knowledge, such as IF statement in Excel, she did not know.

I heard this recent candidate phone interview experience was bad. The recruiter did not understand what the role does. Not prepared. When pulling out my resume a few minutes after phone interview had started. Very not professional.

Interview Questions

• very standard questions, such as why you apply this job, why you leave that job, job related knowledge. Oh well, all the recruiters I knew were all let go and quit. The currrent one I heard don't know what sales commission is. Candidates, please be prepare that SMART has very messy process.   Answer Question

Regional Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at SMART Technologies (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online; got a call about 10 days after asking for a phone interview the next day. After that, I came into the office for an in-person interview with the hiring manager and HR. A week after that, HR called me to schedule a fit interview with members of the team. The final step included completing a writing test and then they checked my references - culminating in an offer.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SMART Technologies (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in May 2015.

Interview

SMART uses the standard interview process, phone interview, in person interview and then fit interview with the team. It is relaxed and more of a conversation than using a set interview guide with the behavioral questions. They dig to see if you would fit with the high paced environment that is constantly changing.

Internal Communication Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at SMART Technologies (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in February 2015.

Interview

The whole interview process consisted of:
    - phone interview with recruiter
    - in-person interview with direct manager + recruiter
    - Fit interview with 3 members of prospective team
    - in-person interview with VP
    - offer

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your experience in internal communication.   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SMART Technologies (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in January 2015.

Interview

It was fairly simple no programming questions they just asked for new ideas on their current products. This involved telling them to add gyroscopes to their drawing pencils and more features.

NPI Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SMART Technologies (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in October 2014.

Interview

I was a co-op student at the team while the job opening was posted. My manager asked me to apply as I was graduating in 4 months.
    I emailed my resume to him directly and CC'd the HR team.
    I got interviewed in 3 days by him and the HR team.

Interview Questions

• How are you going to behave differently as a full time employee compared to a student?   1 Answer

Finance Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SMART Technologies (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in May 2014.

Interview

was easy but lengthy. The management was taking too much time to decide and needed to wait couple of months to get the offer. Only thing was at the final stage, meeting with the peers was really helpful to understand the people

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at SMART Technologies (Calgary, AB (Canada)).

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter, interview. Very solid. Spoke with Director via Skype, solid. Director visited my home town, interviewed in person, solid. Flew me to Calgary (international), interviewed up to President level (multiple Directors, CTO, Pres), solid. Discussed salary options and potential start dates on a Friday. Told to expect communication on Monday. On Tuesday, recruiter called and told me SMART had changed job focus and I would not be considered. Entire process - 2.5 months. Was hinted in several conversations, that I should consider holding off on other opportunities, if possible, due to strength for the position. Well - we know where that went.

Interview Questions

• none. actually the interviews were solid, focused, and enjoyable.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SMART Technologies (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in November 2012.

Interview

Applied through company website. First round of technical interview was about few object oriented concepts. They were tying to see your thought process. Technology did not matter. They were looking for problem solver and quick learners.

After a week, I had a second round of interview called the fit interview. It was more about talking about your previous work challenges. What kind of a work you like etc. I was presented two different teams to join with different technology involved. Both looked attractive posing different challenge, So I did not choose, I said that I am fine with both options.

Both the interviews were for 50 mins. Then I saw the company laid of lot of employees on the news in the next 10 days. Then I did not hear from them.

Interview Questions

• questions did not appear difficult to me. Due to the amount of my experience from a well known company, I guess they did not probe much and they focused on other aspects   Answer Question