SNL Financial Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SNL Financial Interview Questions

2.7

Associate Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at SNL Financial in November 2015.

Interview

Applied through SNL online portal via an alumni reference. Got a call a couple days later to set a phone screen with HR. After that I did another phone screen with a Manager and finally did a 4 person phone interview (~2 hrs). The process took about 2.5 weeks and went extremely well. The people were fantastic, informative, and totally transparent about the hiring process. SNL has a refreshingly well crafted screening process.

Interview Questions

It was a tough decision but in the end I decided to go a totally different direction career wise.

Research Associate, Mobile Media Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monterey, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SNL Financial (Monterey, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

Phone call interview with SNL's recruiter --> Phone call interview with hiring manager --> Onsite interview with four interviewers --> Writing assessment
    The interviews were very friendly, talked a lot about your previous experience. Be prepared for basic technical questions related to finance. Moved really fast, got timely feedback.

Interview Questions

• What's the difference between balance sheet and income statement?
      How do you decide discount rate?
      1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at SNL Financial.

Interview

There was three rounds of interview process. First one was the HR round. They asked couple of questions and based on that they may conduct GD session if required and eligible. Then there was an interview with Department head and then regional director. After that you may be asked for salary and other perks if any.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something about yourself.
      Financial knowledge and related applications
      Answer Question

Energy Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at SNL Financial in August 2015.

Interview

I spoke with their recruiter. After learning more about what the specific job entailed, I decided it wasn't the best position to pursue for my aspirations and skill set. I was offered an in person interview but decided to decline. Positive experience.

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SNL Financial.

Interview

I applied online. It took a week or two to hear back. I only had a phone interview. The HR is nice. They asked about finance experience, writing experience, excel skill. No hard questions. The salary is quite low, less than 40K

Interview Questions

• What's your salary expectation? What do you know about this company? Do you enjoy writing? Are you wiling to relocate if you are currently not in the state.   Answer Question

Operations Specialist Interview

Application

The process took 6 days. I interviewed at SNL Financial in July 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter, phone interview with hiring manager, in person interview. Basic interview questions. She pointed out that I applied to many positions in the past , but this was the second one I received a callback from in two years. I never even got a response for the majority of them. This is an entry level role.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SNL Financial.

Interview

Very straightforward and easy there were no issues answering any of the questions. They are basic, general interview questions. I had a phone interview and then a 1:1 and then an interview with 2 people.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself and why you would be a good fit at the company?   Answer Question

Business Intelligence Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at SNL Financial (Alpharetta, GA) in May 2015.

Interview

It was pretty good until I did the face to face meeting, which was scheduled very last minute, for almost 1/2 a day. I asked them about the culture given the glass door reviews for the company they acquired, iPartners. The response was" I guess you won't be working here". He tried to laugh it off, but his body language said otherwise. He went on to explain they let a woman go the day before my interview because she didn't get along with anyone. DONT ASK ABOUT iPartner reviews! If you're lucky and you work with the manager in Virginia, (not his manager), I think you'll be fine, as everyone from the Virginia area was pretty good. I didn't get an offer, but I wouldn't have accepted. I had a bad feeling about working in the Alpharetta location.

Interview Questions

• How would you feel working in an office where mist of your team members are in another city   1 Answer
    • How would feel about working in banking, given you have no industry experience. Could you read balance sheets?   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at SNL Financial (Charlottesville, VA) in April 2015.

Interview

There was one over the phone interview with a member of the HR team. I heard back within two days that I had earned an on-site interview the same week. The on-site interview was conducted by two of the current Marketing managers. It was a straightforward, behavioral interview. There was a lot of time for questions. I heard back within a few days over the phone that I had gotten the offer.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest strength and what is your greatest weakness?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SNL Financial.

Interview

Recruiter approached me based on my work history. Had a pre-qualifying phone interview with recruiter. Good conversation, open, honest and transparent about expectations and success metrics for position. Had an excellent conversation with the hiring manager in a second interview. Communication was primarily through email. Responses were prompt, clear and polite.

Interview Questions

• Describing specific experience related to position in industry.   Answer Question