SMART Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SMART Technologies Interview Questions

2.7

Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SMART Technologies (Calgary, AB (Canada)).

Interview

Multiple phone interviews, then an email questionnaire (editing worksheet), and finally, an in-person interview. In person interview was fine, but the lead up to the interview and the follow up afterwards was awful. No one would email me back or answer any questions. No response post-interview to tell me whether I got the job or not. When I didn't hear back, I assumed I didn't get it (obviously).

Interview Questions

• How would you handle getting an assignment from a superior that you didn't know how to do?   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SMART Technologies (Calgary, AB (Canada)).

Interview

The interview I did was OK, recruiter was friendly, but don't have much technical knowledge, such as IF statement in Excel, she did not know.

I heard this recent candidate phone interview experience was bad. The recruiter did not understand what the role does. Not prepared. When pulling out my resume a few minutes after phone interview had started. Very not professional.

Interview Questions

• very standard questions, such as why you apply this job, why you leave that job, job related knowledge. Oh well, all the recruiters I knew were all let go and quit. The currrent one I heard don't know what sales commission is. Candidates, please be prepare that SMART has very messy process.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at SMART Technologies (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied through UBC Science co-op program. It was a pleasant interview overall. We start with some introduction of company. Then, a self intro. Went over some personal projects. Did a pretty straight forward technical question. It was not a very hard interview. Good experience even though I did not get the offer at the end. 45 mins over all.

Software Test Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at SMART Technologies in September 2015.

Interview

The interviewer was super polite and liked to hear stories from my background. The interviewer also paid attention to the non-technical parts of my CV. He was interested in knowing about what I would do in my spare time. The interview did not seem very interrogative, but it was a pure conversation that lasted for an hour or so. Though, be prepared to discuss whatever you mentioned in your CV and don't underestimate the things deemed somewhat irrelevant to the job you are applying for.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to write a simple code in the language of my preference on the board.. Though, the interviewer picked on syntax errors. The coding was like 5% of the whole interview   Answer Question

Software Developer Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at SMART Technologies (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in September 2015.

Interview

Applied online through my school's co-op office. Invited to an interview on campus with a developer from SMART Technologies. The interview lasted about 45 minutes with a mix of behavioural and technical questions. Interviewer was very personable and I enjoyed the interview as a whole. Asked a wide variety of questions.

Regional Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at SMART Technologies (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online; got a call about 10 days after asking for a phone interview the next day. After that, I came into the office for an in-person interview with the hiring manager and HR. A week after that, HR called me to schedule a fit interview with members of the team. The final step included completing a writing test and then they checked my references - culminating in an offer.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SMART Technologies (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in May 2015.

Interview

SMART uses the standard interview process, phone interview, in person interview and then fit interview with the team. It is relaxed and more of a conversation than using a set interview guide with the behavioral questions. They dig to see if you would fit with the high paced environment that is constantly changing.

Internal Communication Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at SMART Technologies (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in February 2015.

Interview

The whole interview process consisted of:
    - phone interview with recruiter
    - in-person interview with direct manager + recruiter
    - Fit interview with 3 members of prospective team
    - in-person interview with VP
    - offer

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your experience in internal communication.   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SMART Technologies (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in January 2015.

Interview

It was fairly simple no programming questions they just asked for new ideas on their current products. This involved telling them to add gyroscopes to their drawing pencils and more features.

NPI Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SMART Technologies (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in October 2014.

Interview

I was a co-op student at the team while the job opening was posted. My manager asked me to apply as I was graduating in 4 months.
    I emailed my resume to him directly and CC'd the HR team.
    I got interviewed in 3 days by him and the HR team.

Interview Questions

• How are you going to behave differently as a full time employee compared to a student?   1 Answer