SOS Employment Group Oil & Gas Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

5.0

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Oil & Gas Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SOS Employment Group in September 2011.

Interview

Responded to Schlumberger job on careerbuilder and was redirected to SOS where I completed an application; subsequently, I received a call back and was "invited" to attend their job fair where I would be interviewed. I drove 189 miles round trip to find out that it was only a prelimenary face-to-face with SOS staff. "Interviews" were not scheduled and were first-come, first-served. I felt misled about the "interview" and this suspicion was confirmed as I listened to a 5 tour Iraqi veteran tell the SOS recruiter that he had driven 300 miles for what he thought was going to be a real interview for a job that he was led to believe was a 9-5 job. I was appalled as I listened to this SOS recruiter feed the Vet lie after lie about the job, an oilfield frac. operators position that is oncall 24/7 for 14 days straight. The Vet informed the SOS employee that he was very clear on the phone about his desire for 9-5 employment because he was a new father. When the Vet then asked about relocation, the SOS recruiter continued to lie telling him that the hours would then be about 12-14 hrs daily - that was plain B.S. as oilfield frac hands work oncall 24/7.

And then I got my turn. I will spare the details, but this SOS recruiter lied through his teeth and when confronted about them, lied to cover his lies. It got to the point that he no longer made sense.

I would AVOID these jerks like the plague! They will tell you only what they think you want to hear and then just leave you hanging.

Interview Questions