SMS Management & Technology Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 3, 2017

3.1

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SMS Management & Technology (Melbourne (Australia)) in April 2017.

Interview

Well . . . . that was odd. The interview wasn't anything special, but I noticed that they used consultants to staff their reception desk. Really? Do I really want to be doing that if they make me an offer?

Seeing that on the way in kind of put me off, and I zoned out during the interview. I might give these guys a miss.

Interview Questions

• Standard stuff . . . nothing out of the ordinary   1 Answer

Principal Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SMS Management & Technology.

Interview

Telephone screening interview
    HR Interview
    Practice Manager Interview

Was referred by friend. Was not provided with a job description at any point in the process.

Interviewed by a practice manager in another state by Skype. Other participant did not reveal himself on video due to "technical issues".

The feedback that I received did not reflect the interview I participated in and had the air of someone finding excuses to not hire rather than actual useful feedback.

I raised a topic in interview on area that I had studied academically. Feedback post interview was that I lacked practical experience in the subject. Again I had not seen the JD so that this was now a hiring criteria was bizarre.

Was told I did not have enough business development experience in last role. Disregarding the over half a billion dollars worth of business development that I had achieved in prior roles.

At all stages prior to this interview I was told how SMS was trying to change and be more dynamic. The disconnect between the feedback and the prior interviews made it feel like some power game was being played out behind the scenes.

Not a great experience and not encouraging.

Service Desk Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SMS Management & Technology (Sydney (Australia)) in February 2016.

Interview

First the HR called in and had a nice phone interview. After a week's gap, another phone interview with their team manager. After another week's waiting one on one interview with the team manager. For all the phone interviews, the calls were not on time and had to wait at least 10-15 mins for the phone call. For face to face interview I had to wait around 30 mins outside the office. Not the very best management for interviewing. And am still waiting for the outcome.

Interview Questions

• Interviewer asked me about my previous and current job role and responsibilities.   Answer Question

IT Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SMS Management & Technology.

Interview

Interviewer is a capability lead for one of the leading technology streams. She wanted a Skype Interview, but she doesn't want to show her face but requested me to turn on my video. It was like a police interrogation, people can see you but you can't see them. She didn't have respect for talent and all she sounded like all they care about is number of years of experience you carry. Essence of her interview felt like if it took 10 years for her to get to Senior Consultant no one should get a similar role in 5 years. There is no proper reason given for rejection.

Interview Questions

• what if there are no projects for you ?   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SMS Management & Technology.

Interview

Had 2 one on one interviews, haven't heard anything back since. Questions were fairly straightforward - nothing out of the ordinary. Primarily related to current and previous experiences, with a bit of discussion regarding university. Both interviewers made the environment quite comfortable which is always nice.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at SMS Management & Technology.

Interview

4 stage Interview process
    Rejected in the 3rd Round. The interviewers had no idea what they trying to ask.The interview actually went in no direction. The feedback I received was they werent able to identify my strengths.

IT Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SMS Management & Technology (Melbourne (Australia)) in March 2012.

Interview

Riduculous Interview process
    very time consuming
    No proper correspondance
    One stupid test

sms has 4 stage interview process - amongst which they have a "special" test , this test is very unique , The percentage needed is very high ( sms wont say what this is nor they declare on how much you have scored ) but its mandatory that you pass this test

suggestion : If you get a call from these guys , ask them that you will do the test first - save yourself time and effort

Do not recommend them at all