SMS Management & Technology Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SMS Management & Technology Interview Questions

Updated May 3, 2017

2.8

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SMS Management & Technology (Melbourne (Australia)) in April 2017.

Interview

Well . . . . that was odd. The interview wasn't anything special, but I noticed that they used consultants to staff their reception desk. Really? Do I really want to be doing that if they make me an offer?

Seeing that on the way in kind of put me off, and I zoned out during the interview. I might give these guys a miss.

Interview Questions

• Standard stuff . . . nothing out of the ordinary   1 Answer

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at SMS Management & Technology (Melbourne (Australia)) in February 2017.

Interview

Absolutely brilliant and highly organised.
    4 interviews took place.
    Was given as much information as possible regarding the next steps.
    Technical interview was advanced, filled with a multitude of different questions based on previous experience.
    Absolute pleasure.
    Great communication from the resourcing team, from the initial resource manager to the final documentation and administration handling.
    Probably the best interview process I've been involved in.

Interview Questions

• The first interview was from a member of H.R..
      The second interview was a panel discussion of advanced technical question and related projects from my past experience.
      The third interview was around my aspirations, goals and future with SMS.
      The Fourth interview was based around further experience and the projects I'd be involved in.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SMS Management & Technology (Sydney (Australia)) in November 2016.

Interview

1 Phone Interview and three face to face interviews. After the initial phone interview, I was invited for the first face to face interview. It was with the Practice lead and I was asked technical questions. After that, I was invited for 2 more interviews with managers. The overall process was good and the recruiter kept me up to date throughout.

Principal Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SMS Management & Technology.

Interview

Telephone screening interview
    HR Interview
    Practice Manager Interview

Was referred by friend. Was not provided with a job description at any point in the process.

Interviewed by a practice manager in another state by Skype. Other participant did not reveal himself on video due to "technical issues".

The feedback that I received did not reflect the interview I participated in and had the air of someone finding excuses to not hire rather than actual useful feedback.

I raised a topic in interview on area that I had studied academically. Feedback post interview was that I lacked practical experience in the subject. Again I had not seen the JD so that this was now a hiring criteria was bizarre.

Was told I did not have enough business development experience in last role. Disregarding the over half a billion dollars worth of business development that I had achieved in prior roles.

At all stages prior to this interview I was told how SMS was trying to change and be more dynamic. The disconnect between the feedback and the prior interviews made it feel like some power game was being played out behind the scenes.

Not a great experience and not encouraging.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brisbane (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SMS Management & Technology (Brisbane (Australia)) in January 2012.

Interview

HR interview
    Interview with Consultant
    Interview with account director
    interview with managing director

interviews were approx. 45 mins - 1 hr and were not difficult at all
    some other consultants took technical interviews

interviews were approx. 45 mins - 1 hr and were not difficult at all
    some other consultants took technical interviews

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SMS Management & Technology (Sydney (Australia)) in March 2015.

Interview

I went through M and T for a contract role. Interview was fair, as for hiring a body shop resource if you have the right skills then they pretty much put you forward for the role.

Got converted to a perm afterwards and had a few meetings with some managers but having already worked as a contractor this made the process quite a breeze.

In my opinion it is easier to go down this path as I have heard of the very gruelling formal interview process for a perm role

Interview Questions

• Just your overall skills and experience(was going for a technical role)   Answer Question

Negotiation

N/A

Principal Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at SMS Management & Technology (Sydney (Australia)).

Interview

Applied via employee referral process. 4 conversational style interviews over about 6 weeks including HR, Capability Lead, Practise Manager, Regional Director. Process was a bit chaotic. Bait and switch - offered me a different role to that advertised and not negotiable on offer.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a consultant, what do you think consulting is   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at SMS Management & Technology (Sydney (Australia)) in January 2015.

Interview

Very Elaborate. 4 - 6 rounds.
    Had 4 rounds of one on one interview and 2 case studies. Case studies were based on real customer experiences which you can easily relate to.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SMS Management & Technology (Melbourne (Australia)) in January 2016.

Interview

-First Interview was a HR interview to check whether you are fit to the Company. It is not a difficult one, if you have the experiences that are required for the vacancy. HR will question on what you have done in the past, future carrier plans and why you are choosing SMS…

-Second interview is with Practice Lead. Again it is not a very difficult one, if you have played the role in the past. It is mainly based on your resume, past project experiences and technologies.

-Third interview is with a Delivery Manager. They are trying to identify your skills and capabilities. If your skills are demanding and what they are looking for, you have a high chance to get selected for the vacancy.

Overall interviews are not difficult.

Interview Questions

• First Interview - HR will question on what you have done in the past, future carrier plans and why you are choosing SMS…   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SMS Management & Technology (Melbourne (Australia)).

Interview

3 rounds of interviews and in the end they gave an offer 15% lower than what was originally discussed (before any interviews took place) and they advised that this was not negotiable. Quite the waste of time considering it was 3 rounds of interviews. Would recommend anyone interviewing with them to manage this tightly from the start else they'll end up trying to take advantage of you and possibly your situation. Very unprofessional to have an offer deviate 15% from what was initially discussed.