SMART Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SMART Technologies Interview Questions

Updated Feb 6, 2017

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SMART Technologies (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in November 2016.

Interview

In-campus interview (30 minutes long). It was very casual and easy going. Wasn't under any big pressure, casual interview with couple of technical interviews. The process itself wasn't too long, I got contacted shortly after I have applied (2 weeks-ish). There weren't any pre-screen phone interviews. Just directly to person to person interview.

Interview Questions

• Implement a data structure with with three methods.
      1) peek. See the top of the list.
      2) insert. Insert an element in the list
      3) get. get top of the element in the list and remove it.
      The list has to be sorted and peek will be used most often (70%) of the time. He also asked time complexity related to my answer and what can be improved in exchange of what
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at SMART Technologies (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied through school's co-op program. Interview was very relaxed and easy, started off with topics off the resume and moved into more behavioural questions. Basically everything is based on your resume. The technical questions were incredibly easy. There were both theory and coding questions involved (coding question was much too easy)

Interview Questions

• How would you implement a search engine of your own? (How would you rank pages)   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SMART Technologies.

Interview

I applied through the company website and get an email from the technical manager within one week. Ask some questions to clarify something. When do you expect to receive your Master’s degree? When would you be available? I said I can full-time work in two months. But they need to hire developers that are available now.

Software Developer Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at SMART Technologies (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in September 2015.

Interview

Applied online through my school's co-op office. Invited to an interview on campus with a developer from SMART Technologies. The interview lasted about 45 minutes with a mix of behavioural and technical questions. Interviewer was very personable and I enjoyed the interview as a whole. Asked a wide variety of questions.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SMART Technologies (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in May 2015.

Interview

SMART uses the standard interview process, phone interview, in person interview and then fit interview with the team. It is relaxed and more of a conversation than using a set interview guide with the behavioral questions. They dig to see if you would fit with the high paced environment that is constantly changing.

Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SMART Technologies (Calgary, AB (Canada)).

Interview

Multiple phone interviews, then an email questionnaire (editing worksheet), and finally, an in-person interview. In person interview was fine, but the lead up to the interview and the follow up afterwards was awful. No one would email me back or answer any questions. No response post-interview to tell me whether I got the job or not. When I didn't hear back, I assumed I didn't get it (obviously).

Interview Questions

• How would you handle getting an assignment from a superior that you didn't know how to do?   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SMART Technologies (Calgary, AB (Canada)).

Interview

The interview I did was OK, recruiter was friendly, but don't have much technical knowledge, such as IF statement in Excel, she did not know.

I heard this recent candidate phone interview experience was bad. The recruiter did not understand what the role does. Not prepared. When pulling out my resume a few minutes after phone interview had started. Very not professional.

Interview Questions

• very standard questions, such as why you apply this job, why you leave that job, job related knowledge. Oh well, all the recruiters I knew were all let go and quit. The currrent one I heard don't know what sales commission is. Candidates, please be prepare that SMART has very messy process.   Answer Question

Finance Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SMART Technologies (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in May 2014.

Interview

was easy but lengthy. The management was taking too much time to decide and needed to wait couple of months to get the offer. Only thing was at the final stage, meeting with the peers was really helpful to understand the people

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at SMART Technologies (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied through UBC Science co-op program. It was a pleasant interview overall. We start with some introduction of company. Then, a self intro. Went over some personal projects. Did a pretty straight forward technical question. It was not a very hard interview. Good experience even though I did not get the offer at the end. 45 mins over all.

Education Solutions Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SMART Technologies (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

Interview with company recruiter first, District Manager second, do a presentation of 30/60/90 day plan with a team for the third interview. They gave a timeline to communicate, but did not keep to it and did not respond to inquiries. This was not the fault of the recruiter as much as the rest of the team.

Interview Questions

• Very focused on time management and customer service. Wanted to know a typical day and week   1 Answer