SMART Technologies Software Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 25, 2017

2.0

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at SMART Technologies (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received interview in one week. The interview was good, we talked about my personal project and one OOD question. I enjoyed this interview but I did not get the offer from the company.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for SMART Technologies

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at SMART Technologies (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied through school's co-op program. Interview was very relaxed and easy, started off with topics off the resume and moved into more behavioural questions. Basically everything is based on your resume. The technical questions were incredibly easy. There were both theory and coding questions involved (coding question was much too easy)

Interview Questions

• How would you implement a search engine of your own? (How would you rank pages)   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SMART Technologies.

Interview

I applied through the company website and get an email from the technical manager within one week. Ask some questions to clarify something. When do you expect to receive your Master’s degree? When would you be available? I said I can full-time work in two months. But they need to hire developers that are available now.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SMART Technologies (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in November 2016.

Interview

In-campus interview (30 minutes long). It was very casual and easy going. Wasn't under any big pressure, casual interview with couple of technical interviews. The process itself wasn't too long, I got contacted shortly after I have applied (2 weeks-ish). There weren't any pre-screen phone interviews. Just directly to person to person interview.

Interview Questions

• Implement a data structure with with three methods.
      1) peek. See the top of the list.
      2) insert. Insert an element in the list
      3) get. get top of the element in the list and remove it.
      The list has to be sorted and peek will be used most often (70%) of the time. He also asked time complexity related to my answer and what can be improved in exchange of what   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at SMART Technologies (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied through UBC Science co-op program. It was a pleasant interview overall. We start with some introduction of company. Then, a self intro. Went over some personal projects. Did a pretty straight forward technical question. It was not a very hard interview. Good experience even though I did not get the offer at the end. 45 mins over all.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SMART Technologies (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in November 2012.

Interview

Applied through company website. First round of technical interview was about few object oriented concepts. They were tying to see your thought process. Technology did not matter. They were looking for problem solver and quick learners.

After a week, I had a second round of interview called the fit interview. It was more about talking about your previous work challenges. What kind of a work you like etc. I was presented two different teams to join with different technology involved. Both looked attractive posing different challenge, So I did not choose, I said that I am fine with both options.

Both the interviews were for 50 mins. Then I saw the company laid of lot of employees on the news in the next 10 days. Then I did not hear from them.

Interview Questions

• questions did not appear difficult to me. Due to the amount of my experience from a well known company, I guess they did not probe much and they focused on other aspects   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at SMART Technologies (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in December 2009.

Interview

The interviewers friendly, curteous, open and positive. This was probably the easiest interview I have ever had. The number one suggestion is to be relaxed and honest.