SMS Management & Technology Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SMS Management & Technology Interview Questions

2.8

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at SMS Management & Technology.

Interview

4 rounds of peer interviews. Overall process took 8 weeks from initial conversations to finally starting.

Interview Questions

• Examples: How many siblings do you have? What do your parents do?   1 Answer

Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brisbane (Australia)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SMS Management & Technology (Brisbane (Australia)) in July 2014.

Interview

1. Interview with M&T Resources - Basic details, tell about yourself, how long you worked as consultant and gave details about the company. 2. Technical Interview - half an hour telephonic interview 3. Practice Manager - Consultancy related questions 4. Regional Director - Explained about company and where they stand in the market

Graduate Advisory Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at SMS Management & Technology (Melbourne (Australia)) in September 2017.

Interview

Very efficient and professionally run. 4 weeks to complete all stages to final interview. Psychometric tests and video interview were as expected. Assessment Centre was run by external company but very well managed. Final Interview with 2 employees of SMS

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to adapt to an unplanned change and how did you go about it.   Answer Question

Graduate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at SMS Management & Technology (Melbourne (Australia)).

Interview

4 rounds:
    1 x HR
    1 x Technical Interview
    1 x Aptitude Test
    1 x Final interview with senior manager to understand "cultural fit"

Interview Questions

• Long interview process. Aptitude test can be worked around depending on your relationship with the hiring manager.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Salary is discussed in the first interview (range). Negotiation after that is usually not accepted and usually results in no further offers.

Finance Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SMS Management & Technology (Melbourne (Australia)) in February 2015.

Interview

1 round HR then last round with Client Services Manager and Team leader
    HR doesn't actually know the nature of the job but asked like they're hiring the next CEO for just a admin role. Last round with Client services manager and team leader was kind of normal

Interview Questions

• Asked about relevant experiences   1 Answer

IT Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SMS Management & Technology (Melbourne (Australia)) in March 2012.

Interview

Riduculous Interview process
    very time consuming
    No proper correspondance
    One stupid test

sms has 4 stage interview process - amongst which they have a "special" test , this test is very unique , The percentage needed is very high ( sms wont say what this is nor they declare on how much you have scored ) but its mandatory that you pass this test

suggestion : If you get a call from these guys , ask them that you will do the test first - save yourself time and effort

Do not recommend them at all

IT Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SMS Management & Technology.

Interview

Interviewer is a capability lead for one of the leading technology streams. She wanted a Skype Interview, but she doesn't want to show her face but requested me to turn on my video. It was like a police interrogation, people can see you but you can't see them. She didn't have respect for talent and all she sounded like all they care about is number of years of experience you carry. Essence of her interview felt like if it took 10 years for her to get to Senior Consultant no one should get a similar role in 5 years. There is no proper reason given for rejection.

Interview Questions

• what if there are no projects for you ?   1 Answer

IT Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at SMS Management & Technology (Melbourne (Australia)) in July 2011.

Interview

3 interview process, each interview focusing on the different levels within the business. Gives you a great opportunity to see how they operate and to meet a few interesting people.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very good. Came very close to the offer I put forward and I accepted the response. No real drama.

Service Desk Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SMS Management & Technology (Sydney (Australia)) in February 2016.

Interview

First the HR called in and had a nice phone interview. After a week's gap, another phone interview with their team manager. After another week's waiting one on one interview with the team manager. For all the phone interviews, the calls were not on time and had to wait at least 10-15 mins for the phone call. For face to face interview I had to wait around 30 mins outside the office. Not the very best management for interviewing. And am still waiting for the outcome.

Interview Questions

• Interviewer asked me about my previous and current job role and responsibilities.   Answer Question

Principal Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SMS Management & Technology.

Interview

Telephone screening interview
    HR Interview
    Practice Manager Interview

Was referred by friend. Was not provided with a job description at any point in the process.

Interviewed by a practice manager in another state by Skype. Other participant did not reveal himself on video due to "technical issues".

The feedback that I received did not reflect the interview I participated in and had the air of someone finding excuses to not hire rather than actual useful feedback.

I raised a topic in interview on area that I had studied academically. Feedback post interview was that I lacked practical experience in the subject. Again I had not seen the JD so that this was now a hiring criteria was bizarre.

Was told I did not have enough business development experience in last role. Disregarding the over half a billion dollars worth of business development that I had achieved in prior roles.

At all stages prior to this interview I was told how SMS was trying to change and be more dynamic. The disconnect between the feedback and the prior interviews made it feel like some power game was being played out behind the scenes.

Not a great experience and not encouraging.