SMART Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SMART Technologies Interview Questions

Updated Feb 6, 2017

2.7

Functional Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SMART Technologies in September 2014.

Interview

first a phone interview was conducted. Asked behavioural questions & past experiences with some technical questions. Took about 1 hour. They told next step was to have a face to face interview with their whole team. They contacted me after days & said I was selected. The other interview with the team to see if I fit with them well. There were some questions asked. It was overall a good process

Interview Questions

• Past work experience & situations faced   1 Answer

Negotiation

They met my expectation actually exceed it a little. I gave them my expectation & they gave an offer.

Educational Sales Support Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SMART Technologies.

Interview

Initial interview with direct supervisor was excellent. Great report, very professional and informative. Second interview over Skype was challenging. With two others. wasn't clear their relationship to person being hired. referred to job description being emailed to me ahead of time, but I never received it. made it difficult to sound like I knew what I was talking about.

Interview Questions

• asked to create a presentation on a topic, wasn't clear what the topic had to do with the position.   Answer Question

Technical Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at SMART Technologies (New Delhi (India)) in May 2012.

Interview

I can only say that if you have decided something in your life then don't look behind. accept little things don't ask to apply good habits and manners in you. always support true personality.
    I have more to say but I'll say now only this always trust god.

Interview Questions

• What is the mean of your name in Sanskrit?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about Smart Products.   1 Answer

Negotiation

i have never negotiation with my elders.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SMART Technologies (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in December 2009.

Interview

stressful, question-answer, nothing else.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SMART Technologies (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in November 2016.

Interview

In-campus interview (30 minutes long). It was very casual and easy going. Wasn't under any big pressure, casual interview with couple of technical interviews. The process itself wasn't too long, I got contacted shortly after I have applied (2 weeks-ish). There weren't any pre-screen phone interviews. Just directly to person to person interview.

Interview Questions

• Implement a data structure with with three methods.
      1) peek. See the top of the list.
      2) insert. Insert an element in the list
      3) get. get top of the element in the list and remove it.
      The list has to be sorted and peek will be used most often (70%) of the time. He also asked time complexity related to my answer and what can be improved in exchange of what   Answer Question

Software Developer Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at SMART Technologies (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in September 2015.

Interview

Applied online through my school's co-op office. Invited to an interview on campus with a developer from SMART Technologies. The interview lasted about 45 minutes with a mix of behavioural and technical questions. Interviewer was very personable and I enjoyed the interview as a whole. Asked a wide variety of questions.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SMART Technologies (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in May 2015.

Interview

SMART uses the standard interview process, phone interview, in person interview and then fit interview with the team. It is relaxed and more of a conversation than using a set interview guide with the behavioral questions. They dig to see if you would fit with the high paced environment that is constantly changing.

Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SMART Technologies (Calgary, AB (Canada)).

Interview

Multiple phone interviews, then an email questionnaire (editing worksheet), and finally, an in-person interview. In person interview was fine, but the lead up to the interview and the follow up afterwards was awful. No one would email me back or answer any questions. No response post-interview to tell me whether I got the job or not. When I didn't hear back, I assumed I didn't get it (obviously).

Interview Questions

• How would you handle getting an assignment from a superior that you didn't know how to do?   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SMART Technologies (Calgary, AB (Canada)).

Interview

The interview I did was OK, recruiter was friendly, but don't have much technical knowledge, such as IF statement in Excel, she did not know.

I heard this recent candidate phone interview experience was bad. The recruiter did not understand what the role does. Not prepared. When pulling out my resume a few minutes after phone interview had started. Very not professional.

Interview Questions

• very standard questions, such as why you apply this job, why you leave that job, job related knowledge. Oh well, all the recruiters I knew were all let go and quit. The currrent one I heard don't know what sales commission is. Candidates, please be prepare that SMART has very messy process.   Answer Question

Finance Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SMART Technologies (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in May 2014.

Interview

was easy but lengthy. The management was taking too much time to decide and needed to wait couple of months to get the offer. Only thing was at the final stage, meeting with the peers was really helpful to understand the people