SMGI Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SMGI Interview Questions

2.0

Territory Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SMGI.

Interview

It was fairly professional. Intial phone interview to uncover basic information about your qualifications. Every question I had was answered and provided a sense of comfort that it wasn't a scam. Hopefully everything stated was truthful and its not a here today gone tomorrow company.

Interview Questions

SMGI Response

Nov 14, 2016 – Vice President

Thank you for taking the time to write a review! SMGI was founded in 2008 and we're not planning on going out of business anytime soon. We wish you the best of luck with achieving a position at SMGI... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SMGI (Philadelphia, PA) in May 2016.

Interview

I was contacted within a 1/2 hour of my on-line application. The HR rep called me, emailed and texted me. After speaking with her she then sets me up with another manager for a one on one in PA one week later. When I arrived the office was empty for the first 10 min. (strange)

Interview Questions

• When the blonde girl finally came out and brought me in one of the offices, all she did was talk about random trips the company takes and how fun. I made several attempts to discuss my qualifications and hear more about the actually position. That never happened because the receptionist cut us short. The blonde girl clearly did not know how to conduct a professional interview.
      If your over 25 yrs old with a brain, dont waste your time with this.   Answer Question

Jul 27, 2016 – HR Director

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Our hiring manager was clearly excited about the just-announced company incentive trip to Universal Studios, and she clearly shared that... More

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at SMGI (Pittsburgh, PA) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview process happened in two parts; a preliminary interview in the main office, and a second and final interview in the feild. It's a very simple process where the team lead evaluates your work experience and credentials. Then while in the field for the second part interview you are evaluated by the team lead on your ability to communicate with the public. As these are all essential traits to possess in this field it is something that is evaluated closely.

Interview Questions

SMGI Response

Mar 28, 2016 – HR Director

Thank you for writing this review regarding a portion of the vetting process. The recruiting department reviews hundreds of resumes daily for various positions within the 8 states and DC that we have... More

Territory Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Conshohocken, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at SMGI (Conshohocken, PA) in November 2015.

Interview

They explain the position very poorly to try and get you to start right away. They avoid talking about pay and benefits. This is commission only sales. They want you to dress in suits and the office is like a door to door sales office but they sell to apartments. I personally think it's weird and didn't like it. I felt taken advantage of.

Interview Questions

• This is a commission only position! Are you ok with that?   1 Answer

Oct 31, 2016 – HR Director

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your interview and employment experience!

One of the things that we are most proud of is that SMGI pays the highest base compensation in the... More

Anonymous Employee in Conshohocken, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at SMGI (Conshohocken, PA) in August 2015.

Interview

The impression that is made when first walking into the conshohocken office location is nothing less then professional.There is a gentleman waiting for you at the door. He is kind and very entertaining. He make you feel comfortable and less nervous about being interviewed and the interviewing process. When interviewing with Erica Payne the area manager for the company. She was highly intelligent, straight forward, and curious of the skill that I could bring to the company. Also a brief description of the positions was given in the interview. Key details second round hope I make it. But overall the atmosphere of the company after leaving I felt as tho This company is able to give me room for growth, new opportunities within the company positions wise, and a welcoming environment in which it make you desire to become part of this growing company.

Interview Questions

• What where some skills that I could bring to the company. And how do they help with my work.   Answer Question

Dec 3, 2015 – Administrator

Hello,

Thank you for this great review! We really appreciate it!

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at SMGI in July 2015.

Interview

I had a first round interview and a second round job shadow. Both of the interviews were with my manager, Jake. The first interview was very focused on what I wanted in a job and what my goals were. The job shadow was fun. I got to meet lots of people and see what a typical day was like.

Interview Questions

• What are the top 3 things that I am looking for in a career change?   1 Answer

Jan 5, 2016 – Administrator

Hello,

I am glad you had a good experience and are now apart of our team! Thank you for your review!

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at SMGI.

Interview

Phone screen. HR wouldn't tell me exactly what the company did, when they explained the role "You'd be going to different accounts within apartment buildings, neighborhoods, etc, facilitating relationships", and when I asked "so this is pretty much door to door sales, right?", she told me flat out "No, I guess you aren't understanding my explanation."

Stay away unless you really need the money.

Interview Questions

• Do you have a car? (Biggest tip-off for these "multi-level marketing" aka door to door sales scams.)   Answer Question

May 26, 2015 – Administrator

Hello, the recruiter you spoke with was correct about the position not being a "door to door salesman". The position you applied for was most likely a "Territory Manager" which... More

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at SMGI (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

Interveiw process was good. 2 30 minute interveiws. Albert is a very nice guy told me about position and opportunities for advancements. I deff would recomend this company. I didn't start yet but I have a good feeling about it

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at SMGI.

Interview

"Account Executive" is HILARIOUSLY INACCURATE. A more accurate job description would be "standing under a tent at Wal-Mart trying to sell Verizon Fios to people who just bought a can of corn" (which is pretty much the exact words of the interviewer) which is fine and perfect for someone in high school, not a college graduate with actual real world experience.

I was contacted by HR about this position and over the phone it was described as "meeting and consulting with clients to brainstorm ideas about how to sell their product or service," under that description I assumed it was an office consultant job. I thought "okay I'll go in for the interview just to check it out" and I knew within less than 2 minutes that something was off. I was highly overqualified and their job title was highly over-inflated. I graduated with a degree in finance and worked in the public and private sector for 4 years awarding and managing contracts up to $10,000,000 so I thought "Account Executive" was an appropriate job title, but in reality this is literally just a salesperson job as stated before; instead of going door-to-door like some of the previous reviews you stand under a tent in public places trying to sell a service.

SMGi seriously needs to revise their job title or they won't be finding the type of people they need. I left within 10 minutes because I think the interviewer and I both knew this wasn't the type of job or fit I was looking for or what they were looking for.

Marketing Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at SMGI.

Interview

On the first interview they ask you general questions. The only reason they have a first interview is to try and make it look professional. Almost everyone passes the first one. After that they invite you to the second interview where they take you out to show you your daily function

It was a door-to-door sales position wrapped up as a marketing position