SMRT Management Trainee Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SMRT Management Trainee Interview Questions

Updated Dec 15, 2016

3.4

Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SMRT.

Interview

1 group case study interview where you need to try to stand out within a group of 5-6 people.
After that they will invite you back for a panel interview with 2 interviewer and 3 interviewee.

Interview Questions

• What will you do if one of the subordinate committed theft?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for SMRT

Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SMRT.

Interview

3 stages, IQ test, Group and Individual case study and lastly interview

2nd round mostly on case study, try to shine during group case study.
    3rd round is 3 to 1 interview. Will be messy and lack of chance to talk

Interview Questions

• 2nd round mostly on case study, try to shine during group case study.
      3rd round is 3 to 1 interview. Will be messy and lack of chance to talk
      Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SMRT.

Interview

1st online test, consist of numerical test, verbal reasoning test,logical test and situation judgement. 2nd technical test, structured questions, few questions given, choose one to answer (Engineering questions) + group case study, more of a simulation of a manager meeting (Simple business question), 3rd panel interview 2 interviewer is to 3 interviewee.

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at SMRT (Singapore (Singapore)) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at SMRT Singapore
    Interview
    1st round is online test, 2nd round is a Assessment Centre, 6 person per group, and 3rd round is a panel interview with one HR manager and one Senior management, 3 people per group. there is also a workshop tour and company presentation before the 3rd round of interview.

Interview Questions

• ask question based on the case given and the solution you provided   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SMRT (Singapore (Singapore)) in October 2015.

Interview

I apply through campus, the first round is a half-day so-called "assessment center" containing a written exercise of vehicle knowledge, following a 1 hour group assignment to discuss then present to two judges/interviewers. There should be one or two more rounds, but I was not shortlisted afterwards.

Interview Questions

• first round is a half-day assessment centre, need some vehicle related knowledge, no questions.   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

Interview

3 Stages:
    - online assessment
    - assessment center
    - interview

Final interview is done in group. Interviewers are friendly. Questions were asked to find out more about you and how you would fit into the company.

There are still a lot of candidates left even at the final stage.

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kim Chuan (Singapore)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at SMRT (Kim Chuan (Singapore)) in April 2014.

Interview

4 rounds of hiring process:
    1. Resume Screening
    2. Online Assessment, where candidate are required to do it at their own convenience for a specific period of time
    3. Assessment Centre (Part 1- Individual Case that lasts 30 minutes, Part 2- Group discussion and presentation with people you have not met that lasts about 1 hr)
    4. Final Interview (2 Interviewer from senior management to 3 interviewee)

Interview Questions

• Not exactly, but I am generally not in favor of final interview as a group, as one would have to take turn for every questions asked by the interviewer which can take a very long time   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SMRT in May 2013.

Interview

Group Assessment Centre followed by interview with management

Interview Questions

• Self introduction, choose a topic and draw a picture and explain it, followed by essay   Answer Question

Already had an offer. Declined interview with management

Management Trainee Interview

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at SMRT in May 2012.

Interview

First round: Assessment center. Split into groups and did the usual tests
    Second round: Panel interview. 1 Hr and 3 others. 1 will ask you all the questions while the rest observe. The questions are tough and the purpose is to stress you out and see how you react

Interview Questions

• Tell me more about yourself   1 Answer

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at SMRT (Singapore (Singapore)) in May 2011.

Interview

A debate, followed by a written test on a topic. Followed by a IQ / verbal math test. Followed by a panel interview with senior management.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Fixed benefits so not much negotiation