SNC-Lavalin Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SNC-Lavalin Interview Questions

Updated May 2, 2017

2.6

Assmebly Interview

Interview

I did not get to talk too much, the interviewer asked a lot of questions and spoke a lot about the company. He asked about my previous experience in assembly. Thankfully my resume was just what they were looking for.

Senior Automation Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at SNC-Lavalin (Orlando, FL).

Interview

Very informal, laid back atmosphere. Initially it was via email correspondence as I was on assignment state side. Once back in Calgary, I spoke to the manger via telephone before coming in for a face to face. Little bit of technical questions and a lot of character/team fitting questions.

Interview Questions

• Will you be able and capable of coordinating work between Calgary and value engineering centre despite the time difference?   1 Answer

Assistant Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at SNC-Lavalin in February 2015.

Interview

Company called and scheduled phone interview. Interview went really well and we scheduled a in person interview for the following week. The night before the in person interview I received a message from HR stating the interview was cancelled and we would reschedule. To this point I haven't heard a think from the company. I found the company to be extremely unprofessional and I'm glad to find this out before I wasted anymore time with them.

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Marlborough, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at SNC-Lavalin (Marlborough, MA) in July 2014.

Interview

The interview process was very straightforward for a large company of this size, but was lengthy. It began with a phone interview, followed by a video-chat interview, then an in-person interview with management. Took about three months -- start to finish.

Interview Questions

• What are some of your weaknesses?   1 Answer

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SNC-Lavalin (Houston, TX) in June 2014.

Interview

3 rounds. Corporate recruiter call. Department head interview. Group interview. HR generalist will talk to you after the 2nd interview. It is not difficult. People are friendly. Questions are quite common. Feel pretty sincere.

US Director of IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at SNC-Lavalin (Houston, TX) in January 2014.

Interview

Standard 1 hour interview with the Global VP and 2 of his directors. After the interview, the VP met with other candidates and it took HR about 3 months to get the paperwork finalized. There was quite a bit of work to be done to get the budgets from Canada moved to the US.

Interview Questions

• Describe your strengths, weaknesses, talk about a challenge you had as a manager, etc... Fairly standard behavioral questions.   1 Answer

IT Analyst Interview

Interview

Good hiring and interview process. Interviewer made me feel at ease.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of how you would think outside of the box.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Little room for negotiation.

Pipe Stress Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bothell, WA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at SNC-Lavalin (Bothell, WA) in March 2013.

Interview

Compared to what I hear about in the industry, SNC's interview process is about as simple as they come. One interview with HR for weed out purposes, then an interview with your department.

Interview Questions

• They're mostly concerned about whether you will get along with people in the building.   1 Answer

Construction Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SNC-Lavalin in January 2013.

Interview

Short interview over the phone and was hired, good company with little knowledge of Transmission Line Industry, some managers very good, some didn't know what was going on. Many people from the office had no clew of what was going on in the field. many engineers had no direction, no management, no time management and very little skills.

Negotiation

There was some, but not much gotr them to move 15% on salary

Project Controls Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at SNC-Lavalin (New York, NY) in April 2012.

Interview

boring, few technical questions because their guy wasn't technically qualified. they paid for dinner and brought a nice looking woman with them, to knock you off your game i guess. Worst, weakest group of management people i've ever met in 20 years in the business. Their questions focused on how they were going to make you billable and get the clients money vs what you can do for their company. Most managers were Canadians that were hit in the head with hockey pucks before the NHL mandated use of helmets.

Interview Questions

• So what do you like to do in your spare time, although we are going to work you like a dog?   1 Answer