SMART Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SMART Technologies Interview Questions

2.7

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SMART Technologies.

Interview

The interview process consisted of two phone interviews and one face to face interview. The process was very straight forward with clear detail provided prior to the interview. Most of the questions centered around my understanding of educational technology and its role in a k-12 classroom. There were also a number of questions regarding how I would handle various meetings with top level school officials.

Interview Questions

• Provided random scenario in working with a school division and asked how to handle.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation as the offer i received was good.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SMART Technologies.

Interview

I applied through the company website and get an email from the technical manager within one week. Ask some questions to clarify something. When do you expect to receive your Master’s degree? When would you be available? I said I can full-time work in two months. But they need to hire developers that are available now.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at SMART Technologies (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in December 2009.

Interview

The interviewers friendly, curteous, open and positive. This was probably the easiest interview I have ever had. The number one suggestion is to be relaxed and honest.

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SMART Technologies (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in January 2015.

Interview

It was fairly simple no programming questions they just asked for new ideas on their current products. This involved telling them to add gyroscopes to their drawing pencils and more features.

Software Test Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at SMART Technologies in September 2015.

Interview

The interviewer was super polite and liked to hear stories from my background. The interviewer also paid attention to the non-technical parts of my CV. He was interested in knowing about what I would do in my spare time. The interview did not seem very interrogative, but it was a pure conversation that lasted for an hour or so. Though, be prepared to discuss whatever you mentioned in your CV and don't underestimate the things deemed somewhat irrelevant to the job you are applying for.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to write a simple code in the language of my preference on the board.. Though, the interviewer picked on syntax errors. The coding was like 5% of the whole interview   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at SMART Technologies (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied through school's co-op program. Interview was very relaxed and easy, started off with topics off the resume and moved into more behavioural questions. Basically everything is based on your resume. The technical questions were incredibly easy. There were both theory and coding questions involved (coding question was much too easy)

Interview Questions

• How would you implement a search engine of your own? (How would you rank pages)   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SMART Technologies (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in November 2012.

Interview

Applied through company website. First round of technical interview was about few object oriented concepts. They were tying to see your thought process. Technology did not matter. They were looking for problem solver and quick learners.

After a week, I had a second round of interview called the fit interview. It was more about talking about your previous work challenges. What kind of a work you like etc. I was presented two different teams to join with different technology involved. Both looked attractive posing different challenge, So I did not choose, I said that I am fine with both options.

Both the interviews were for 50 mins. Then I saw the company laid of lot of employees on the news in the next 10 days. Then I did not hear from them.

Interview Questions

• questions did not appear difficult to me. Due to the amount of my experience from a well known company, I guess they did not probe much and they focused on other aspects   Answer Question

Software Developer Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at SMART Technologies (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in February 2013.

Interview

Applied through campus recruiter. Got an interview a week and a half after applying. Interviewer was great, very personable guy. There was one technical question, a couple of general questions about things he saw on my resume. Very good expierience overall. I followed up with a thank you and another question, and after a few back and forths he told me that they had chosen someone with some more expierience, however he said I did well in the interview and they would have been happy to hire me.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at SMART Technologies (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in October 2013.

Interview

Applied online for a university co-op work term through the internet. Received a response about 1 week later.

Interview was very easy. Most questions were testing general aptitude for programming, testing, and problem solving with some questions. Will ask only questions about subject that he thinks you should understand. For example, the job description wants Python, but if Python is not on your cover letter or resume, it will not be mentioned. If something like C++ is on your cover letter, prepare to talk about it.

Interview Questions

• How would you make sure that your search engine is a good one?   1 Answer

Software Development Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at SMART Technologies.

Interview

The company contacts the interviewees with Internship Coordinator. One interview, very easy questions. Focus on the skills used in the interviewer's team. Not a difficult interview.