SNAP Interactive Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SNAP Interactive Interview Questions

3.2

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SNAP Interactive (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview was in 3 steps: phone screen with HR and line manager, meeting in person with line manager and finally chat with a panel of 3 employees that I would often interact with. Communication with HR was very smooth throughout the process. For certain roles, you will need to take a test after the phone screen or during your first meeting in person.

Digital Marketing Strategist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SNAP Interactive in August 2015.

Interview

After I applied, they responded with a challenge that involved doing work that could actually be put to use by SNAP, without getting paid or hired. The challenge didn't involve hypotheticals, it involved one of two products that's owned by SNAP.

I've interviewed with other companies that asked each candidate to do a challenge. One even took over 40 hours to do and required a lot of personal sacrifice. I worked on it during a hurricane without electricity nor internet access was forced to fight for a power outlet at the library. I was willing to do that work partially because I knew that the challenges were hypothetical, were meant to demonstrate my thinking style without being used directly by the company.

This challenge is unethical and sets the relationship between employee and employer off to a very bad start. I will not answer the challenge, and any potential candidates for SNAP Interactive and any other company should beware of companies that want them to do actual (as in non-hypothetical) work for free.

Interview Questions

• Our goal is to grow The Grade in New York City through cost-efficient and creative ways that are scalable. Our target users are 18-35 New York-based singles, interested in a high-quality dating product.

With a minimal budget, let’s say $10K/month, can you outline what ideas you would want to implement in order to grow the Grade in the most cost-efficient manner. Describe why you think each one is a good idea and describe any experience you have, if any, implementing them?
      1 Answer

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at SNAP Interactive (New York, NY) in August 2014.

Interview

I interviewed several months ago for a senior product position and have thoughts that may help others.

After a few promising interviews with leadership over many weeks with AYI, giving a detailed strategy spec assignment, and discussing material ideas, I believe that the company moved on but implemented a handful of my ideas, which I spend quite some time illustrating for them.

It was my choice to give and perhaps it's a few coincidences but I find it disheartening. I know of a few ideas that they were not aware of, but have now been implemented.

Meeting with others in this space, they tell me of similar infringements they are accusing this company of and have contacted them for. Of course, this is ongoing and not confirmed, but this is very disappointing because, I really wanted to like this company, and I thought I did.

Interview Questions

• Create spec assignment. General product and industry expertise questions.   Answer Question

Junior Linux Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at SNAP Interactive (New York, NY) in November 2013.

Interview

Thorough interview questions and process. Great to meet with pretty much the key people you'll interact most with instead of coming back for multiple interviews. The feeling I got of the company is that the people and team are all very friendly. They spend a lot of time together both during work hours and after; pros and cons to that but being able to have a good relationship with the people you work with is a very very important factors to having a great job.

Interview Questions

• Technical test: simple questions such as read/write permissions?   1 Answer

Project Management Interview

Interview

The interview was done by professionals that are not familiar with the field.

Chief Financial Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SNAP Interactive (New York, NY) in October 2011.

Interview

One of the things I was impressed with is that SNAP spends a lot of time making sure they make the right hires. In a smaller company, especially one that is growing quickly, it is important that each member of the team is properly vetted so that there is cohesion amongst the team members and there is not a lot of turnover. One of the unique parts of the hiring process is that every applicant has to take some sort of a test. It is specifically tailored to the individual's prospective job and I think it is a great way to assess the applicants skill level as well as interest in SNAP.

Interview Questions

• Given that SNAP is a social media company, interest in technology is critical for success in this environment. I was asked to talk about my interest / use of technology and social media as it is very relevant to SNAP's business.   Answer Question