SNC-Lavalin Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Principal Structural Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SNC-Lavalin (Mumbai (India)) in June 2018.

Interview

The shortlist : This may involve you sending a tailored CV and cover letter in response to an advertised position or going through an online application process.
    The First Round Interview
    The Second Round Interview
    The Third Round Interview
    The Job Offer

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SNC-Lavalin in January 2013.

Interview

Short interview over the phone and was hired, good company with little knowledge of Transmission Line Industry, some managers very good, some didn't know what was going on. Many people from the office had no clew of what was going on in the field. many engineers had no direction, no management, no time management and very little skills.

Negotiation

There was some, but not much gotr them to move 15% on salary

Pipe Stress Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bothell, WA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at SNC-Lavalin (Bothell, WA) in March 2013.

Interview

Compared to what I hear about in the industry, SNC's interview process is about as simple as they come. One interview with HR for weed out purposes, then an interview with your department.

Interview Questions

• They're mostly concerned about whether you will get along with people in the building.   1 Answer

Business Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SNC-Lavalin (Houston, TX) in December 2017.

Interview

Initial Phone Interview with recruiter, In-Person interview with multiple people, Final In-Person interview with multiple people. Interviews were good, people were nice and very friendly, everyone was communicative ... until, after the final interview when I never heard back from anyone to tell me that I did or did not get the job - even after reaching out more than once. Not hearing anything from them after spending so much time in the interview process and being told I was one of two candidates that made it to the final round of interviews was pretty disappointing.

Interview Questions

• Scenario based interview - business problem that they had recently worked on and work through how I would try to resolve.   Answer Question

Assistant Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at SNC-Lavalin in February 2015.

Interview

Company called and scheduled phone interview. Interview went really well and we scheduled a in person interview for the following week. The night before the in person interview I received a message from HR stating the interview was cancelled and we would reschedule. To this point I haven't heard a think from the company. I found the company to be extremely unprofessional and I'm glad to find this out before I wasted anymore time with them.

IT Analyst Interview

Interview

Good hiring and interview process. Interviewer made me feel at ease.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of how you would think outside of the box.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Little room for negotiation.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SNC-Lavalin (Houston, TX) in June 2014.

Interview

3 rounds. Corporate recruiter call. Department head interview. Group interview. HR generalist will talk to you after the 2nd interview. It is not difficult. People are friendly. Questions are quite common. Feel pretty sincere.

Project Controls Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at SNC-Lavalin (New York, NY) in April 2012.

Interview

boring, few technical questions because their guy wasn't technically qualified. they paid for dinner and brought a nice looking woman with them, to knock you off your game i guess. Worst, weakest group of management people i've ever met in 20 years in the business. Their questions focused on how they were going to make you billable and get the clients money vs what you can do for their company. Most managers were Canadians that were hit in the head with hockey pucks before the NHL mandated use of helmets.

Interview Questions

• So what do you like to do in your spare time, although we are going to work you like a dog?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at SNC-Lavalin in September 2011.

Interview

The process took a few months - initial application submitted online, then email from recruiter, two phone interviews and finally on site interview with the hiring manager. After that everything went smoothly with the offer and onboarding process.

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Marlborough, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at SNC-Lavalin (Marlborough, MA) in July 2014.

Interview

The interview process was very straightforward for a large company of this size, but was lengthy. It began with a phone interview, followed by a video-chat interview, then an in-person interview with management. Took about three months -- start to finish.

Interview Questions

• What are some of your weaknesses?   1 Answer

Refinery Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at SNC-Lavalin (Houston, TX) in April 2018.

Interview

Back and forth several times and waited one month before getting the telephone interview arranged that they want to interview me the next day. I thought they forgot me for many days.

Interview Questions

• Technical interview on refinery operations and communications skills and writing expertise and training skills.   1 Answer