SMS Management & Technology Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 12, 2017

2.8

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SMS Management & Technology (Sydney (Australia)).

Interview

Bait and switch. +Applied for a full time role. +Four interviews over seven weeks. +Was offered a 3 month contract. +Recruitment firm M&T didn't answer emails when I expressed my disappointment/annoyance at this deception. +Principal Consultant promised the contract would be converted to a perm - never happened.

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SMS Management & Technology (Sydney (Australia)) in March 2015.

Interview

I went through M and T for a contract role. Interview was fair, as for hiring a body shop resource if you have the right skills then they pretty much put you forward for the role.

Got converted to a perm afterwards and had a few meetings with some managers but having already worked as a contractor this made the process quite a breeze.

In my opinion it is easier to go down this path as I have heard of the very gruelling formal interview process for a perm role

Interview Questions

• Just your overall skills and experience(was going for a technical role)   Answer Question

Negotiation

N/A

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brisbane (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SMS Management & Technology (Brisbane (Australia)) in January 2012.

Interview

HR interview
    Interview with Consultant
    Interview with account director
    interview with managing director

interviews were approx. 45 mins - 1 hr and were not difficult at all
    some other consultants took technical interviews

interviews were approx. 45 mins - 1 hr and were not difficult at all
    some other consultants took technical interviews

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at SMS Management & Technology (Sydney (Australia)).

Interview

8 week, four interviews.
    1 for referral
    2 with HR over phone
    3 with HR personal
    4 Account manager HR
    5 SME
    6 Practice Manager
    7 Regional Director

Interview Questions

• two consulting firms are engaged at the client site, how you wil handle the situation when both has shared resources and competing priorities   1 Answer

Negotiation

simple, what I asked got it

Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brisbane (Australia)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SMS Management & Technology (Brisbane (Australia)) in July 2014.

Interview

1. Interview with M&T Resources - Basic details, tell about yourself, how long you worked as consultant and gave details about the company. 2. Technical Interview - half an hour telephonic interview 3. Practice Manager - Consultancy related questions 4. Regional Director - Explained about company and where they stand in the market

Service Desk Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SMS Management & Technology (Sydney (Australia)) in February 2016.

Interview

First the HR called in and had a nice phone interview. After a week's gap, another phone interview with their team manager. After another week's waiting one on one interview with the team manager. For all the phone interviews, the calls were not on time and had to wait at least 10-15 mins for the phone call. For face to face interview I had to wait around 30 mins outside the office. Not the very best management for interviewing. And am still waiting for the outcome.

Interview Questions

• Interviewer asked me about my previous and current job role and responsibilities.   Answer Question

BA Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at SMS Management & Technology in February 2010.

Interview

I applied directly and called the HR contact person. She had a short chat on the phone, the asked me to come see her in person for about an hour next day. After the meeting, she informed me that I was up for 2nd level interview with a delivery manager, took it within 3 days. Same day, HR informed me that I was up for 3rd and 4th level interview and scheduled it in 4 days time, both on the same day. Made me an offer within 2 hours of leaving the office. Told me a start date.
    Very professional and impressive process.
    With HR - 1st interview was for cultural fit.
    With Delivery manager - 2nd interview was about my work experience.
    With Account Manager - 3rd interview was about my work experience.
    With Regional Director - 4th interview was very general, nothing about the CV - what I'm looking for in my new job, goals. Any question about SMS? What to expect?

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

IT Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at SMS Management & Technology (Melbourne (Australia)) in July 2011.

Interview

3 interview process, each interview focusing on the different levels within the business. Gives you a great opportunity to see how they operate and to meet a few interesting people.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very good. Came very close to the offer I put forward and I accepted the response. No real drama.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at SMS Management & Technology.

Interview

Three interview process:
    1. Meet up with HR and answer some basic questions about your career history and where you want to go. Decide which Practice you want to join.
    2. Meet up with an Account Director or Practice Leader and answer some basic questions.
    3. Meet up with an Account Director or Regional Leader and answer some more in-depth situational questions.

Interview Questions

• Do you think you're smart?
      I know a lot of people around this town, and I asked a few of them if they knew your name. None of them knew you, why is that? And is that a good or bad thing?
      Answer Question

Negotiation

I asked them for a figure about $10k more than I wanted. We negotiated down to the figure I wanted.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SMS Management & Technology.

Interview

They want to extend network so ask about clients you know, how you can bring clients, who can bring in as client.
    First meet with HR manager and answer the usual questions about your career history and what are you aspirations
    Second to meet with an Account Director or Practice Manager and another consultant.

Interview Questions

• Ask about weakness, how you deal with them, dealing with difficult situations, type of projects you have worked on, unexpected situations and how you deal with it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much negotiation. Gave and offer and no negotiation