SMART Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 6, 2017

2.7

Receptionist Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SMART Technologies (Seattle, WA) in February 2016.

Interview

The recruiter for this company is awful. She initially contacted me by phone and email to schedule a time to discuss the job. Scheduled a phone interview with me and did not call at scheduled day and time. I sent follow up emails to reschedule the phone interview. She told me by email that she would contact me with the day and time for a new phone interview. Finally, the next week I called her her office in Canada and finally talked to her about job. All the while, she keeps mentioning how busy she is and has run to another meeting. How rude and unprofessional. I get in person interview. The staff members I talked to were nice. Standard interview questions. Job was not offered to me. Okay, that is fine. A month later the recruiter finally sends me an update about the position. A month later.

Interview Questions

• How do you update an Excel spreadsheet in a PowerPoint presentation?   1 Answer

Education Solutions Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SMART Technologies (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

Interview with company recruiter first, District Manager second, do a presentation of 30/60/90 day plan with a team for the third interview. They gave a timeline to communicate, but did not keep to it and did not respond to inquiries. This was not the fault of the recruiter as much as the rest of the team.

Interview Questions

• Very focused on time management and customer service. Wanted to know a typical day and week   1 Answer

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at SMART Technologies (Seattle, WA) in November 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by HR via email requesting time for a phone interview. The phone interview was conducted by HR. I felt the interview went well and was told the next step would be an in-person interview with the two hiring managers. After several days, I had not heard any feedback and had another job offer to consider. I checked in with my contact and was enthusiastically ensured I was a viable candidate. They asked if I could hold off the other job offer for a week (which I did). They asked my interview availability (which was open). The week came and I did not hear from them so I went with the other job offer. This was unfortunate as I do think I would have enjoyed this position.

Interview Questions

• The interview questions were fairly standard, but in depth. It was a good give-and-take conversation and I felt like I learned alot of about the position. There is not one question that stood out. There were no behavioral interview questions. However, when I asked, they said there would most likely be behavioral interview questions with the hiring manager.   Answer Question

Ed Services Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SMART Technologies (Chicago, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

Brief Phone Interview with HR Manager for 20 minutes to review skills and personality.Very friendly and easy conversation style interview. It was phase one of the interview process and was informed that I would be contacted via email within 48 hours as to their decision to move to a phase 2 interview which would involve a 1 hour Skype interview with HR Manager and District Manager. HR did provide email of their decision within 48 hours.

Interview Questions

• What do you like and dislike the most about your current job.   Answer Question

Tech Lead Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at SMART Technologies in April 2014.

Interview

Terse, slow, and red flags were raised. A little dry and less revealing than others. Convoluted and often indecisive . But a great place to get a practice exam but not deeply technical. Flying to HQ is a good idea. More team members participating would allow for more insight into the culture.

Interview Questions

• Lots of probing questions about personal life seemingly to to avoid work/life balance.   Answer Question

Educational Sales Support Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SMART Technologies.

Interview

Initial interview with direct supervisor was excellent. Great report, very professional and informative. Second interview over Skype was challenging. With two others. wasn't clear their relationship to person being hired. referred to job description being emailed to me ahead of time, but I never received it. made it difficult to sound like I knew what I was talking about.

Interview Questions

• asked to create a presentation on a topic, wasn't clear what the topic had to do with the position.   Answer Question

ESM Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SMART Technologies in July 2012.

Interview

Interviewed with corp recruiter, then District manager, then phone interview with National Sales manager and then the offer. Took place over the course of about two months and was a pretty easy process back then. I was very excited about the prospect of working for SMART at the time as it was just a case of leaving my old employee to find something new and exciting. I also knew that SMART was in trouble financially bit I was willing to take the risk for my career as it was and always will be a good mark on my resume!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none, take it or leave it

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at SMART Technologies (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied through school's co-op program. Interview was very relaxed and easy, started off with topics off the resume and moved into more behavioural questions. Basically everything is based on your resume. The technical questions were incredibly easy. There were both theory and coding questions involved (coding question was much too easy)

Interview Questions

• How would you implement a search engine of your own? (How would you rank pages)   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SMART Technologies.

Interview

I applied through the company website and get an email from the technical manager within one week. Ask some questions to clarify something. When do you expect to receive your Master’s degree? When would you be available? I said I can full-time work in two months. But they need to hire developers that are available now.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SMART Technologies (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in November 2016.

Interview

In-campus interview (30 minutes long). It was very casual and easy going. Wasn't under any big pressure, casual interview with couple of technical interviews. The process itself wasn't too long, I got contacted shortly after I have applied (2 weeks-ish). There weren't any pre-screen phone interviews. Just directly to person to person interview.

Interview Questions

• Implement a data structure with with three methods.
      1) peek. See the top of the list.
      2) insert. Insert an element in the list
      3) get. get top of the element in the list and remove it.
      The list has to be sorted and peek will be used most often (70%) of the time. He also asked time complexity related to my answer and what can be improved in exchange of what
      Answer Question